Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I mentioned before, don't just put in the amount on a currency exchange site and expect that's what you'll be charged. It's charged in Yen and converted into U.S., Aussie or whatever your currency is, so your CC company will charge a fee for that (1-5%) and also the CC company's rate will not be the same as the mid-market rate quoted on a currency exchange site. I would add $15-20 over what the amount that comes up on the exchange site. $345 may be closer to $360-365.
Yeah - cheers man, noted. :wink1: :duff

I realize it's a rough guide - but even adding $20 is still an excellent price, so I'm more than pleased with that. :cool:

Had to do a quick video review on this figure! Just awesome all around! Never thought I'd like 3PO so much, but I love it!

[ame]https://youtu.be/bIOPAOlEqWo[/ame]

I just picked mine up from the post office, and raced home like an excited Charlie Bucket, singing 'i've got a golden... Droid'.
Open him up, and wow, stunning, beautiful... BROKEN, NOOOOO!!!

2013-03-09%2012.56.32.jpg

you can see the problem with the inner arm piston, but the outer one is a bit tougher to see. The silver rod that should travel in and out is stuck, so he can't straighten his arm fully. I'm Gutted:(

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.

Last edited:
Had to do a quick video review on this figure! Just awesome all around! Never thought I'd like 3PO so much, but I love it!

https://youtu.be/bIOPAOlEqWo

Dude, emarae, a rolodex? :lol

Really though, nice review! I can't wait.

It's funny how just a couple weeks ago I went from having almost nothing on PO and really wondering what I'd be adding to my SW 1/6th collection this year to possibly getting (I'm hoping R2 ships in 2013!) two of my most wanted figures. Very excited!! Though I have to say, Chewbacca is now needed more than ever.

Dude, emarae, a rolodex? :lol

Really though, nice review! I can't wait.

It's funny how just a couple weeks ago I went from having almost nothing on PO and really wondering what I'd be adding to my SW 1/6th collection this year to possibly getting (I'm hoping R2 ships in 2013!) two of my most wanted figures. Very excited!! Though I have to say, Chewbacca is now needed more than ever.

Oh man! I knew someone would notice that dinosaur! It's my wife's and I have no idea if she still needs the info in there, but I should do her a favor one day and update all that info for her as a gift! Oh man! LOL! I know what you mean about laying low, then all of a sudden having so much come in and feeling broke again! I didn't think I would pick up this 3PO, but it's really awesome and a must have for any 1/6 Star Wars collection. Looking forward to R2 someday and a nice 1/6 Chewie would be awesome to have!

I would much rather have gone with Master Luke than stay here with you. I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault.

681_487553737971543_1104526055_n_zps9e73dd35.jpg

598668_487554307971486_201533988_n_zps9a652ecb.jpg

600176_487553951304855_270000473_n_zps3472a922.jpg

537734_487553821304868_2135061670_n_zpsd19f8069.jpg

1735_487553221304928_1783691869_n_zps91fed342.jpg

485070_487553684638215_622333125_n_zpsaa4bfcee.jpg

you can see the problem with the inner arm piston, but the outer one is a bit tougher to see. The silver rod that should travel in and out is stuck, so he can't straighten his arm fully. I'm Gutted:(

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.

:( That is just no good. I hope you get this all sorted. Hopefully amiami keep a few examples in reserve and you can get a straight replacement.

Hey guys, I have not bought from sideshow in ages.. can you use rewards points on threepio? Would they still let you do a payment plan thing with the 4 payments? Just curious of some of that, since I don't know what the heck i'm doing on their site now.. It's changed a bit since the last time I actually bought direct from them..

Pretty sure you don't get penalized for combining flex and points. I used points, but did not flex.

My condolences to those with damaged droids. Very frustrating. I hope you are made whole. It is worth the hassle to get one that is 100% defect free imo. Look at the expense here. You'll kick yourself forever if you leave it how it is.

I just picked mine up from the post office, and raced home like an excited Charlie Bucket, singing 'i've got a golden... Droid'.

The damage actually doesn't look too bad. For the inner arm piston, it looks like the pieces should come together, slot into one another and interlock. With a tiny bit of glue it should stay. For the outer piston, the upper part of the piston that travels on the channel along his tricep should give you enough mobility so even though the actual piston is stuck, it should not hinder his elbow movement. The way you have his arm bent in the picture is about as straight as the arm can go anyway, regardless of the pistons. And I actually think the outer arm piston may not be stuck. They're just very tight and you're right not to want to force them. My pistons usually stay in about that same amount as you have yours, and just slide up and down the chanels instead (but the pistons go in and out too depending on how I handle the arms).

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.[/QUOTE

Just opened mine and had the same problem. I just pushed the pieces back together and it appears to be fixed, I get full range of motion and it hasn't come apart.

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.[/QUOTE

QUOTE]

Mine was the same, same arm...I pushed the gold piece together and there is a "slot" to it so you may have to turn it to line them up...but when you push it up I felt a 'squeeze' on the gold rod and it was tight, and has not restricted his movements at all and it has not popped out.
Just opened mine and had the same problem. I just pushed the pieces back together and it appears to be fixed, I get full range of motion and it hasn't come apart.[/

Just open up this bad boy. This will never on my radar until recently when all you guys started raving about it. Really awesome, I love robots and Star Wars and this is the best of both worlds! It's a beautiful work of art. :clap

C3PO.jpg

This is quite simply my favorite figure to date. It's been a terrific year for their SW releases but this droid really sets a new standard on terms of accuracy and materials. Perfect weight and finish. I do wish the neck to have been made ANH silver and the light switch location to have been better engineered but these are minor nitpicks to something that has me grinning ear to ear.

Nathan

Back