Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

I'm still trying to figure out where Mattel's head is at with this project. I was all set to run with the Giants of Justice line when suddenly Mattel pulls these but ugly things out of no where. I got a bad feeling that mattel is about to learn just how stiff the 1/6 competition can be. DCD, Enterbay, Sideshow, Medicom, and of course Hot Toys make this thing look like a bad puppet show.

you have to admit though, the reeves head and cape look pretty good.

I guess I'll just go for DC Direct's 13" Kingdom Come Superman while I wait for Hot Toys to make a definitive Reeves Superman. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the petition for an HT Reeves Supes which I signed a year ago?

DCD, Enterbay, Sideshow, Medicom, and of course Hot Toys make this thing look like a bad puppet show.

and at only 2-5 times the price.

you have to admit though, the reeves head and cape look pretty good.

all the more reason to get the rest of it right. I have no intention of validating this monstrosity to my beloved Chris Reeves. Either do it right..........OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!!

Yeah, it isn't like the Ghostbusters, where you've got, at the very least, an awesome proton pack and trap. Here you're basically buying for the head and clothing, and if neither of those are very good, will people be willing to pay $50-60 for these? I can't see it.

$30-40 might be a bit more reasonable, but seeing as how Matty charges $20 for the 6-7 inchers, I don't see that happening.

Totally agree. If it's not done well, there's no point in getting this.

Even if you think it's half-decent an attempt at a character you've been wanting for years? Sure, I would pay 150 bucks for a Hot Toys Zod in a heartbeat, but if the Mattel is going to be the only option for a while, there certainly isn't anything that wrong with it if it's priced under 60.

Even if you think it's half-decent an attempt at a character you've been wanting for years? Sure, I would pay 150 bucks for a Hot Toys Zod in a heartbeat, but if the Mattel is going to be the only option for a while, there certainly isn't anything that wrong with it if it's priced under 60.

$25 would be a good price, but like someone else said, the 6 inchers are $20 so :banghead

all the more reason to get the rest of it right. I have no intention of validating this monstrosity to my beloved Chris Reeves. Either do it right..........OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!!
:lol Ouch, vicious aren't we. But in all seriousness I see your point. After
seeing all the wonders that Hot Toys has done, I can't see Mattel matching them, period.
I too would rather wait for Hot Toys to tackle a CR Superman.

It's sure not going to be under $60 my friend. It will be at least $60 plus shipping. If the costume looks fine I may pick it up for a custom, but I'm sure the body will probably be the same base buck body that the Ghostbusters and Zod have. They need to have a beefier body for Superman.

I don't even really like Superman, but the more I look at the pics of the Reeves, the more I want it. Some aspects look really interesting such as the head, cape, and hands

ZODHAMMERTIME.jpg

I don't even really like Superman, but the more I look at the pics of the Reeves, the more I want it. Some aspects look really interesting such as the head, cape, and hands

Where are the pics? I haven't seen any pics of this guy yets. Please post some or the link.

Back