Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Zod is comin' up pretty soon; Here's the latest from everyone's (*cough cough*) favorite faceless spokesmascot, Matty...

In other DC news, we just got in the first test shots of 12" Zod! Boy is he fantastic! We want to make a few small changes before showing to the public, but if you’ve seen our 12" Ghostbuster figures, you’ll know the quality to expect. Zod will use the same basic body and packaging structure, but of course he will have all the details and accessories custom for him including an extra set of hands, Earth weapons for him to bend and melt with heatvision, as well as a stand for the pack out Oval Office setting! Overall an incredible figure is coming Dec 15th!

The stand and Oval Office setting sound promising enough, but the statements in blue seem to contradict one another. Still, I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to see the final results.

Yeah, I think we all know what to expect in terms of body... but the proto shown before looked pretty good. Hopefully the Superman has undergone major revisions as it looked pretty assy.

To botch up the first Reeve Superman figure in decades would be tragic. They really ned to get that one right like no other.

I want this Zod figure but Matty should correct its shipping policy. Don't declare products at $40 over its actual price.

I hope they do hit all retailers. If they fix the Reeves body like everyone wants them to I will definitely buy one.

Depending on how good the tailoring is, I might get an HT rubber body like the one with Krauser and just transplant the head and clothes on that.

Depending on how good the tailoring is, I might get an HT rubber body like the one with Krauser and just transplant the head and clothes on that.

Amen, to that! Here's hoping!

The bblue is a little too dark.

The boots seem really high but that may just be the odd proportions of the Matty body. Cape is definitely too short too judging by the pics from SDCC.

Well i dont know about the blue, but the boots are definitely too high

I was talking about Zod's colors.

IMG_2463.JPG

But yea, Supes needs to be tweaked as well.

Zod's outfit would look great on a Truetype, but the head looks a bit to cartoony for me. Hopefully, the Reeve head doesn't have that cartoon-ish a look. If the Supes costume looks good, I can use it for some customs.

That outfit's probably from the deleted sequence of Zod at home entertaining his artist friends.

Is Mattel known to improve their final products from their prototypes? Or is that exactly the Reeve Superman that we're gonna get?

It's a little known fact that General Zod was one of the backing dancers on MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This!" video.

I am wondering if Mattel will beef up superman. Also if the head will look as good on the final product.

I'm still trying to figure out where Mattel's head is at with this project. I was all set to run with the Giants of Justice line when suddenly Mattel pulls these but ugly things out of no where. I got a bad feeling that mattel is about to learn just how stiff the 1/6 competition can be. DCD, Enterbay, Sideshow, Medicom, and of course Hot Toys make this thing look like a bad puppet show.

Back