Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

He's reviewed over on MWCToys... really just can't get past that terrible looking outfit. I would love a Zod and Superman, but I don't think these will be the ones.

Just checked out the review. Gosh, the outfit and paint is just horrible. And there is no depth at all to the sculpt! If I'm not mistaken the beard is merely painted on. Come on Matty, I have 4 inch star wars figures with more detail.

Mine has shipped as well. I think the figure looks really good. A bit overpriced, yes. I think he works, though. A nice repaint will do wonders I'm sure.

From Mr. Stinkhead at Millionaire Playboy...

1:6 Scale General Zod visits 1:1 Scale White House

"I see you are practiced in worshiping things that fly. Good." :D

Those are funny. Thanks for posting.

I received my General Zod and while I really do like the figure, the red trim and boots was bothering me. (Don't bother telling me that it was really red in the movie - I have seen the screenshots and heard the arguements for and against.) In my eyes, General Zod needed a fix!

I took a sharpie marker and colored along the white edge of the trim to make it black. I then colored over the trim itself with the black marker (I would recommend using a blunt tipped marker for maximum coverage) and the results were incredible!

The trim and boots still have that iridescent shiny look from the movies, but now it is more of a reddish black instead of just red. And once the marker dries, it is permanent (but I am being safe and not setting him next to Jor-el and his all white suit.) It really made a difference and looks MUCH more screen accurate. I wish I could show you a picture, but I don't have a digital camera at the moment.

come son of Jor-El kneel before Zod

HPIM0831.jpg

HPIM0832.jpg

HPIM0833.jpg

HPIM0834.jpg

You got to admit this is cool

This is really cool! :D

Anyone knows when they will sell Supes? Back at comic con it said "winter" but M Crawford said it wouldn' be before April or June acoording to him... Anyone knows somthing more precise?

Seeing more pics of Zod, he actually looks pretty good except for the red trim. Wouldn't pay $60 for him, but he looks good.

Seeing more pics of Zod, he actually looks pretty good except for the red trim. Wouldn't pay $60 for him, but he looks good.

using the Jedi mind trick.......you will pay $60 :chew

He's really worth $60, the body isn't that bad, my only complaint was that his feet were packaged backwards, lol and that his pants bunched up on top of his boots, but lerath fixed that 4 me.

Can anyone post a pic of Zod minus his clothing? I am interested in seeing what the body looks like to get an idea for what I can expect when I get the Superman.

Ordered Zod. Impressed with what I've seen and can't wait for Superman. Do hope they make some alterations from what was shown at NYC.

Anyone know when the Reeve one is due?

Has anybody in the UK recieved their Zod yet?
Ordered mine on day of release and no show as yet....

I was just reading that old 'Making of Superman book' and he clearly states that Zod's outfit had 'maroon' trim. Doesn't mean it looks better red than black (it doesn't) or that any red was visible on screen, but it does show its accurate. Shame.

Back