Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one looks better?

GASryaw.png
To be honest, I love both (really like the context of X-Wings skimming a lake in the second) but of course the first wins, hands down. Love how the red pops in that photo, and you have to give the edge to the timeless original.

I like both, I like the more streamlined 2015 but original is timeless.

As it was already stated, the original is timeless.

The 2015 X-Wing version is streamlined and looks cool.

I like both but the original will always be my favorite.

To be honest, I love both (really like the context of X-Wings skimming a lake in the second) but of course the first wins, hands down. Love how the red pops in that photo, and you have to give the edge to the timeless original.

Divide by two, carry the one. Dammit, I hate advanced mathematics.

colbert-calculator.gif

OK, I have three instances of "timeless original." Do I hear four? Four? Can I get four?

I have no obligations to the original art of any entertainment... Movies, comics, TV, music. To say the original X-wings look better is a lie. Hahahaha

I much prefer the beautiful cgi offered in the newer scene as compared to the OT a bunch of toys flying around a dark room...

How do you guys think the movie will open? Just a black screen with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" and then JW's score over the opening scroll? I think I'd rather have that then them lead off with Disney or Bad Robot or whatever.

I have no obligations to the original art of any entertainment... Movies, comics, TV, music. To say the original X-wings look better is a lie. Hahahaha

I much prefer the beautiful cgi offered in the newer scene as compared to the OT a bunch of toys flying around a dark room...

post-31731-Rudy-Misfits-gif-disgusted-Img-QceB.gif

How do you guys think the movie will open? Just a black screen with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" and then JW's score over the opening scroll? I think I'd rather have that then them lead off with Disney or Bad Robot or whatever.

I don't think there is any other way a SW movie can open. If Disney changed it I think it would be a massive strike 1.

I don't think there is any other way a SW movie can open. If Disney changed it I think it would be a massive strike 1.

My point (in case it was unclear) was picturing how the movie would open without the Fox logo and fanfare music. I feel like you can't just replace Fox with another company logo, you'd have to instead do an abridged opening that would start when the Fox fanfare would normally have gone quiet and the screen would've gone dark. Disney can just do it that way and not have beginning be too jarringly different.

I heartily agree with you, sir.

I have thought a lot about the opening and how it will be missed not having the Fox fanfare playing in front of a Star Wars movie. I am so accustomed to it I expect to hear the Star Wars theme immediately after anytime I hear the Fox fanfare. I hope the opening just begins with "A long time ago..." to have the Disney logo or Bad Robot logo would seem to jarring and not Star Wars. Besides, Disney will probably try and create a new opening that will be used in all future SW films. Bad Robot will not be involved (I don't think) past The Force Awakens.

Didn't like the rehash trailer. Going from Falcon to Boyega felt badly done, and by putting the falcon first it really messed up the flow and left the ending without much of a punch.

I get what they are going for, but it didnt really work in my eyes. Or, at least it didn't work better than the original trailer

it felt more iconic to see the scenes being closer to each other and in that order. well it did for me. The falcon at the end was a really cool surprise in the original trailer
but knowing that already it does fit better with the stormtrooper right after it

the music fits better. and that voice over was glorious :lol :clap

That's created by someone looking backwards, who knows nothing of the substance of the actual movie. Bleh.

Back