Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is coming from a place of naivety.

Why do ratings/ metrics — rotten tomatoes etc factor into so much with how people feel about a show?

I gave Acolyte a shot — watched both episodes and found out for myself the good, bad and ugly myself— will now not bother with the coming train wreck that will be episodes 3-8
For real. My wife is into all this witchy stuff and always has been, burns incense, collects magical rocks, tells me what the moon means and what gatorade were in or whatever but she’s absolutely appalled at this show.

:lol :lol :lecture

I’d let disney force me to watch BOBF Clockwork Orange style over sitting through another episode of this.

View attachment 707668
The eye drops are the ‘Disney Cool-Aide’. Just apply one drop and blamo… you become Disney+ Woke-ee

This is coming from a place of naivety.

Why do ratings/ metrics — rotten tomatoes etc factor into so much with how people feel about a show?

It makes people feel like part of a group. If you don't like a show, and can see that 65% of people don't like it too, then you feel like you belong.

jane-foster-nathalie-portman.gif

Watch at your own risk.... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

https://x.com/GWAPO42/status/1800731086361931792?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1800731086361931792|twgr^d6b825f8be9a7a5d85915037ec636badc0f08e91|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://embedly.forbes.com/widgets/media.html?type=text2Fhtmlkey=3ce26dc7e3454db5820ba084d28b4935schema=twitterurl=https3A//x.com/GWAPO42/status/1800731086361931792image=
The power of one.
The power of two.
The power of three, four, shut the door.

It makes people feel like part of a group. If you don't like a show, and can see that 65% of people don't like it too, then you feel like you belong.

No, it's just fun to see how low the ratings will go.

Like watching a Formua One race and wanting the fewest number of cars to finish, because the crashes are more fun than the intention of the race itself.

Ratings watching is strictly a spectator sport.

For real. My wife is into all this witchy stuff and always has been, burns incense, collects magical rocks, tells me what the moon means and what gatorade were in or whatever but she’s absolutely appalled at this show.

As someone who owns magical rocks and also usually knows what the moon phase is, I confess that Im feeling like this show makes fun of witches. I am seeing amazing things on FB, yes simply amazing - a substantial subset of fans think this show is The... Stuff, yeah that... and they are enjoying everyone elses disgust greatly. This show is Disney handing off the franchise to the younger generation, you see. Young people dont care what oldsters want! Take that old people!

*clears throat*

Comparing this to say, the OT is like comparing Bhad Bhabie to Luciano Pavarotti. The OT and the PT had a refreshing sort of childish charm to them. So does a lot of SW stuff. But now we are being trolled by Disney. Pass the Gatorade.

I half agree.

But instead of giving Acolyte a pass because Fett was emasculated and made into a big dodo….I’m just going to hate both.

There is room in our brains to hate both.

Acolyte need not be forgiven because of DoDo Fett.

And I'm jumping in on this one saying I'm half with you...

I've got tats. One of them on my left shoulder is the Bantha Skull symbol (not going to call it whatever the **** it's meant to be called today - same as the Slave 1, it's the ******* Slave 1) when I was about 25... a while ago. In a time when Boba Fett (aside from his lame death), was nothing more than an insanely mysterious, cool, only-one-to-stand-up-to-Vader, bastard.

Then George made him into a kid "Get him Dad. Fire!"

Then Mando, gave me faith again when he kicked the **** out of everything and took over Jabba's Palace (although his old-man gut disturbed me).

Then BOBF... let's just say to spent days trying to scrub off my tattoo with an angle grinder and all it did was make it as bad as the show was :(

Leslie reaaaaally wanted to show everyone how creative she could be with her version of The Force, but unfortunately she wasn't given a budget big enough to do so.... :monkey3

I had to read that twice because the first time I read it, I read it as "brain," not budget! :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine and I have a debate on a regular basis about critic vs audience scores, but shows like this throw me off.

Typically I rely on the audience. I don't care what the critics have to say, but negative review bombs for popular shows that haven't even been seen by the reviewers throw this off.

So, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but with all the hoopla I'm going to watch a few episodes.

A friend of mine and I have a debate on a regular basis about critic vs audience scores, but shows like this throw me off.

Typically I rely on the audience. I don't care what the critics have to say, but negative review bombs for popular shows that haven't even been seen by the reviewers throw this off.

So, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but with all the hoopla I'm going to watch a few episodes.

The IMDB ratings sank to a new low as well...

ta.jpg

ta2.jpg

disintegration-jawa.gif

Anyone want to actually, oh I don't know, talk about the plot?

We definitely did not get the full story of what happened in the coven. I think they only showed us the events from what Osha saw (from a certain point of view, if you will). I think this is the reason why we got this whole section as one episode rather than flashbacks throughout, although it did pretty much kill the momentum that episodes 1 and 2 built up.

Will be curious to know how the other Jedi are involved in the power core exploding. Also interesting to see how another sect of force users sees the Jedi. Episode did a good job conveying the unease and sense of mistrust between the two groups.

Do I care if the twins have two mothers? Not in the least. The way they were conceived is interesting. Was this a Sith's trial run at trying to influence the Force to create life? Or is the way they were born why the Sith are interested in at least one of the twins?

Back