SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 versions of Zartan over the years. Gotta say I'm glad that I was a kid in the eighties due to the crap that they were selling in the nineties (looks like he's wearing Harry Potter glasses on the card!) This gem came out in 1993. :slap

I always liked the Ninja Force Zartan. He is dresses like a punk. Which fits the character. I wish Sideshow would have included a orange mohawk head as a throwback.

Ninja Force Zartan was an interesting idea. Of course, the Dreadnoks were punk rock and all. BUT. . .1) he's missing the hood, which is a key part of Zartan's iconic look. No Zartan figure should be without it; 2) he's neon colored. If the Misfits are neon colored nowadays, then I would probably not be a fan of their style; 3) . . .HE'S A ____ING NINJA! WTF??? They made Firefly a ninja, too. Goddamn ninja craze of the early 1990s bastardizing all the cool non-Ninja Joe characters.

I actually remember when that came out, and I was pissed at the time. I had lost my original Zartan somewhere along the way as a kid, and would have killed for another classic looking Zartan. But no, we got that. Same went for "Eco Warriors" Flint. Zartan was always my number 2 GI Joe character as far back as I can remember, but I never bought that figure at the store. I hate the 1990s so much.

Never been to a Misfits concert?

You're right, Jem's arch-nemesis did indeed look like Zartan. Nice catch EVILFACE.

PhillisGabor3.jpg

Ninja Force Zartan was an interesting idea. Of course, the Dreadnoks were punk rock and all. BUT. . .1) he's missing the hood, which is a key part of Zartan's iconic look. No Zartan figure should be without it; 2) he's neon colored. If the Misfits are neon colored nowadays, then I would probably not be a fan of their style; 3) . . .HE'S A ____ING NINJA! WTF??? They made Firefly a ninja, too. Goddamn ninja craze of the early 1990s bastardizing all the cool non-Ninja Joe characters.
I'm fairly certain Zartan was a ninja in all-but-name in the comic years before the Ninja Force figure was released. Remember all that time he spent hanging out with the Arashikage while waiting to kill Snake Eyes?

You're right, Jem's arch-nemesis did indeed look like Zartan. Nice catch EVILFACE.

PhillisGabor3.jpg
Frighteningly so at times:

ARAH_51_Zartan.jpg

Frankly, I'm disappointed that there was never a G.I. Joe/Jem crossover. They could've tied Zartan's holographic shape-shifting abilities to the same Synergy-hologram tech created by Emmet Benton, tied the latter's mysterious death to some Cobra plot, and revealed Eric Raymond as a Crimson Guard. :p

I'm fairly certain Zartan was a ninja in all-but-name in the comic years before the Ninja Force figure was released. Remember all that time he spent hanging out with the Arashikage while waiting to kill Snake Eyes?

Prior to Ninja Force, he was just an assassin, not a ninja. So wrong. And again, prior to Ninja Force there wasn't any hanging out. He took the shot from a perch away from the school.

Back