1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Doesn't look anything like it. IMO.View attachment 442992
Yes! When people were mentioning a windswept hair look, that's exactly what I pictured. Thinking it just wouldn't work that well in sculpted form; that they would have to take some major liberties..and yeah they did. I just don't like it at all. Even if it was spot-on, I don't want a windswept hair figure lol.

Definitely does look a lot like Tom there - he's definitely got his nose!
Yep I'm still waiting for a good ANH Luke Sculpt.

I don't like Jnix at all. Looks googly eyed.

The one I like best right now is the SS Xwing sculpt. Just needs a solid repaint.

I'm hoping someday Inigo will do a ANH Luke

Or I'll even take a quality sculpt from HT if they can get the likeness to not look like Tom Cruise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What about a repainted Sideshow, Trevor did a really good sculpt.

d1fue6k-75db045d-1f1f-4e8e-b5d2-207adc6e4317.jpg

Thanks for the review. Nice job. Really wish the paint apps were better as the rest of the figure looks good. I am looking forward to seeing your inigou sculpt painted by Frost Studios. I too have the sculpt but will wait until i have available funds before finding someone to paint it.

It’s brown, but the HT one seems black and seems to have a black buckle. Curious to pick up some cheap alternatives.

Thanks brother. I was looking at some movie stills right after I saw this..I guess it supposed to be black..oh well.

At last! A review that's in focus! That shows all of the features! That has great CU and rotating shots. Seriously, thanks - good job.

The only major drags on this figure to me at this point are the flat-toned hair, the strange waxy hands, the top stitching on the hood and that the main outfit is so incredibly wrinkled. I also have noticed the the bill on the Endor Helmet seems to be warped and crooked on every in-hand shot we've seen.

Best review by far...thanks for the good look!

At last! A review that's in focus! That shows all of the features! That has great CU and rotating shots. Seriously, thanks - good job.

The only major drags on this figure to me at this point are the flat-toned hair, the strange waxy hands, the top stitching on the hood and that the main outfit is so incredibly wrinkled. I also have noticed the the bill on the Endor Helmet seems to be warped and crooked on every in-hand shot we've seen.

Best review by far...thanks for the good look!

The video recording part is fine in the review. Everything else...not so much. The first minute to 90 seconds is spent praising Sideshow for many various things, and the entire review follows suit, basically explaining how HT messed up each part and how SS did it better. I can't take that review seriously. I appreciate taking the time to do it...but wow... everything was how hot toys failed at each thing (the baggy jumpsuit from SS looks awful. No it wasn't not skin tight in the movie but it definitely didn't look like a baggy racecar driver suit either). The face sculpt? Really? Even nitpicking the HT saber? The Hero saber in the film wasn't weathered at all as you claimed HT messed up that part. The V2 saber was quite weathered, but since neither of these figures came with the V2, Hot Toys actually had it right by keeping the hilt clean.

The other thing I don't get when reviewers say...."I'm not too disappointed in the figure because I used points and didn't pay full price". The thing is, you paid for other figures to earn those discount points and also cost yourself being able to use them for another figure, which is why I don't think it's exactly fair to say based on a lower price, this figure wasn't too bad. It's still a $260 figure, and I couldn't see paying even $100 for it. Ugh. Anyway, just my opinion. Looking forward to the HT Deluxe so an actual comparison can be made.

The video recording part is fine in the review. Everything else...not so much. The first minute to 90 seconds is spent praising Sideshow for many various things, and the entire review follows suit, basically explaining how HT messed up each part and how SS did it better. I can't take that review seriously. I appreciate taking the time to do it...but wow... everything was how hot toys failed at each thing (the baggy jumpsuit from SS looks awful. No it wasn't not skin tight in the movie but it definitely didn't look like a baggy racecar driver suit either). The face sculpt? Really? Even nitpicking the HT saber? The Hero saber in the film wasn't weathered at all as you claimed HT messed up that part. The V2 saber was quite weathered, but since neither of these figures came with the V2, Hot Toys actually had it right by keeping the hilt clean.

The other thing I don't get when reviewers say...."I'm not too disappointed in the figure because I used points and didn't pay full price". The thing is, you paid for other figures to earn those discount points and also cost yourself being able to use them for another figure, which is why I don't think it's exactly fair to say based on a lower price, this figure wasn't too bad. It's still a $260 figure, and I couldn't see paying even $100 for it. Ugh. Anyway, just my opinion. Looking forward to the HT Deluxe so an actual comparison can be made.

