SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prior to Ninja Force, he was just an assassin, not a ninja. So wrong. And again, prior to Ninja Force there wasn't any hanging out. He took the shot from a perch away from the school.
I said "ninja in all-but-name". He may not have had the title, but he spent time among ninja and apparently picked up enough of the skills to credibly pass himself off as Storm Shadow and to kill trained ninja. From there, it's not much of a step to Ninja Force.

What in the first 70 or so issues or so suggested that Zartan was ninja like, apart from his ability with a bow and camouflage abilities (that he had apparently developed before the assassination of the Hard Master)? That master of disguise thing means he could have credibly passed for anyone, ninja or otherwise.

I said "ninja in all-but-name". He may not have had the title, but he spent time among ninja and apparently picked up enough of the skills to credibly pass himself off as Storm Shadow and to kill trained ninja. From there, it's not much of a step to Ninja Force.

:horror OMFG! I'm a great archer and can nail moving targets from a substantial distance away when assisted with optics like Zartan! Does that mean if I swap out an arrow to match someone else's I'm a ninja?! :yess:

:horror OMFG! I'm a great archer and can nail moving targets from a substantial distance away when assisted with optics like Zartan! Does that mean if I swap out an arrow to match someone else's I'm a ninja?! :yess:

Yeah that was my take on those issues as well. He utilized the necessary disguise tech to pass himself off as a ninja, but no more than that. They THOUGHT he was a ninja because his gadgets allowed him to do something that otherwise would have required advanced ninja training.

Yeah that was my take on those issues as well. He utilized the necessary disguise tech to pass himself off as a ninja, but no more than that. They THOUGHT he was a ninja because his gadgets allowed him to do something that otherwise would have required advanced ninja training.

Supposedly he would have stayed with the Arashikage after the assassination if he didn't fear being exposed by Cobra Commander; just saying, he's not a ninja.

Zartan never trained as a ninja. He apprenticed with the Arashikage's clan's blacksmith to get close to the clan (he helped forge a sword that Storm Shadow would get in the silent issue titled "SFX"), learning the secret of katana making (hard metal maintains its edge, but breaks easily; soft metal has no edge, but doesn't break), folding the metal over and over until the perfect blade was created.

While he had some skill with a bow, Zartan had to use sound amplification equipment to replica Storm Shadow's "Ear that Sees" technique to murder the Hard Master.

Zartan never trained as a ninja. He apprenticed with the Arashikage's clan's blacksmith to get close to the clan (he helped forge a sword that Storm Shadow would get in the silent issue titled "SFX"), learning the secret of katana making (hard metal maintains its edge, but breaks easily; soft metal has no edge, but doesn't break), folding the metal over and over until the perfect blade was created.

While he had some skill with a bow, Zartan had to use sound amplification equipment to replica Storm Shadow's "Ear that Sees" technique to murder the Hard Master.

How do you know Dino, do you cook Zartan's eggs for breakfast, do you read him short stories in bed right before he goes to sleep..........?

ace-ventura.jpg

Yah, he likes soft boiled eggs with a dash of salt and surprisingly enough, loves The Velveteen Rabbit.

My statement of "Zartan never trained as a ninja" may be incorrect (I'm sure all of us were taught not to use extremes such as "never" and "always"). Prior to the the first 120 issues or so of the Marvel RAH series, there was no mention of Zartan training as a ninja. Now, I can't vouch for anything Hama decided to retcon after issue 115 or 120, because I had given up on the series by then.

And of course, I am not infallible. My statements are based on memories of a comic book series that I have not read or reread in a decade or so.

Back