Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas is suck a cheap bastard. He's got a bajillion dollars and is paranoid he'll go over budget. I remember on TPM documentary he said the budget for Episode I was $50 million and it ended up costing $150 million.

Yeah, I know. If Lucas really cared, we would have seen this show years ago, when it was supposed to happen.

I meant to put quotes around the "figuring out the budget" part, because I really don't care what the problem/ lame excuse is, I'd like them to figure out a solution.

If the live action show ended up being as good as it sounded like it was gonna be, and they targeted it more at adult OT fans, I think the first 2 episodes could have been released in movie form, just like the CW. People would have paid to see that, I think.

Of course, the flip side is, it could have ended up as an insult to the OT, and could have been either super-boring, or have no plot and too many explosions. (well, there's no such thing is there? But it still could have had no plot.. :lol)

Oh well, I doubt it will ever really happen. At least not until after Lucas becomes one with the Force. I was just being hopeful.

Not only does the man give millions to charity, but he's left his fortune to it. Yeah, that's a cheap bastard. :cuckoo:

The show has to support itself and coming in on budget means the advertising during the show or the network it's shown on, has to pay for it. That would mean the "cheap bastards" would actually be the sponsors or the network carrying the show, not Lucas. :lol

The show has to support itself and coming in on budget means the advertising during the show or the network it's shown on, has to pay for it. That would mean the "cheap bastards" would actually be the sponsors or the network carrying the show, not Lucas. :lol

:lecture Quoted for truth.

What kind of a business man would he be if he just WASTED cash on a series that might not support itself? Simple business. He funded ESB and Jedi on his own you all know? He didn't have to. It was a gamble that payed off. Now he knows the importance of paying out on something that will give Lucasfilm a return. Give them time, they'll figure something out.

"Lucas is suck a cheap bastard."

perhaps you need to Google the words George Lucas and charity together.

He's generous and gives (even with points on his films). But that doesn't mean he's not clinically frugal when it comes to spending. Two separate things.

The truth is the live action has been put on indefinite hold because Lucas realized how much it would cost to produce per episodes (and he wants at least 100 episodes). When you couple that with how much cheaper (i.e. more profitable) the Clone Wars crud is then you can see how easy it was for him to put the brakes on the live action stuff.

strange, if i thought something was "crud", I would avoid the forum thread.

Or would return to it every so often, to see if anything about it has changed because you are a fan of Star Wars and would like to see if it has become more to your liking. Or just to see what's going on with it. :monkey1

I don't really care if Lucas is cheap or not, I think the problem is he doesn't really care if the live actioin show happens. I think if he cared, he would have been pushing for it more, but the Clone Wars show is probably successful enough to keep him going for a while.

Who knows, maybe he has been pushing for it more than I know, it just seems to me like if it was a priority, it might have happened already.

Or would return to it every so often, to see if anything about it has changed because you are a fan of Star Wars and would like to see if it has become more to your liking. Or just to see what's going on with it. :monkey1

I don't really care if Lucas is cheap or not, I think the problem is he doesn't really care if the live actioin show happens. I think if he cared, he would have been pushing for it more, but the Clone Wars show is probably successful enough to keep him going for a while.

Who knows, maybe he has been pushing for it more than I know, it just seems to me like if it was a priority, it might have happened already.

I think you'd be wrong. It likely has everything to do with budgetary reasons and not Lucas passing it off. It seems like every time one of your Lucas-hating points is countered, you dredge up some other reason to hate on him. If it's not Clone Wars being aimed solely at children (which was wrong), it's he's a cheap bastard (which was wrong), to now, he just doesn't care enough to make it happen (which is wrong). Lighten up. :lol

I think you'd be wrong. It likely has everything to do with budgetary reasons and not Lucas passing it off. It seems like every time one of your Lucas-hating points is countered, you dredge up some other reason to hate on him. If it's not Clone Wars being aimed solely at children (which was wrong), it's he's a cheap bastard (which was wrong), to now, he just doesn't care enough to make it happen (which is wrong). Lighten up. :lol

Right afterwards, I suggested maybe it wasn't Lucas's fault. But anyway, the live action show definitely does not seem to be a priority right now.

I'd be content with a realistic CGI show that take place between Ep 3 and 4.

I'd love to see a realistic CGI series - if we can have Jar Jar binks and digital clone troopers, we could have a realistic CG show. I mean, not "stylized" like the CW (nothing wrong with that, but I think more realistic CG would be really cool)

It'd require a lot more work than the CW on the part of the modelers/animators, though. It could double the amount of time it takes for the frames to render (i.e. for the computer to make the final frames from the 3D models)... The more I think about it, the less feasible it seems, if a live-action show isn't even on the table.

Unless you meant "realistic" in a different way...

I'd love to see a realistic CGI series - if we can have Jar Jar binks and digital clone troopers, we could have a realistic CG show. I mean, not "stylized" like the CW (nothing wrong with that, but I think more realistic CG would be really cool)

It'd require a lot more work than the CW on the part of the modelers/animators, though. It could double the amount of time it takes for the frames to render (i.e. for the computer to make the final frames from the 3D models)... The more I think about it, the less feasible it seems, if a live-action show isn't even on the table.

Unless you meant "realistic" in a different way...

You may be right, I don't know much on what goes into making CG but even if it looked half as good as the TOR trailers, I'd be fine. What kills the CW for me is the Power Puff Girl looking designs.

I dunno. I'd like to see Order 66 from the clones' perspective. Be interesting to have a few episodes just showing how each battalion handled it, including the Republic Commandos.

That would be pretty awesome. Probably too dark for Cartoon Network, but I would love to see that.

That would be pretty awesome. Probably too dark for Cartoon Network, but I would love to see that.

I would've thought that initially, but with how they don't shy away from showing the clones die just about every episode, and how ruthless the characters like Ventress are, I think it's very probable.

I kinda wish they just had a special episode with the OT cast. It'd be cool to see Luke in action in CGI like this against Stormtroopers or something. I know that's a pretty long shot from here though:(

I kinda wish they just had a special episode with the OT cast. It'd be cool to see Luke in action in CGI like this against Stormtroopers or something. I know that's a pretty long shot from here though:(

I thought I had read six months or so ago that they were considering a new post OT series with Luke in the same style as Clone Wars, but I can't remember where I read it. Don't hold me to it. :dunno

Back