Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has been filled with people complaining for the majority of the pages about how woke the show is without even having seen it. Again a lot of people had it in their minds that they were going to hate it no matter what.

So, Jye hates it, the other 2 folk said they enjoyed it. 1:2

Hiw will it fare in the end? I might try watching tomorrow to see which side I fall on. I assume ir won't be as bad as the negative reviews claim but prob not good either based on all I have seen so far. Curious to know what happens in ep3 that is so bad. I will try to avoid spoilrs for now though

This thread has been filled with people complaining for the majority of the pages about how woke the show is without even having seen it. Again a lot of people had it in their minds that they were going to hate it no matter what.
They were complaining based on what was shown in trailers, stills, interviews etc. Sure, you can't properly review a show without watching it but you can have an opinion on what has been shown and said by the creators/cast etc (same as how you can be excited for an upcoming show and assume it will be awesome because you love the trailer). That the show is somewhat woke prob is certain, the question is whether that is a good thing or not, which depends on how well it is implemented and your world view

I enjoyed both episodes 🤷‍♂️

Feels very in line with the prequels. Sol is definitely the rogue Qui-Gon type Jedi truly in tune with the Force with the rest of the Jedi syncing up with the full of themselves self righteousness the prequel Jedi were guilty of. There was a solid plan to gather evidence in episode 2 rather than the typical poorly thought out plan we’ve seen before. It’s no Andor but it’s enjoyable so far. The mystery of what happened is intriguing.

Ewwww, a fat slovenly Jedi padawan and a very ugly street urchin kid. I hate it.

stare-jack-nicholson.gif

I liked, the jedi are amazing. Some fascinating unexplored use of the force and fights. Bold death and makes me want to know more. Droids, ships and creatures don't disappoint. The Jedi temple takes my breath every time it popped on screen. Very decent start, I had the pleasure to watch with my family.

I think there is plenty to like and enjoy and plenty to pick apart and hate. If you want to hate it, you’re probably going to hate it. If you’re wanting to like it, you’ll probably like it. I think people are going to get out of this what they want, good or bad. With it so far removed from the timeline of the main stories there isn’t really anything to worry about if it’s bad. Easily forgotten. I’m enjoy the ride so far and willing to see it through. If we get some cool toys out it, great. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka have given us some great things out of Hot Toys like battle damaged Vader and Thrawn so if nothing else maybe we’ll get something cool to play with from this too.

I can't imagine what happens in episode 3 to get all the youtubers' knickers all twisted.

Paraphrasing Chris Gore from the Film Threat live video:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Alan Ng:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back