1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the new Sideshow Maul, bought it super cheap when people were unloading when HT was announced. It's good, but it's overrated. It's also not a human with hair and fleshtone to paint. For about $160 I didn't feel shortchanged but for $265 shipped I would have. HT will almost definitely do a better sculpt.

I have the new Sideshow Maul, bought it super cheap when people were unloading when HT was announced. It's good, but it's overrated. It's also not a human with hair and fleshtone to paint. For about $160 I didn't feel shortchanged but for $265 shipped I would have. HT will almost definitely do a better sculpt.

I was thinking about that yesterday. Maul was really expensive, and pretty bare bones. Luke here has two heads, a poncho and a lot more hands for around the same price (or cheaper, I didn't order so I don't remember what Luke's price was). While I'm still happy to have Maul in my collection, I'm further annoyed by cost. Because of cost and value (I'll bring up Jango again as while he looked fantastic, those damn knees were absolute crap) it's not likely I'll order another figure made by Sideshow. I've lived long enough to never say never, but it'll have to be amazing for me to consider.

Ahhh....SS first 1/6 figures, how much were they about $10 :)

About 60, I think?
Even then, I felt they were outrageously over-priced. I remember doing a side-by-side comparison with a DML figure from around the same time that was a gazillion times better (IMHO), came loaded with stuff and was cheaper... and I was nearly lynched! :lol

Seriously. What's the hold up with this figure? Hot Toys has announced AND RELEASED figures in less time. I wish Sideshow would hold off on announcements a little bit so there was less time between that and releases. Waiting over a year for a figure is a little much.

I have a sneaking suspicion that HT have a stranglehold on most high end factories, making it difficult for others to get their products in.

SSC gave up knowing they cannot produce a figure anywhere close to the prototype....they are afraid of the inevitable negative comparison to HT..

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

GeneralZod's photos of Luke that Snake hasn't shared here yet:

6029bd3dde7e2c850d4f7592bc07b161.jpg

84fda6be60562bc8058aa227acfa2584.jpg

30e8d2496cefeb92a51a4659677c7911.jpg

d49a13f56d8c210bd7e71075dc1f985d.jpg

cfc5ea2035b6633a49ea2491f63ecbdf.jpg

I actually prefer the Endor helmeted sculpt shown here over the Hot Toys one.

Crazy how SS can make decent tailored clothes but the HS don't stack up. I prefer the duds on the SS version over the HT.

Black outfit looks good. Would like to see it with the HT sculpt for comparison. Anyone else think the robe looks kinda...furry?

If the production hs is as good I'm glad to go with SS. The outfit is much better too. I hope SS nails this!

I do like the look of the tailoring better on this but that headsculpt just keeps reminding me of Joaquin Phoenix.
daaf559191b3a95ac64991165a21bff8.jpg

bca9dc56f46668625be08b2f5ca50b0e.jpg

9314c62d4741fb578798ec82a6e876c5.jpg

Back