Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the first 2 episodes drop tomorrow for the Acolyte. They are very slow and uneventful. But, next week when episode 3 airs....

View attachment 705887

Alan Ing is part of Film Threat. He was given the first 4 episodes and watched them, but the usual NDA applied. This is what he had to say. If you want to see him try to talk about it the best he can, here's a clip video..

He said Film Threat's own video with Chris Gore will be up tomorrow morning..

Some other things/rumors floating around is it has something to do with Yoda..

I predict lots of action in this thread... :lol

"Final nail in the coffin" eh?
Well now I'm excited! I can't wait to see how they managed to turn SW into an even bigger ****-show! 🥳

Honestly I'm excited for the Acolyte, it looks like fun. There's some twists that some people might see and expect but with millions of people analyzing things it's hard to make a true twist. What I've seen looks fun and cool, I'm looking forward to how things fold out.

:lol

Comments poke fun at that, he's gay, or Yoda is actually female...

At least we know they can't kill him off, just emasculate him.
They're turning the yodas gay?!

9b901.jpg

"Final nail in the coffin" eh?
Well now I'm excited! I can't wait to see how they managed to turn SW into an even bigger ****-show! 🥳
Weeeellll....according to one Y-tuber/tubers, they had a theory that based on something I haven't read and/or the Mortis Gods arc; a case was made for the Force literally being female (by the Y-tubers).

I'm as much into mythology and folklore as anyone who isn't an academic, so blah blah the ancient feminine life force represented by the ocean/feminine/Persephone etc. BUT.

The mystique of SW which Lucas messed up himself was the Force was life itself, created and binding us. It doesn't have a gender. Nobody wanted to know more than that, ever.

So if the showrunner & co. goes down that road, for me it'll be colossal hubris as well as just lame and weird. Or some weird *&^% where the Force is like, male and female. Then there's another possibility of messing with Yoda. :yuck

Anyway I'm prepared to ignore anything that bad as the worst sort of fan fiction. It wouldn't be the first time Disney literally had to bury a show (Willow 2).

Weeeellll....according to one Y-tuber/tubers, they had a theory that based on something I haven't read and/or the Mortis Gods arc; a case was made for the Force literally being female (by the Y-tubers).

I'm as much into mythology and folklore as anyone who isn't an academic, so blah blah the ancient feminine life force represented by the ocean/feminine/Persephone etc. BUT.

The mystique of SW which Lucas messed up himself was the Force was life itself, created and binding us. It doesn't have a gender. Nobody wanted to know more than that, ever.

So if the showrunner & co. goes down that road, for me it'll be colossal hubris as well as just lame and weird. Or some weird *&^% where the Force is like, male and female. Then there's another possibility of messing with Yoda. :yuck

Anyway I'm prepared to ignore anything that bad as the worst sort of fan fiction. It wouldn't be the first time Disney literally had to bury a show (Willow 2).
Are you referring to ENDYMION's video from this morning? If so I agree with you 100% ...

Filoni already ruined the force with the Mortis gods stuff so all this show can do is beat a dead horse.

A full reset of star wars is needed, and this show, if it turns out as bad for the franchise as some ytubers suggest, could expedite that.

Are you referring to ENDYMION's video from this morning? If so I agree with you 100% ...
I'd have to pick through to find it again. But it was a thoughtful analysis/guess/possibility.

That's what was horrifying. Based on a story where the Mortis gods apparently spend time recapturing some female who did something forbidden. Etc.

IMO creators of "expanding the SW universe" really need to remember their "expansion" wouldn't exist without the world - and its rules - set down by the person who created it. That's a problem with fan fiction. It's basic creative writing; that a created universe has its own set of rules/reality. Start jettisoning that, and they might as well mash this show up with the latest Dr. Who. Maybe that will happen, at this rate. :eek:

A full reset of star wars is needed, and this show, if it turns out as bad for the franchise as some ytubers suggest, could expedite that.

Except for Andor😁. And the faint possibility Favreau has had some time to think about his show that started with so much promise. Like, Lucas heeded criticisms and Episode 3 was better for it. Watched some interviews with Hedland and IMO she's hopeless. She should have done a documentary on her pet issues, not have been put in charge of a series.

Last edited:
I'll give this one a go once all episodes are out and available. The previews didn't grab me but I'll see for myself here in a few weeks...

The first four episodes discussed...

(The live is still running. Episode 3 is the controversial one: "Worse than Midichlorians.")

P.S. The video title is ironic!

The first four episodes discussed...

(The live is still running. Episode 3 is the controversial one: "Worse than Midichlorians.")

P.S. The video title is ironic!
I'm really looking forward to my next SW purchase.

That would be Sideshow's release of the Obi-Wan statue. 😁

So when is Andor coming out again? Sounds like I have to wait for a SW fix *patience* while watching the fires burn.
Movie Reaction GIF by Biznek

I don't agree a woman can't make good SW. But - good point about the tech. To the trailers don't feel SW. Maybe that's part of it. Not having day-to-day realism, grit, machines, dirt.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to my next SW purchase.

That would be Sideshow's release of the Obi-Wan statue. 😁

So when is Andor coming out again? Sounds like I have to wait for a SW fix *patience* while watching the fires burn.
Movie Reaction GIF by Biznek

Alan Ng summing up Episode 3: "This was it for me. This was where Star Wars died for me, once and for all...This is the last thing I bought [holds up a carded Hasbro Reba and laughs]."

Alan Ng summing up Episode 3: "This was it for me. This was where Star Wars died for me, once and for all...This is the last thing I bought [holds up a carded Hasbro Reba and laughs]."
I really hope the show is better than they make it out to be but by the sounds of things it will be exactly what the nay-sayers have been saying it is.

This thread might become the best thing about the show, much the BOBF thread.

Judging by the reviews so far that I've seen, it seems like it'll be pretty middle of the road. I'll probably wait till all the episodes are out to watch it. I do wonder what will happen to Star Wars in the next few years. Disney still hasn't made a profit from it. I wonder if they'll end up selling the rights or just stop making new projects altogether? They've supposedly lost upwards of 3 billion dollars. I know they've got a few film projects planned but who knows if those will ever actually release. Lucasfilm needs some serious restructuring.
Andor S2 might be the last great SW project for a long time.

Last edited:
Back