Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from the local TF where theres a Tamashii Nation rep, and she said that R2 will be available on 2014. And that they are currently working on another SW character which they cant disclose yet. I really do hope its Vader :panic:

She did mention that they will be doing robotic characters for the chogokin line. ( i think humans, aliens etc are out) so id imagine the next character would be vader. At least i hope so.
Man, that's fantastic news. Thanks, Hydeous. That's a relief about R2 but I never imagined that they would go beyond the iconic duo. Vader would an incredible choice, if that's what happens (would much prefer Tamashii's quality on that rather than a character like 4-LOM).

Just got back from the local TF where theres a Tamashii Nation repair , and she said that R2 will be available on 2014. And that they are currently working on another SW character which they cant disclose yet. I really do hope its Vader :panic:

Awesome news about R2 for 2 reasons. Firstly, it indicates that the R2 we've seen is a very early proto. Hopefully they production will show the same level of improvement we saw with 3PO. Secondly it will give me chance to save the funds!!!

As for the other character.... R5-D4???

Why do people think Vader's a contender? :lol

They're making die cast figures - so of course droids are the obvious guess.

..& I'd LOVE to see them make more ANH droids for sure! :yess:

I don't see either why one would expect a non droïd offer in that Chogokin line. Sideshow offered HT a try at a human character taking their ability to realise human faces into account and proposed a partnership to Bandaï in an area they are clearly ahead of everyone: Robots/Droïds.

2014? :( I was hoping to have R2 preordered this summer!

And if they're going to start working on another droid after they've finished with R2... and they can't talk about it... I'm guessing it may even be a droid in the new upcoming movies.

I really don't see a TC-14 or even a gonk droïd. It's already tough to swallow a $400 C-3PO, i can't see many fans splash that amount of cash on background characters. 4-LOM is already a stretch at that pricepoint.

I'm an OT snob, so zero interest in the prequel characters. I'd expect a third character to be as iconic as the droids and most likely armoured... Stormtrooper?

I'm an OT snob, so zero interest in the prequel characters. I'd expect a third character to be as iconic as the droids and most likely armoured... Stormtrooper?

:exactly::goodpost:

Would like to see a Grievous but no interest personally unless its from the OT

Alright, alright, so it probably won't be Vader. Cranks! :pfft: I was just kind of hoping as I suspect SSC's to be riddled with flaws and the character deserves perfection.

Sticking just to droids, I'd actually like an R5-D4 and would pay the premium but not sure it's iconic enough. Maybe some here are right and SSC's passed Grievous onto Tamashii. As stated, it would make sense to make him out of metal, given the thin arms and how much trouble SSC's no doubt had with the fragility of the prototype.

Dunno though... While I'm sure it would look brilliant and I love Grievous' design, I don't care for the PT or how Grievous was written. I'd be tempted by the character design and quality but in the end, not sure if that'd be enough to squeeze four or five hundred out of my wallet.

Whatever we get as the third character, i like the way things are shaping up in the 12" line.
Sideshow seeking help from other companies to make their Star Wars offering as good as humanly possible is a really smart move. They could even be slowing down their in house production releases to make room for those joint venture creations.
No need to alienate their customer base putting to much stuff on the market when they do expect HT Luke and Tamashii C-3PO to sell as well.

Back