Star Wars: Skeleton Crew

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like SW version of the Goonies:Flush
I was gonna say the same thing... :lol

525675-s4.jpeg

525676-s5.jpeg

Are these the kids that grow up and become the Vespa gang?? :rotfl

Love the tassels hanging from the handlebars... Glad that's a trend that has spanned across the galaxy.

This is so not for me. It looks like Star Wars for the 10 and under crowd. Nothing wrong with that, especially for adult fans with kids in that age group. But looks like the Star Wars version of Spy Kids..

Looks like SW version of the Goonies:Flush
I was gonna say the same thing... :lol
Such keen observations🕵️‍♂️ :lol When they've been from the go upfront telling you exactly what this was:

described as being in the tone of a classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure film of the 1980s.
New Star Wars Series Skeleton Crew Is Inspired by The Goonies - comic book.com
"Jon Watts came to me, very much wanting to do a sort of Goonies in Star Wars," - Kennedy (who executive produced The Goonies and co-founded Amblin Entertainment with Steven Spielberg)​
"Lucasfilm described the then-untitled Skeleton Crew as "a galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the '80s." - Vanity Fair
Lucasfilm was looking to cast four children between the ages of 11 and 12 - Vanity Fair
The show from MCU Spider-Man trilogy director Jon Watts and writer Chris Ford sounds like a Goonies-style adventure set in a galaxy far, far away.
its first-look images have us very excited. We are already feeling the energy of the Amblin ’80s movies that serve as inspiration for this series. The Goonies, Gremlins, and E.T. are whispering to us through these Skeleton Crew first-look images, which we saw via People. They are saying, Star Wars meets Amblin,​

This is clearly meant to be lighthearted, and aimed at kids, And hey it's possibly got the son of Max-Rebo, Min-Rebo.
So for that alone I might check it out. :p
525675-s4.jpeg

525677-s7.jpeg

Last edited:
Well... it at least looks better than the Ewok movies. Anyone remember those? :rotfl

When I was pasting the photos from Nerdist I was thinking that maybe this was Disney's equivalent of the Ewok movies: an attempt to appeal to an even younger audience.

Going by kid Rebo's appearance, it's a tad younger than I was expecting. :lol

Last edited:
525675-s4.jpeg

525676-s5.jpeg

Are these the kids that grow up and become the Vespa gang?? :rotfl

It takes place in the same year as The Book of Bob, so at this time in Star Wars history you have young kids on BMX speeders, who aspire to have Vespa speeders when they grow up. :lol

I'm getting more of an E.T. vibe, but either way it appears to be an homage to '80s movies in general, rather than to Star Wars movies of the '80s.

I'm ok with this, assuming they're targeting the pre-teen Disney audience. Not everything they make related to Star Wars is intended for me and I'm fine with that. Now, some of the things that were made with me as the intended audience but sort of stunk...that's another story! I'll give this a watch to see if it's any kind of fun at all...

I'm ok with this, assuming they're targeting the pre-teen Disney audience. Not everything they make related to Star Wars is intended for me and I'm fine with that. Now, some of the things that were made with me as the intended audience but sort of stunk...that's another story! I'll give this a watch to see if it's any kind of fun at all...
People are still gonna go into it and compare it to Andor, for some reason.

A Star Wars show intended for little kids like Lucas's Ewoks, I'm okay with this.
Like a lot of children's entertainment, it's an easy thing to screw up by dumbing it down and making it too benign. Kids will pick up on the condescension and become disinterested, like Lucas's Ewoks.

This is clearly meant to be lighthearted, and aimed at kids, And hey it's possibly got the son of Max-Rebo, Min-Rebo.
So for that alone I might check it out. :p
525675-s4.jpeg

525677-s7.jpeg
Give us that little Max Rebo looking freak before a Cassian figure and watch the community go into full meltdown :lol
As someone who really wants an Andor figure.
I'd be totally ok with Min-Rebo and his little hover-bike, usurping the spotlight.
He's clearly going to be the Chunk of the crew.
And if they have the SW analogues Sloth, even better.

Also if they want to re-visit the in Universe ET species as canon, this would be the place to do it.:lol
8z33f0.gif

Last edited:

This looks a lot more fun than dreary old Acolyte.

I'm getting the Goonies vibe now. The '80s angle is an interesting one. It really does look like the blending of Star Wars into an non-Star Wars 1980s movie. A bit like the Fallout videogame series being a futuristic world inspired by the 1950s.

Seeing the city also reminded me of the early EU, with real people living real lives in that galaxy.

Back