Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it at the beginning. They do share some cool behind-the-scenes insights, but you can catch most of those on TrekMovie.com's writeups on Monday mornings. Personally, I stopped watching because I find the host very annoying. Reminds me of that annoying Bing Bong character from Inside Out, if you've seen it.

Eurgh. Well, I'll give at least one episode a try to see if I can tolerate him.

Y'know, I just realized, there aren't any Discovery Funko Pops yet, are there?

Aside from Anovos and some pins and T-shirts, I don't think there's any toy-related Discovery releases yet? Still waiting on McFarlane's line that's supposedly "coming soon." Though I won't hold my breath that they're anything decent.

Aside from Anovos and some pins and T-shirts, I don't think there's any toy-related Discovery releases yet? Still waiting on McFarlane's line that's supposedly "coming soon." Though I won't hold my breath that they're anything decent.

Wow. Here I just assumed there would be some, because Funko pumps out Pops for eeeeverything. And then some.

What gives? This is a TREK series. Gimmie my toys. :rotfl

McFarlane sure missed any hype train here. They announced the license last May and had zero product out for the whole duration of the season. Supposedly they're making Burnham and T'Kuvma, yet no prototypes have been seen yet. Also, they have announced Spock to go with Kirk, supposedly to be at Toyfair.

This show is a mess. They need one strong-willed show runner that is going to put the hammer down on the constant needless name-dropping and lame connections to original Trek that don't go anywhere and keep this show in an endless spin of committee decrees and executive producer hell.

As much as I am not a JJ fan, one thing he got "right" was just creating their own timeline with the re-boot movies - they never really took advantage of that, but this show could have.

Just image how cool it would have been if in the finale....

Spoiler Spoiler:

..not the half-baked, half-hearted group-hug star fleet re-set moment that sucked the life out of this and rendered every moment of this season pointless. And that final bit of fan-wank right at the end. Ugh.

Wanted to like this - wanted to have some new "Trek" to enjoy - the first season of this ain't exactly it.

Regarding the finale...which I just finished...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, regarding the ending...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the show was much better in the 2nd half of the season, but that finale was pretty mediocre. They could stand to make some changes. Personally, I'd replace Michael with another main character. New POV each season, and Saru should be the new captain

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I gotta admit, this may not be designed to fit cannon, but this looks great:
Spoiler Spoiler:

How anyone could prefer the Abrams reboot Enterprise to what they just displayed in Discovery is mindboggling to me. The stupid fat nacelles, the way they're so damn close to the saucer section, the forward area of the main body jutting out so much..I just...I don't understand...

Well, not everyone agrees on everything. I think he prefers the smoother hull and lighter more uniform coloring of the JJprise for how it matches traditional ST ships. The darker appearance of the STD Enterprise makes it look much more aggressive. I still refer the STD version myself.

I just finished watching the finale and it solves two problems (for me anyway). 1 - It's a reboot. And that's ok. I'm done trying to reconcile this with anything before. It's a third universe. 2 - That Enterprise is a sh-t ton prettier than the JJ version. It's not even close. It's much more faithful to the classic profile and appearance while doing some updates that place it on this show.

Biggest mistake was having it share the screen with the Discovery which doesn't hold a candle to it.

Back