Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

I like the original better, however the Donner cut was interesting and better quality than DVD since its Blu-ray HD. I did not like the reversing time ending as that ruins that version completely. If Superman reversed time, why do those people in the bar at the end even recognize him? Sloppy in my opinion to end it that way.. The Super Kiss is silly but makes more sense than that..

I liked the Donner Cut better in almost every respect ... except he should've cut the Clark returning to the bar sequence. Superman doesn't take out vengeance on nobodys.

SnakeDoc

I liked the Donner Cut better in almost every respect ... except he should've cut the Clark returning to the bar sequence. Superman doesn't take out vengeance on nobodys.

SnakeDoc

If Superman did turn back time, the bar sequence is out of place since it would have never happened the way it did before. The guy in the bar would never have met Clark or Lois.. The Donner Cut is nice, but I prefer a mixture between the original Lester cut and some of the Donner cut.. I like the comedy aspects of Superman II that Lester filmed..

I like the original better, however the Donner cut was interesting and better quality than DVD since its Blu-ray HD. I did not like the reversing time ending as that ruins that version completely. If Superman reversed time, why do those people in the bar at the end even recognize him? Sloppy in my opinion to end it that way.. The Super Kiss is silly but makes more sense than that..

I agree with you on this.

Actually liked the Donner cut better. Much closer to the original vision but unfortunately Donner got fired before he and his collaborators can figure out an ending. what might have been...

The main thing I like about the Donner cut is the Brando scenes. The way Jor El looks up at Lois after Superman gives up his powers is classic.

The main thing I like about the Donner cut is the Brando scenes. The way Jor El looks up at Lois after Superman gives up his powers is classic.

Oh Yeah! That was so cool. That look just carried volumes.

Does anyone know where I can get Zod? Seems to have vanished and I need another one.

Does anyone know where I an find these figures at? Seeing as how they were by Mattel I figured ToysRUs but no. I'd like to get my hands on a Zod if possible.

Pretty sure they were only online via Mattycollector's site. Now, your best bet is eBay, because I don't see Matty doing a second run of these.

Thanks. One just went for $55 so I'll hold off on doing a $100 BIN.

If anyone in the UK has one they're looking to unload, let me know.

who was it that modded their Zod to look more the like the movie Zod with the new boots and the black instead of red on the clothes?

i've seen a Zod still available although it's in Singapore's Chinatown.. just 2 days ago. was collecting dust actually..

i've seen a Zod still available although it's in Singapore's Chinatown.. just 2 days ago. was collecting dust actually..

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but I'm in the UK!

It's annoying that I need one just as the price spikes - in a few months I'm sure these will be a load cheaper.

They do seem to be going up in price...

What I want to know is where has the Superman dissapeared to???
Last line from Mattel was he was being revised but is not listed on any of the upcoming sale dates...

What I find annoying is the shape of the head -the hair needs slightly more volume, as it is the head is eggshaped.

They do seem to be going up in price...

What I want to know is where has the Superman dissapeared to???
Last line from Mattel was he was being revised but is not listed on any of the upcoming sale dates...
Mattel said that Superman was being reworked and pushed back to Fall 2010 during their Toy Fair presentation.

Use a sharpie marker on the red trim to blacken it. The best part is, the marker has a SLIGHT reddish tint of its own, which makes it screen accurate.

Back