SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange, usually Sideshow can at least make their prototype figures look really good, but this one just isn't working for me at all. The headsculpt just completely kills it for me.

Wonder how long it'll be before this thread gets locked!!!

At the risk of being called a SS apologist, which I'm not, it should probably be locked already. Everybody is posting the same thing over and over again 1) Figure is too expensive 2) Head sculpt is not made by Hot Toys. How about we all agree on those 2 points and only post when somebody has something original to say? :dunno

We also all agree that he should have come with the grappling hook (with a long line that could have held the figure's weight) and the detonator that takes out the AT AT.

We also all agree that the frost effect on the light saber is stupid.

I actually like the sculpt. The figure looks pretty good, especially the jacket.

This was the version that I wanted but I got a decent deal on X-Wing Luke and bit the bullet, some months ago. There is NO way I'll pay close to $300 bucks (shipped) for this one, though. I'll just pick up a loose jacket, pair of snow gloves and call it a day. (already have a spare Bespin Luke gun belt, blaster and saber ready to go.)

So the head inside the helmet isn't removable? That kills it for me, because it means I probably won't be able to put a decent likeness inside it, e.g. DX07.

We also all agree that the figure has to s*ck solely because it's made by Sideshow, not HT, and the sculpt has nowhere near enough Tom Cruise to be accepted as an accurate Mark Hamill.:lol

It would be interesting if someone got access to the pictures of this figure a few days early, removed the SSC logo from the bottom and put the HT logo on, and released them here. I know the insulting price is part of what's driving the negative reaction, but honestly - you have to wonder how the comments would be reading about the figure itself.

I'm happy with how the figure is looking (but then I really like the X-Wing Luke). While I'd have liked it to be priced lower, it's still a definite purchase for me

Any reason why Sideshow is just releasing rehashes of figures they have done ?

Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Boba Fett
Xwing Luke and Snowspeeder Luke are kind of the same. They've lately even had contests for figures that were long out of production.

I actually really wanted this figure and think it looks really cool. It would've been a definite purchase if it was priced like Hoth Luke and Han like it should have been, but alas it was not meant to be.

We also all agree that the figure has to s*ck solely because it's made by Sideshow, not HT, and the sculpt has nowhere near enough Tom Cruise to be accepted as an accurate Mark Hamill.:lol

It would be interesting if someone got access to the pictures of this figure a few days early, removed the SSC logo from the bottom and put the HT logo on, and released them here. I know the insulting price is part of what's driving the negative reaction, but honestly - you have to wonder how the comments would be reading about the figure itself.

I didn't like the HT Han likeness until I had it in hand - in fact, I bought it intending to sell the head, but warmed to it when it arrived. However, nothing could make me like this, the likeness is in there somewhere but not obvious and when it arrives it will be mahogany and look nothing like the proto. On the other hand I thought their hoth Han was pretty good. I think there's a little more to this conversation then blind love/ blind hate.

I think the head sculpt is one of Sideshow's better attempts. The hair could use a bit more detail or paint depth but I definitely see Hamill, where I can't with the last 2 sculpts. I wish the helmet was separate so he could be posed holding it but I'll probably have him posed with the helmet on anyway.

I'm not definitely getting but I'm definitely not not getting it either. :) I'll have to see where I'm at financially next year and if I have space for another figure.

I like exclusives like this, where you don't feel like you're totally missing out if you don't get it direct from Sideshow. It's just a little something extra for those that order direct. Now, speaking of the exclusive hand, what is going on with Luke's super-bendy thumb?

Attachments

• 1001171_press02.jpg
    1001171_press02.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 131

This is why I really don't understand why they reveal the price with the blog announcement. They kill the talk about the figure. I thought they would have learned the lesson from Luke X-Wing. That figure looked great but everyone just talked about the stupid price, and having now seen that figure in person today for the first time, I think the production figure (with the helmet on at least) held up nicely.

I think this figure looks nice and since I had been on the fence for the longest time about Luke X-Wing I've decided to get off that fence completely and get up on the fence for this figure. Having also seen Indy today, which I thought looked pretty nice and might be a purchase for me, if this Snowspeeder Luke comes out nice with paint apps the level of the Indy figure, I'll probably order either direct for the exclusive (and pay in full with rewards) or find a decent deal somewhere.

Also good call on the creepy thumb, lamtsunfung. Noticed that last night. :horror

Back