Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Star Trek TV Series in 2017!

I will definitely watch the free episode. After that....nope.

It's going to be on CBS All Access.

International Netflix? I'm just wondering why the trailer features the services name, click bate I guess. I'm certainly not paying for CBs to get this, I give virgin media $130 a month for TV, and then Netflix...

Is this on Netflix then? I'll get to watch it it so...

It's on Netflix for everyone outside the USA and Canada.
The first episode will premiere (September 24 2017) on CBS here in the US then both the first and second episode will be immediately available after the premiere on CBS All Access. The rest of the episodes will only be available on CBS all cash grab.

In Canada, the first episode will premiere (September 24 2017) on CTV, then all subsequent episodes will first air on Bell Media's Space Channel in English and Z Channel in French, after that it will be streamed on CraveTV.

I'm a huge Trek fan and I have so little interest in this it's crazy- looks the same thing we saw over and over again in a very little changed package

Sad to say I feel I agree (granted I haven't seen it yet).

I hope they have something more up their sleeve than just Captain Sisko crossed with Captain Janeway. Preferably not just snazzier special effects and lens flare either.

Last edited:

It's safe to say new Trek doesn't want or care about its core fans. It's obviously reaching to to grab the younger PC generation that has the attention span of a gnat.

It's safe to say new Trek doesn't want or care about its core fans. It's obviously reaching to to grab the younger PC generation that has the attention span of a gnat.

you might have something there...

Just to remind everyone, ST: Discovery premieres this Sunday on CBS and on CTV in Canada.

I'm always interested in whatever new Star Trek thing that pops up so I'll give this a shot. It's easier to enjoy these things when you have zero expectations for them though. :lol

I've been doing a Voyager re-run on Netflix. Up to S5 now, I always liked that show more than the critics. I'm kind of looking forward to this... cautiously.

Back