1/6 Hot Toys - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul Hologram Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grumpy table lamp spotted at Hong Kong Animation Festival 2024:

hkdm.jpg

Looks like a religious ornament :rotfl. He'd go well with my Christmas Nativity set. All of the wise men are around 11 to 12 inches, so he'd be in scale. I could just have him posed behind Joseph, while he stares menacingly at all of my family members who take a glance.

This was a neat idea and very limited..but they completely dropped the ball lol, this light is pathetic.

Might be the most blatant and low effort cashgrab yet. Anyone would bought this if it was not "limited"? At least the only other 1500 edition star wars item the umbra trooper was a solid figure, this is borderline scamming with that "light" :poop:

Horrific release. It might have been given a pass if the one feature it had to make it look like the film, actually light-up the head. You had one job...

Would rather have had a top quality Ep1 Obi-Wan than this very easy to pass item.

Would rather have had a top quality Ep1 Obi-Wan than this very easy to pass item.
That should be a regular release since everyone would want that. How about an Ep1 Anakin, or his padawan look from the end of the film as an exclusive instead of this "nightlight."

What's the top 3 ? (except this night lamp)

It's a hard one to judge I guess. I guess I wouldn't go too far back because earlier Hot Toys were relatively cheap and didn't have the same expected standards.

In the modern era of the top of my head (plus a little refresher), the most recent Batman Begins Batman would have to be in there, both the TV Show Flash figure and the movie Flash were pretty bad (anytime a 3rd party looks better its bad), BVS Wonder Woman was bad, the Force Awakens had some duds like Chewbacca and the articulation across the board with those figures, the Doc Browns maybe, 1/4 scale Joker was crap, Ultron Prime with the fact it only looked good with the lights on, the Johnny Silverhand was a terrible sculpt, Ripley was poor considering the wait (the Aliens Xeno wasn't great either with its mobility and QC issues), MK 85 Iron Man with its initial headsculpt, recently Mace Windu was pretty poor, smiling Ant Man was hilarious too.

I've missed a bunch I'm guessing, but it depends also if a bad headsculpt or a single QC issue is enough to push a figure into the top 3. I've got bad memories with a lot of figures but they're often largely down to one issue, whether its bad posability, a bad headsculpt, QC issues or irritating inaccuracies. I guess Hot Toys poor figures tend to fall into that category of mid but serviceable, rather than outright disasters.

Back