1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice production, but I disagree with the assessment on this horrible figure and the quality of SSC versus HT...

This thing is awful in every way. I hate to give all the praise to HT but their product is vastly superior in every way. I wish we DID have a realistic contender to bring some real competition to this hobby.

I had my hopes set on Blitzway, but they are clearly not there yet. The Ghostbusters came close, but Hannibal was a step backward.

SSC just isn’t even in the game , ( hell, they aren’t even in the ballpark or parking lot) with HT with this release.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I don’t know why people even waste their time doing reviews. People ask for them. Demand them, really. Then — when they get them — people ***** and complain it isn’t fair, or realistic, or whatever — because it doesn’t echo their own opinion. So, why bother? It’s one person’s opinion. They vary. And when there is more than one option for the same thing, everyone is going to try to shout down anything that might imply their buying decision might not be as perfect as they think.

Since this was posted pretty much right after my commentary, lol, I'll assume this was either aimed at me or written due to "people like me".

I don't ask/beg/expect video reviews. And yes, they are personal opinions so I try to take them with a grain of salt. Also noted, as I've said before, that I do appreciate anyone who takes the time to discuss their figures, takes photos, makes videos, etc. But that doesn't mean I need to agree with their views or that we aren't allowed to post anything about it if we don't agree with them.

I praised the outfit which IS (in my opinion) better than Hot Toys, and Sideshow as a company for being a positive force in our community. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. I will take that into consideration. I review figures and shoot them because I find it to be both an interactive and creative way to enjoy the hobby. This figure is a mixed bag... which I stated in my review twice. There's a lot I love about it and a lot I hate about it. Pleasing everyone would be nice, but it's at the bottom of my priority list. Sorry you hated my review. :dunno[/QUview]

Didn't hate the review at all, and I apologize if it came across that way. I make it a point to say this a lot in my posts that the views I state are simply my own. I probably could have worded it better, so I mean this, I apologize for my poor wording with my points of disagreement. I also appreciate anyone who does take the time to give the community a look at a figure, as it's helped me numerous times with buying decisions. Lastly...I don't claim to be wise enough in this hobby to offer much beyond my own opinions on things. I know it was probably a bit sarcastic, but regardless I wouldn't expect/want anyone to take constructive criticism from my own views.

Phew, all that being said...to a degree we are all biased about things for whatever reason, well, at least I am. I don't blame anyone but myself for it, but I lost money cancelling this order a while back when I realized how it, to me, just didn't look worth the price. I am glad I did, so that said, I probably have my own bias against Sideshow with this figure, and I'm sure it's reflective in my posts. I just have a hard time giving them much credit for the figure, and again, that's just my view, not my view on anyone's review being right or wrong. So again, I apologize if it came across that way. I'll choose my words a little better next time. We are all in this for fun, so I don't need to correct anyone else to make my opinion the only one. That is a bit dumb on my part.

Ok so I watched the review and heard the criticism of the review and thought the review itself was pretty fair. I think everyone hates a shill and I don’t see that from this video. I thought you gave SS a pretty fair shake that most of us would agree with on the positives and thoroughly brought attention to the negatives we have all pointed out. Great quality video. Keep up the good work. It’s great to see reviews that show the figure and accessories before we decide to buy or have it in hand.

That being said your tone and lack of excitement was evident in your voice. Not a criticism just an observation that I found somewhat funny given how we all were let down by this release.

Constructive criticisms. I would have liked to see comparisons with the HT. Figure, outfit, accessories side by side to show which one truly is superior or to at least allow viewers to decide with their own eyes. I would have also liked to see how the belts work and go on the figure as well as how the clasp on the cloak is fastened. Also how the heads swap or at least a look at the neck peg. I know it’s a small issue but it would be nice to know if the HT head would fit on the SS body. Also a good look at the rest of the gloved hands you mentioned but didn’t show. I am most interested in a side by side full 360 view of the grey vest and black outfit to see how they compare. I would take your word for it more if I could see for myself.

Overall solid review. 5 or 6 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice production, but I disagree with the assessment on this horrible figure and the quality of SSC versus HT...

This thing is awful in every way. I hate to give all the praise to HT but their product is vastly superior in every way. I wish we DID have a realistic contender to bring some real competition to this hobby.

I had my hopes set on Blitzway, but they are clearly not there yet. The Ghostbusters came close, but Hannibal was a step backward.

SSC just isn’t even in the game , ( hell, they aren’t even in the ballpark or parking lot) with HT with this release.

Yeah this. Hope we see Skiff Lando pre order and a previewed Gamorrean Guard from Sideshow soon.

Ok so I watched the review and heard the criticism of the review and thought the review itself was pretty fair. I think everyone hates a shill and I don’t see that from this video. I thought you gave SS a pretty fair shake that most of us would agree with on the positives and thoroughly brought attention to the negatives we have all pointed out. Great quality video. Keep up the good work. It’s great to see reviews that show the figure and accessories before we decide to buy or have it in hand.

