Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I think it's pretty amazing that after 35 years other than that one dubious Gary Kurtz interview we literally have no idea what Lucas has ever planned for a third trilogy.

We know from that 1983 Mark Hamill interview that AFTER Return of the Jedi George approached him about appearing in a sequel trilogy when he was much older but we still don't know what that would entail. A couple years after SW we knew that the PT would be about the Clone Wars and Anakin getting burned after dueling Obi-Wan. But the Sequel Trilogy? Still nothing after all these years. Crazy.

Part of the reason is there are no real solid ideas in George's head. He wrote a draft that was too long to be made into a movie, so he "broke it up" into several trilogies. But if you've read those early screenplays, that's a load of crap. Anakin and Darth Vader were never one and the same. That idea MIGHT have been in mind during the making of ANH, but honestly who knows. That could have easily been retconned in ESB and RotJ just as Leia being Luke's twin sister seems all but likely was. :dunno

Maybe it'll be about the Kaiburr Crystal. Because we haven't had that idea reused several times in the EU before... Oh... Wait....

i just had this vision of Chewbacca greying... i just don't need to see that.

so Arndt it is..

https://starwars.com/news/michael-arndt-to-write-screenplay-for-star-wars-episode-vii.html

MICHAEL ARNDT TO WRITE SCREENPLAY FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
November 09, 2012
As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).

For more news about Star Wars: Episode VII -- slated for a 2015 release -- keep checking StarWars.com.

I think his involvement can only be good for SW.

i just had this vision of Chewbacca greying... i just don't need to see that.

11-death-of-chewbacca.jpg

they.
Hit.
Him.
With.
A.
MOON.

And by 203 they need hoverchairs by default. Sudden Rapid Ageing. Like Yoda.

Frank marshal also calls a star destroyer the "mother ship" smh.... I don't know, I kinda like the idea of a vader return. Disney would kind of be nuts not to market vader.

Feeding his return into the storyline could be anything from ghost vader to cloned vader. For 30 years certain people could of been trying and failing to clone vader from DNA obtained by palpatine from as far back as suiting vader up in rots. But it wouldn't be DNA. It would be what vader has a count of that is higher than master yoda. You do the math.

Anything is possible. But without James earl jones I just can't see it working. And I mean come on, how many more years can he voice vader for ?

Force unleashed voice vader is good for the game. But even he can't nail it and I would cringe at the thought of it in any of the movies.

And before anyone jumps in with if he is cloned he should come back as Anakin, well NO. That's the problem they have when cloning him. All the damage done seemed to be passed on to all attempts at cloning him. hence the vader suit...

But the real reason is marketing. I mean dude is Darth Vader for sasha grey sakes.... If you had the power to bring back the greatest villain of all time and market the bageeberz out of him. Would you ?

Some ppl will say no. Let vader rest as was done in rotj... I say, if done right. Bring it on!! My kid loves vader and his theme from John Williams and I do too...............

I'm just waiting for Michael Clarke Duncan to put his hand up once our beloved JEJ bows out.. :lol :monkey1

Michael Clarke Duncan passed away this year... I think that's what he meant...

?

Back