Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might just be my favorite figure😬

I’ve swapped the crotch plate over from the Tarkin 2 pack Vader (which was flaking to the touch when I went to get it). I don’t think it’s necessary, I don’t even think it looks better per say, but I don’t wanna mess with the pose to swap it back lol.

View attachment 722487
Which cape is that? looks great

I just got him in. I got the deluxe version. It’s really nice to have the option to go with the clean look if you ever want to switch it up I’m gonna eventually end up with three Vaders lol. I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow but holy moly this is cool and I love the USB-C option. I have to fool with it and look back on the thread to see if any tips and tricks with that.

I just got him in. I got the deluxe version. It’s really nice to have the option to go with the clean look if you ever want to switch it up I’m gonna eventually end up with three Vaders lol. I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow but holy moly this is cool and I love the USB-C option. I have to fool with it and look back on the thread to see if any tips and tricks with that.
I got a 12 foot usb c , and it works fine. Off Amazon...

I have it attached to a timer and a remote switch. It's really making me wonder about spending the money on fusion reactors for the other figures I have , they light up LEFs really make the figure.

I would love my R2 and 3PO to look alive.

I got a 12 foot usb c , and it works fine. Off Amazon...

I have it attached to a timer and a remote switch. It's really making me wonder about spending the money on fusion reactors for the other figures I have , they light up LEFs really make the figure.

I would love my R2 and 3PO to look alive.
Just received my ROTJ C-3PO after a tremendous wait. I am about to hit Fusion Reactors to order a kit for C-3PO and R2-D2.

Yeah I have a usb C splitter cable was able to get it all even the base on one switch. Had it on all day while working it’s so well lit up and bright. This has to be the new standard for light up figures.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Just received my ROTJ C-3PO after a tremendous wait. I am about to hit Fusion Reactors to order a kit for C-3PO and R2-D2.
My concern with fusion reactors is safety.

I have all my detolfs on timers and all UL listed stuff.

The idea of these things being made in a garage some where is a bit unsettling.

And I have actual electrical engineering experience. Made my own LED setup , so been looking into making me own set,

There's some real steals for this figure on ebay these days, probably people selling off to preorder the new even more battle damaged version. You can get dx28 for under $300 apparently which is a steal considering what you get, the best 1:6 Vader tied with the RoTJ version if you are after a full Vader figure with battle damage options and not just a car crash version.

There's some real steals for this figure on ebay these days, probably people selling off to preorder the new even more battle damaged version. You can get dx28 for under $300 apparently which is a steal considering what you get, the best 1:6 Vader tied with the RoTJ version if you are after a full Vader figure with battle damage options and not just a car crash version.
That’s crazy. I’m seeing like 320-340 on Mercari but that’s not including the buying fees. They were selling for mid to high $400 before the reveal of the battle damage one and release of ROTJ.

I prefer this over the newer battle damage version. The newer one has too much damage for my taste.

Was about to cancel my deluxe with SS but after hearing James Earl Jones passed away I'll keep it as my first Vader figure. Plus getting Obi Wan to go with him is fine.

Yeah this is a fantastic figure and arguably the best Darth Vader set that HT has produced, looks like the ROTJ might be close. I still don’t quite get why so many collectors immediately want to sell it and buy a half-naked Vader that has never appeared in any movies or shows instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also, whenever HT does battle damage it ends up way softer in production, just look at the BD 85 or even this Vader’s BD helmet, neither are anywhere as sharp as the prototypes. Full-on battle damaged figures usually give me pause as far as how they will actually turn out.

Last edited:
It's not bad by any stretch but yes, anything battle damage/jagged with details you want high quality resin/polystone.

dx28 is a straight up grail, best r1/owk vader out there with battle damage option.
We tend to talk a lot about the damaged helmet on this piece, since that's the allure of it, and why I got it. But let's not overlook the clean look. Even if you just want a regular Vader, you can't go wrong with this. Yes you can criticize the cod piece and cape, but proportions and details are hard to beat. I am happy I got the deluxe.

That’s crazy. I’m seeing like 320-340 on Mercari but that’s not including the buying fees. They were selling for mid to high $400 before the reveal of the battle damage one and release of ROTJ.

I prefer this over the newer battle damage version. The newer one has too much damage for my taste.
Yeah this is a fantastic figure and arguably the best Darth Vader set that HT has produced, looks like the ROTJ might be close. I still don’t quite get why so many collectors immediately want to sell it and buy a half-naked Vader that has never appeared in any movies or shows instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also, whenever HT does battle damage it ends up way softer in production, just look at the BD 85 or even this Vader’s BD helmet, neither are anywhere as sharp as the prototypes. Full-on battle damaged figures usually give me pause as far as how they will actually turn out.
I agree. I was tempted to get the battle damaged Vader. But like you said, it's not from any movie or show, and the image is all over the place. It isn't really Hayden's likeness. To me Vader has always been this mysterious, and intimidating character. We never see his face until ROTJ, but then he comes back to the lightside and is Anakin again. All that battle damage makes him seem vulnerable, and seeing his whole face takes away the mystery. I like this OWK version in that we see just a little bit of what remains of a damaged Anakin, but still keep the intimidating silhouette and presence of Darth Vader.

On another note since the BD Vader is just a concept, and the Dark Luke is based on a novel, isn't there a Jedi Vader in a comic or something? Like what would happen if Anakin/Vader survived the events of ROTJ? He still keeps his life supporting suit, but it's in a lighter color with white/grey/brown/blue colors. He also has a blue or purple lightsaber. I would get that if it was made.

Back