SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to get behind this because it looks good. But $270? Compounded with $20 shipping. They are making this really difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always WANTED this figure, but I cannot justify the $290 it will cost to get to my house. Even with the monthly $20 coupon, I can't. I know the cost of things go up , but I paid $300 for Hot Toys Vader that came with much more stuff and electronics.

SS produces garbage. Why buy thier 1/6 figures? You already know it will be subpar, and for $300 you shouldnt have to work on it make it half decent. Must be patient and HT will do it.

If you keep compromising on quality than SS will continue to produce garbage at inflated pricing. They can't compete it's a fact, not an opinion anymore.

The biggest statement to SS is to not buy. They will get the picture then, and maybe try to actually compete.

Sideshow is a joke. Aside from some select figures going forward I won't be getting their stuff anymore. Between sketchy quality and their prices it just isn't worth it.

At one point I had heard they were trying to leave the 1/6 game and focus more on busts, sculptures, etc. I wonder if they're TRYING to price themselves out of 1/6?

IF he came with the grappling gun, suspension harness, thermal detonator, light up saber arm attachment, balaclava head, and a snow base it might be worth the price tag. But then again it would have the hot toys logo on it.

Yep. You got that right.

I remember when I used to wish I could get Hot Toys figures for Sideshow prices...I miss those days.

Who says this board can't agree on anything?

Anyway, found one possible explanation for the price increase. See Sideshow's new "foyer" in their Thousand Oaks location...

11202806505_2b9d071449_b.jpg

To all of you whining about the price, what did you expect with X-wing Luke costing $250? This is the same figure with 2 head sculpts, a new jacket, a gun, a lightsaber, and a new belt, with the boots from the hoth Luke. Did you guys think sideshow's would just give you that stuff for free?

My issue isn't price or likeness, hell, this looks just as much as Luke skywalker as hot toys most recent Luke figure. My issue is with the drop in quality from prototype to production.

I pray that sideshow can start pulling off these paint apps in production, because as of right now, they are the ones with a decent selection of OT figures coming out.

Who says this board can't agree on anything?

Anyway, found one possible explanation for the price increase. See Sideshow's new "foyer" in their Thousand Oaks location...

11202806505_2b9d071449_b.jpg

That ceiling obviously wasn't painted by one of their artists.

Looks like no one is going their either!
It does make the AT-AT driver much more palatable. Even Punisher...

My issue is with the drop in quality from prototype to production.

That's true, but like you said about not being surprised by the price, most people here aren't surprised by that drop in quality because that's been an issue for Sideshow since 2005 (first figure after Luke Jedi).

It's just harder to swallow when the price is nearing $300.

And now SS's own NRD policy is going to hurt them because not many people trust them well enough to risk their NRD upfront... therefore fewer preorders will be made...and therefore fewer figures get made based on "demand"... and therefore the price keeps going up.

Back