SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started buying this scale/quality 2 years ago. I was paying roughly £100 per figure (Cody, Snowtrooper, Bossk, Grievous etc). These figures are exceptional and I felt they where worth the outlay, even though they are expensive.

I was also able to purchase these outright as I budget this from my wages.

Fast forward 18 months / 2 years and the prices have all doubled. Not only this, but there has been a big increase on the amount available due to 2 companies now churning out high end Star Wars.

I really wanted a Snowspeeder Luke, but the price will be north of £200/£250 and the head sculpt does not look real (from the eyes up it is toy quality).
I just hope I can find this 12 months down the line heavily discounted through Zavvi.

You may be waiting a long time. Not as long as me. The stop I get off at is Walrus Man.

You're going to pay $260 for your Walrus Man.

I guess that's better than paying $250 for a Dooku. Old dude in a cape and trousers.:dunno

I'll use reward points.

robert-downey-jr-gifs-04042014-05.gif

Eh, could be like paying $250 for a big nose in a black robe.

I used my reward points on sink smashing Batman.

Batman would pay $2700 for Snowspeeder Luke.

Then he'd break it, post the video on Sideshow Freaks, and make the cheap nerds like King Darkness cry.

You may be waiting a long time. Not as long as me. The stop I get off at is Walrus Man.

You say that but methinks it would be more like "This Walrus Man is sweet and all but he's kinda lonely with Doc Evazan to keep him company. Sideshow, where's my Dr Evazan figure?" so beginning another tireless crusade for that last Star Wars figure.

$270 for a bare bones 12 inch figure. I'm speechless.

In fairness... $240 was for the extra bare-bones X-Wing Luke... this has a bit more, but still I think most of the figure is reuse so the cost should at most be $240; but even that is too much given what the final product will end up being.

My guess is the only thing new on this figure is the head sculpt and flight jacket. The rest is most likely from the X-Wing Luke and Hoth Luke figures... they even gave him the same stupid looking sparkle lightsaber :rolleyes2

I really do like the figure and the proto looks great. I have a little more faith in SS ever since TOD Indy, but that price is crazy.

I kinda wish they would have done the same helmet system they did with the X-Wing Luke and just had the hair and helmet be interchangeable. That worked out okay, didn’t it? It would have certainly saved some money, as I’m sure most of the price increase is going to painting a second headsculpt.

And I agree that the grappling hook and thermal detonator should have been included.

I like this version better than regular xwing pilot luke, might wait to get some more rewards to use on him and bring the price down a bit.

Yep, all the stuff I mentioned I have no reason to believe they wouldn't make. It is pretty solid info. However HT works on their own timeline so I have zero info on that. I quit posting hints because I get berated and called a fake and some pretty nasty things by some of the adolescent members here when I don't give all the exact info I have. Like I owe it to them. So I don't hint at anything anymore. People here get way too serious about the dollies. ;)

Thats too bad. I really loved the hints you used to give. Hope you change your mind and continue to give some.

Well.. I think he looks pretty good. But like everyone said, the price!! :horror ... $270 is just crazy. No need to list any further reasons as I think I agree with what everyone has already said. Although on the bright side, Darth Maul is now a bargain!! :lol ... Maybe sideshow is hurting from lack of orders since all their stuff seems to be hanging around for quite some time. Lower production numbers mean increased production costs. But I guess that's just not a big enough incentive for them to step up their game. They should go back to releasing more clones. They were great at that. I still like my phase 2 Rex as much as any HT figure.. But I'm sure somehow he'd be $250 now too.

Back