That being said your tone and lack of excitement was evident in your voice. Not a criticism just an observation that I found somewhat funny given how we all were let down by this release.

Constructive criticisms. I would have liked to see comparisons with the HT. Figure, outfit, accessories side by side to show which one truly is superior or to at least allow viewers to decide with their own eyes. I would have also liked to see how the belts work and go on the figure as well as how the clasp on the cloak is fastened. Also how the heads swap or at least a look at the neck peg. I know it’s a small issue but it would be nice to know if the HT head would fit on the SS body. Also a good look at the rest of the gloved hands you mentioned but didn’t show. I am most interested in a side by side full 360 view of the grey vest and black outfit to see how they compare. I would take your word for it more if I could see for myself.

Overall solid review. 5 or 6 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I would have kept my Hot Toys figure. I sold it like the day before the new deluxe version was announced. :lol

i got the deluxe luke ENDORE SCULPTS IN TODAY. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE ENDORE SCULPT AND ONE REGULAR INSTEAD I GOT TWO. THAT`S FINE TOOK ONE OF THE HEADS OUT OF THE HELMET MIGHT USE THE HELMET ON AN EXTRA HT LUKE SCULPT ONCE I GET ONE. I USED THE EXTRA SIDESHOW ONE AND TURNED HIM INTO MY BESPIN CLEAN VERSION. I THINK IT TURNED OUT GOOD I USED AN EXTRA HOTH LUKE HAIR PIECE HAD LYING AROUND AND STUCK IT ON THE HEAD SCULPT GAVE HIM SOME BANGS LIKE. IMG_0499 (4).jpg

I praised the outfit which IS (in my opinion) better than Hot Toys, and Sideshow as a company for being a positive force in our community. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. I will take that into consideration. I review figures and shoot them because I find it to be both an interactive and creative way to enjoy the hobby. This figure is a mixed bag... which I stated in my review twice. There's a lot I love about it and a lot I hate about it. Pleasing everyone would be nice, but it's at the bottom of my priority list. Sorry you hated my review. :dunno

I thought it was a good review myself. I may like the HT figure a whole lot more than this one, but it's still far from perfect and I think most of the criticisms you and others make about it is completely fair.

100% agree. Over and over I keep looking at the figure, and my only thought is "I just don't get it". It's my opinion, and I'll speak for myself, that this release literally has no redeemable qualities. The Endor sculpt gets some love because the helmet hides the face better and it looks "ok" from certain angles. I can see that...I don't agree but I can see why some would say that. Anything else...nope. Just awful.

100% agree. Over and over I keep looking at the figure, and my only thought is "I just don't get it". It's my opinion, and I'll speak for myself, that this release literally has no redeemable qualities. The Endor sculpt gets some love because the helmet hides the face better and it looks "ok" from certain angles. I can see that...I don't agree but I can see why some would say that. Anything else...nope. Just awful.

Since when is “hides the face” something we should use to judge a figure if its a good one or not also?

LOL

Since when is “hides the face” something we should use to judge a figure if its a good one or not also?

LOL

Well someone posted in the SS Taun-Taun thread and had the Hoth Solo posed with the winter garb...and the sculpt looked great (hidden under a layer of winter wear....lol!)

LOL

It wasn't me who said that...I think it shows the level of desperation some (SOME not all, folks) People are using to make this release have some sort of qualities. I'm not in that camp, but as I said, I have seen or read about people liking how the helmet partially covers some of the view of the face when looking at it from certain angles.

I think whoever did the Photoshop a few pages back with the brown paper bag over Luke's face nailed the best look for this figure :)

So far on all the video reviews I’ve seen nobody has shown the articulation of this Luke . I want to see if the SSC body has the same as the HT TT :lecture

It wasn't me who said that...I think it shows the level of desperation some (SOME not all, folks) People are using to make this release have some sort of qualities. I'm not in that camp, but as I said, I have seen or read about people liking how the helmet partially covers some of the view of the face when looking at it from certain angles.

I think whoever did the Photoshop a few pages back with the brown paper bag over Luke's face nailed the best look for this figure :)

Oh I knew that wasn’t you...just shocking that statement is even made....

I kitbashed a 3rd Jedi Luke with parts I had left over.

Sideshow 2019 ROTJ sculpt, 2006 Sideshow Jedi Knight outfit, boots, HT tunic, 2019 Sideshow belt, cloak.

20190207_134217.jpg

20190207_142416.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, Chaka - what is the size difference between the HT and SSC head? The SSC seems quite a bit larger than the HT in some pics, but more equally sized in others. Even the very newest SSC heads do still seem to be a bit bigger than HT, though a few like TOD Indy seemed actually a tad smaller than HT.

Great pics, Chaka - what is the size difference between the HT and SSC head? The SSC seems quite a bit larger than the HT in some pics, but more equally sized in others. Even the very newest SSC heads do still seem to be a bit bigger than HT, though a few like TOD Indy seemed actually a tad smaller than HT.

Thanks. I don't think it's noticeably bigger than the HT sculpt.

Looks great! What did you use for the body?

Thanks. I used a TT slim.

Back