It's $235, but maybe you mean including that Standard Sideshow shipping slug. I don't think even someone who lives across the street from Sideshow would have less than a $15 shipping bill, and I guess they'd have CA tax anyway.

I agree the review - while nicely put together and (finally as JB said) in nice video quality - is bit weird in that it seems to praise a lot about the figure (and yes, a lot of dissing of the HT fig, some of it deserved) but then ends with a "5 or 6/10" grade and a "get your **** together Sideshow" final comment.

I will say it's a hard fig to grade - the face sculpt actually has some Hamill in there and the paint isn't terrible but it just isn't a head you can use on a fig like this, that relies heavily on a strong headsculpt. The outfit does seem a bit race car driver and what concerns me is that this fig seems bigger than the HT figure (taller and thicker) so the outfit won't work to well for just a parts outfit for the Ht fig if people think it needs the swap.

The accessories are definitely a step down on the normal SSC quality (they seem to have been having trouble with belts lately - both belts on this fig, the Snowspeeder fig, Dengar's belt, even Zuckuss's is a bit off) but the pistol is great, a big step up on the HT one. The boots - I have a pair on the way from TA but they look a bit to thick. The vest I like a little more than the HT one, but it's not noticeable enough to grab it. The helmet head works okay only because it envelops/shadows the same sculpt, and the poncho is just okay - not baggy enough, fabric a bit stiff and stitching a bit prominent but can be made to look decent (I liked it on the smaller Ht fig)

I don’t know why people even waste their time doing reviews. People ask for them. Demand them, really. Then — when they get them — people ***** and complain it isn’t fair, or realistic, or whatever — because it doesn’t echo their own opinion. So, why bother? It’s one person’s opinion. They vary. And when there is more than one option for the same thing, everyone is going to try to shout down anything that might imply their buying decision might not be as perfect as they think.

I don’t know why people even waste their time doing reviews. People ask for them. Demand them, really. Then — when they get them — people ***** and complain it isn’t fair, or realistic, or whatever — because it doesn’t echo their own opinion. So, why bother? It’s one person’s opinion. They vary. And when there is more than one option for the same thing, everyone is going to try to shout down anything that might imply their buying decision might not be as perfect as they think.

I didn't say it wasn't fair, or realistic (not sure what that means) or whatever - I was just saying that it's a bit contradictory where you praise a figure pretty highly then give it a 5/10 and tell the company to shape up at the end.

Reviews are purely and simply a great way to see ultra-clear images/video of a new fig.:dunno

And frankly, I rarely see people disagreeing with figure video reviews or arguing about them on here. They will occasionally make fun of them - such as "jazz hands guy", the 480 resolution guy the other day etc - but not really argue or try to shout them down.

I didn't say it wasn't fair, or realistic (not sure what that means) or whatever - I was just saying that it's a bit contradictory where you praise a figure pretty highly then give it a 5/10 and tell the company to shape up at the end.

Reviews are purely and simply a great way to see ultra-clear images/video of a new fig.:dunno

And frankly, I rarely see people disagreeing with figure video reviews or arguing about them on here. They will occasionally make fun of them - such as "jazz hands guy", the 480 resolution guy the other day etc - but not really argue or try to shout them down.

My post wasn’t geared toward you, my friend. I was writing it before your post even showed up, but was posted after. I wasn’t fast enough in my one-finger typing.

Thanks for the review. Nice job. Really wish the paint apps were better as the rest of the figure looks good. I am looking forward to seeing your inigou sculpt painted by Frost Studios. I too have the sculpt but will wait until i have available funds before finding someone to paint it.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty excited.

I praised the outfit which IS (in my opinion) better than Hot Toys, and Sideshow as a company for being a positive force in our community. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. I will take that into consideration. I review figures and shoot them because I find it to be both an interactive and creative way to enjoy the hobby. This figure is a mixed bag... which I stated in my review twice. There's a lot I love about it and a lot I hate about it. Pleasing everyone would be nice, but it's at the bottom of my priority list. Sorry you hated my review. :dunno

Back