Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps at long last the long arm of Disney has met its reach... and people are beginning to notice how much crap that darling company is producing.

And I'm sure the park people are tired of paying for it.
I wonder how long before they memory hole this whole series like they did with Willow.

The Vault!
"We've got top men working to fix The Acolyte now."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."

I took it as they consider themselves neither good nor bad... so force neutral, I guess? :dunno
Yeah I took it as they are neutral.
Used the force to "create" life. That got split into twins- one dark one light.
Spliting the force into two sides, which if it's what I'm understanding actually isn't a bad concept, and plays into the birth off the Sith, and Palpatine later being able to exploit this "unnatural" ability to "create" life".
So eventually someone has to come and bring balance again, was supposed to be Anakin at first, he fails but then with Luke he succeeds (bringing about the ROTJ).
Yet Disney Luke goes on to become a complete piece of crap coward and failure, and Palpatine returns, so I guess its really now Rey who does it, and WhateverTF the Dyad is?
So besides portraying the Jedi completely out of character, Disney have also pretty much now bridged their stories, the beginning Priestesses to the end Rey, rending the OT characters and story arc, meaningless. :lol

Last edited:
It's the Lucas' OT that will go in the Disney vault, and their Priestesses to Rey "thread" story arc, that will represent Disney Star Wars going forward.
Yeah, I can see them restructuring the whole Saga so that for umpteen millenia it's all about the space lesbians, then a short blip for a couple generations where the male led Jedi and Sith temporarily throw things out of whack with their wars until finally Rey restores the space lesbians to their proper place forevermore.

I think if there's one thing that annoys me the most, how do these writers, directors and producers keep getting hired for these Star Wars projects?
With The Acolyte, BoBF, and even some episodes of Mando, I don't think these folks could care less about the SW universe or any of it's history. I honestly doubt Headland has never seen any of George's SW movies, and I'd bet money she definitely never read any of the novels. The only thing she cared about was the payday when she was writing this lazy crap.
I suppose the payday's are the only thing any of them care about anymore. None of them seem to realize (or care) how much SW meant for those of us that grew up with it.
While I don't think Acolyte will ever be revelavent enough (or taken seriously enough) to actually change any of it's original lore, it is sad to see such an amazing universe that George created turn into something with this much lazy writing and idiotic ideas.
I wish they would hire some the writers from the earlier novels to create something new - with George's input of course.

19% and dropping like a stone.

They will shield Headland with a trilogy.
Hopefully Rian Johnson will bring her onboard to co-write his and help ensure that it never sees the light of day - not that there's any real chance of that happening anyway lol...

I don't think Headland will have a SW future after this debacle. Well, maybe as a Gamorrean...

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 16-15-16 Star Wars TV boss says her queerness will be reflected in ne...png

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 16-12-29 Gamorean.webp (WEBP Image 720 × 960 pixels) — Scaled (55%).png

:chase

I don't think it's appropriate to associate this with the OT in any way. How about this instead?

View attachment 707761

Ugh, thanks for the trip down memory lane Buff :p . Those bikers will always be dreadful, but man...this clip really reminds me of how much I loathe that Majordomo guy.

Despite all the media roil regarding in the Acolyte, I'm not against the show making a religious indoctrination allegory with the Jedi. For an order that had been going for thousands of years, they sure did make some major goofs with their recruitment efforts towards the end.

Back