Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do find it ridiculous that the same guys that spent 9 hours trashing the prequel trilogy now say " it's not a big deal. everyone needs to move on. move on, just don't get mad. it's not that bad"
the NERVE for them to take the high ground now.... specially after they had no problem criticizing star trek stuff.

If someone has a very long preorder list of future Hot Toys Star Wars figures in the pipeline, or any other Big Mouse type merchandise, while also hating the direction of current Star Wars properties, then Kathleen Kennedy wins. Her assessment is that legacy fans will hate watch the series anyway, talk about it in public relentlessly and will still buy legacy related merchandise/figures anyway. Is she wrong?

Headland cares nothing about the Jedi lore. She's after Lucasfilm. Her goal was to troll the legacy fandom to become a household name to the Star Wars diehards. Did she accomplish that? I enjoyed The Acolyte for different reasons than the few that did. It's actually, to my assessment of it, pretty subversive to the themes and tone that many believe it's promoting ( and it's their right to believe that, everyone has a right to their own viewpoint) From an industry standpoint, Kennedy has always despised Lucas. LOTS of people around Stars Wars production actually quietly seethe at Lucas. No matter what is said in public, it's a "win" for someone like Headland who wants Lucasfilm for herself, to pay tribute to that. Take the most broken parts of ill fitting Lucas Jedi lore and just supercharging it. You cannot, if you are going to be fair about it, detach the most inciting parts of The Acolyte without acknowledging that Lucas left those huge gaping holes to exploit in the first place.

When someone like Headland and/or Kennedy is intentionally trolling you and attempting to incite you, the best course IMHO is to have no response. They are looking for a reaction. So give them none. If you vote with your wallet, but especially vote with your feet, that's when things actually start to change. The only real power you have in this life, in and out of fandom, and in and out of almost anything, is to cleanly walk away from someone or something. Try it sometime, it's honestly very liberating. Here's what I can say about the industry overall, there are tons of talented and skilled people here, but never expect things like actual grace, morality, gratitude, honesty, integrity or anything less than pure sadism. Sometimes it happens, but the higher up the food chain you go, the more those things are shed just to survive.

Cancel every last single Star Wars preorder you have. Or Kathleen Kennedy wins and then laughs and spits in your face. You are not a fan to her, you are a means to an end. It's not pleasant to hear as collectors. Or even as legacy fans. But it's how it works.

I enjoyed The Acolyte because it was actually very honest to what Lucas left behind, not because it was truly compelling. I was gone for over a decade, but people here have seen me post for a while now. I have no malice in saying that. There's no motive. There's no sidebar intention. It's just what I believe. I say it plain. I've already detached. Find other things you love more and spend your money there instead. That can be your version of detachment if you want it. If you choose it.

If Kathleen Kennedy wins, it's because you chose it that way. That's not a personal indictment of any of you. It's just how the real math breaks down here.

This just in!!

New food delivery system

BODEGALYTE!

Fastest and 💩 est food delivery in the Galaxy

‘Your food might get to you in under 12 parsecs…but a Gundar with no arms would hi-five you if you ate it!’

If someone has a very long preorder list of future Hot Toys Star Wars figures in the pipeline, or any other Big Mouse type merchandise, while also hating the direction of current Star Wars properties, then Kathleen Kennedy wins. Her assessment is that legacy fans will hate watch the series anyway, talk about it in public relentlessly and will still buy legacy related merchandise/figures anyway. Is she wrong?

Headland cares nothing about the Jedi lore. She's after Lucasfilm. Her goal was to troll the legacy fandom to become a household name to the Star Wars diehards. Did she accomplish that? I enjoyed The Acolyte for different reasons than the few that did. It's actually, to my assessment of it, pretty subversive to the themes and tone that many believe it's promoting ( and it's their right to believe that, everyone has a right to their own viewpoint) From an industry standpoint, Kennedy has always despised Lucas. LOTS of people around Stars Wars production actually quietly seethe at Lucas. No matter what is said in public, it's a "win" for someone like Headland who wants Lucasfilm for herself, to pay tribute to that. Take the most broken parts of ill fitting Lucas Jedi lore and just supercharging it. You cannot, if you are going to be fair about it, detach the most inciting parts of The Acolyte without acknowledging that Lucas left those huge gaping holes to exploit in the first place.

When someone like Headland and/or Kennedy is intentionally trolling you and attempting to incite you, the best course IMHO is to have no response. They are looking for a reaction. So give them none. If you vote with your wallet, but especially vote with your feet, that's when things actually start to change. The only real power you have in this life, in and out of fandom, and in and out of almost anything, is to cleanly walk away from someone or something. Try it sometime, it's honestly very liberating. Here's what I can say about the industry overall, there are tons of talented and skilled people here, but never expect things like actual grace, morality, gratitude, honesty, integrity or anything less than pure sadism. Sometimes it happens, but the higher up the food chain you go, the more those things are shed just to survive.

Cancel every last single Star Wars preorder you have. Or Kathleen Kennedy wins and then laughs and spits in your face. You are not a fan to her, you are a means to an end. It's not pleasant to hear as collectors. Or even as legacy fans. But it's how it works.

I enjoyed The Acolyte because it was actually very honest to what Lucas left behind, not because it was truly compelling. I was gone for over a decade, but people here have seen me post for a while now. I have no malice in saying that. There's no motive. There's no sidebar intention. It's just what I believe. I say it plain. I've already detached. Find other things you love more and spend your money there instead. That can be your version of detachment if you want it. If you choose it.

If Kathleen Kennedy wins, it's because you chose it that way. That's not a personal indictment of any of you. It's just how the real math breaks down here.

but then red letter media shouldn't have said anything about it. like you said. don't give it attention

"The news is not entirely surprising. The Acolyte did OK with critics (78% on Rotten Tomatoes) but divided Star Wars fans, which was reflected in its overall viewership."

Divided Star Wars fans? Yeah 85/15, right down the middle. :lol

Or did they mean divided between those who thought it was crap versus those who thought it was giant steaming crap?

predator-schwarzenegger.gif

I think Disney should just give up on Star Wars at this point, and sell the franchise at a loss to a company that would do a much better job. Of course they won't, but it's just something that they should do.

The box office sales have especially not worked out for them:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caroli...fice-profits-fail-to-cover-cost-of-lucasfilm/

That article and your point focuses only on the movies. As we all know SW main money maker is merchandise.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...-wars-marvel-profits-nelson-peltz-1235852695/

A comprehensive look shows Disney made 12 billion off of SW since it's purchase.

Even if they wanted to sell it wouldn't be at a loss.

Back