1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this sideshow release looks infinitely better than the hot toys ones, and that new "teethy" sculpt they showcased is awful.

I think this sideshow release looks infinitely better than the hot toys ones, and that new "teethy" sculpt they showcased is awful.

I just don't think this one looks like Mark Hamill at all though. I know the open mouth sculpts bother people but there's no questioning that Mark.

I just don't think this one looks like Mark Hamill at all though. I know the open mouth sculpts bother people but there's no questioning that Mark.

That's my viewpoint as well. I tried and tried to make myself like this release, but I couldn't get there. I think it's been discussed at length about the SS head sculpt...and we got everything from Matt Damon to a bunch of others, but most agreed that while it looks like some idealized version of a ROTJ Jedi, it never came to look like Luke/Mark Hamill. I put it this way...take the head by itself with no outfit on or head piece, and show it to someone and ask you they think it is...I can't see many thinking "hey that is Mark Hamill!!!". I ate the pre-order fee just to cancel this one

I think I may order this one for the outfit once I see the final product. I like the Hot Toys figure but it ain’t perfect.

I'm sorry but this one is leagues beyond that FIRST hot toys release, and the hot toys version looks nothing like Luke to me so.

I'm sorry but this one is leagues beyond that FIRST hot toys release, and the hot toys version looks nothing like Luke to me so.
Better than this, i agree. Otherwise you are wrong.
3f7a859cf20145cd83ed041e5f5348fb.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

What is really bad is how some of these things (SS more than others) are drastically different than the protos and there's that lovely NRD :banghead

How do you judge and compare with something that’s not even out yet?

Because the prototype doesn't look like Hamill and SSC only gets worse in production?

star-wars-luke-skywalker-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100190-13.jpg

The tailoring looks great on that, but that is not a good Mark Hamill likeness at all. The best I've seen people describe it as is a video game likeness of Luke.

Nah I'm not wrong. I think this Luke is way better looking than the hot toys one.

My post was in Regards to this statement^

Because the prototype doesn't look like Hamill and SSC only gets worse in production?

View attachment 439201

The tailoring looks great on that, but that is not a good Mark Hamill likeness at all. The best I've seen people describe it as is a video game likeness of Luke.

I'm not a SS fan, but I gotta say that the outfit doesn't look half bad. Would be interesting to see a HT head sculpt on the body

My post was in Regards to this statement^

I mean it's not perfect but imo it looks better than the doll-baby-like HT luke sculpt with his mouth open wierdly. But this is all over the proto and SS has a bad history of not doing well on production sculpts. I guess we'll see.

It's a matter of personal preference is all. Nobody here will ever convince me that the hot toys rotj luke looks better than this prototype Luke. I like the hair and the face better. And the body clothing and accessories are way better than the hot toys release.

Back