Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm off to the WB London Studio Tour again in a couple of weeks. Been 4 or 5 times. I'm gonna take pictures of each costume - the real costumes, in normal/mid lighting.

As I said in the Voldemort thread - his real costume is much lighter green with patches of colours. It's the camera filters and lenses that make it look darker. Same with Snape.

I'm personally happy if the figures match the on-screen appearance, but I'm still taking pictures for my own comparison.

The actual costume is about the same color purple as on the figure. But Star Ace is going to go more with how the costume appeared on screen, so it will be darker.

The actual costume is about the same color purple as on the figure. But Star Ace is going to go more with how the costume appeared on screen, so it will be darker.

That's definitely the best way for them to go because that's how 99.9% of people will see them.

I collect props and costumes, and it's actually crazy how often they look so different than on screen.

I must admit, I don't remember Snape's costume being that bright purple in the flesh, so it's good they're changing it.

I think the film that's the most striking with filters is the Matrix. Everything in the Matrix is green. Everything in the real world isn't. Simple, but effective.

The HP films seem to use a wide range of filters depending on mood and they vary from film to film. But, generally, all the clothes appear darker IMO.

Star Ace is on a roll until this figure showed up. But I know they'll improve the hs, like they did with Hermoine. Medicom's Snape is so much better...

Star Ace is on a roll until this figure showed up. But I know they'll improve the hs, like they did with Hermoine. Medicom's Snape is so much better...

I took my Medicom Snape out of his box to look at his sculpt, and yeah.... Sorry. Way better IMO.

IS there any hope that they'll change the head sculpt at all before release? I was under the impression this was gonna be the final product.

I don't see them tweaking it any further now that the official pics are up and it's available for order. Hermione's tweaks all happened before that stage.

Hot Toys are the only ones I know of who will tweak post pre-order.

Shame. It's one thing if you mess up Moody, but SNAPE? He deserved better. :pfft:

I was just looking through my pictures from the WB Studio Tour and they all look black to me. Snape is represented a few times and has been moved around the tour. Once in the great hall set, once in the potions classroom set and once in the newer section from Malfoy Manor. They are all dark enough to appear black to the naked eye, however I don't recall if it specifies which movie they are from (I am sure it probably does but I don't remember!).

I am hopeful Star Ace will sort him out though, Snape is high on my wants list so I am staying positive!

For anyone who has the Medicom Snape...handle (and store) with great care. The Medicom costume bleeds black into the head.

And oddly enough, the Medicom Snape body is taller than the Star Ace Voldemort.

I was just looking through my pictures from the WB Studio Tour and they all look black to me. Snape is represented a few times and has been moved around the tour. Once in the great hall set, once in the potions classroom set and once in the newer section from Malfoy Manor. They are all dark enough to appear black to the naked eye, however I don't recall if it specifies which movie they are from (I am sure it probably does but I don't remember!).

I am hopeful Star Ace will sort him out though, Snape is high on my wants list so I am staying positive!

I think that the potions classroom set is from HBP, so the costume there might be the right one for this figure. I can't remember for sure though.

It's OOTP

Where Harry learns Occlumency

0df4ce7c7e2b45a58fe8866563c632f6.jpg

And HBP for Slughorn's use.

For anyone who has the Medicom Snape...handle (and store) with great care. The Medicom costume bleeds black into the head.

And oddly enough, the Medicom Snape body is taller than the Star Ace Voldemort.

Just double checked mine. Thankfully no staining. I did have a problem with a red bow tie staining the chin of a figure from Big Chief. So obnoxious when that happens.

Can Medicom heads easily be moved onto Hot Toys bodies, or is there futzing involved? Snape is the only Medicom figure I've ever owned, and he's been in storage his whole life.

I've sent my head to be saved, so I can't try it, but the adapter is built right into the head. It certainly looked to be the right size, and it's made for a HT-style ball joint. I think Medicom is moving toward the mainstream design. Except for that ugly screw in the wrist joint.

Back