Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly....that's a year away. That's nuts....

It is annoying but not nearly as annoying as hot toys releasing luke and promising a HT figure per year which already pretty much gautonteed we won't ever get our wish list of HT human SW figures met anyway then almost half a year after Luke is released after almost a year delay and there's not even an announcement of the next one. But there's GI joes, agent coulsons and lone Ranger's in abundance.

We found out about 3PO nine months ago... 2014 for R2 only sounds like a long time because these two are a pair in most people's minds.

Yeah, I agree. And is everyone really in a rush to spend another $400.00 on a figure right away? Personally I'll be happy for the break and enjoy 3PO in the meantime. Also, as someone else mentioned, it's a good sign that the underscale, polished dome R2 is an early prototype and not ready to go into production. This'll hopefully give them the time to get the scale, dome, gizmos and lights perfect.

Hoping the mystery project is Grievous. I'm sure the quality, metal saber hilts, paint, and maybe some lights would be bad *** enough to even win over some OT snobs, no doubt!

Let's all enjoy 3PO till we've got a better look at R2, hopefully at SDCC!

Wishing on a star, I could stomach an R5-D4, 4-LOM, and an imperial probe droid! ....maybe even a death star droid, yes?

Hoping the mystery project is Grievous. I'm sure the quality, metal saber hilts, paint, and maybe some lights would be bad *** enough to even win over some OT snobs, no doubt!

If the thing laid a golden egg every other week I'd still pass :lol

Fair enough... but what if it laid a golden 3po every week eh? Interest peeks now... :slap:rotfl

How about a cat's eye marble?

If I could get my hands on a Grievous that laid an OT character every week I'd be all over it like a seagull onto a hot chip. Just imagine, the first week it'd be clenching its butt cheeks trying to squeeze a Chewbacca out. The following week it'd be straining at the jaw pushing out a Scout trooper... and then *gnnnnnrrrrrnunggh *pop* woot woot, Landspeeder! And all MISB.

Awesome stuff.l

Thanks Vintj and Swsqeakquels, this figure is unreal, and all focus is lost again now that the great news that R2 and either Grivas or another metal figure is on the works.

Still....have to bring him back into the comments:

1B05461A-5E34-4965-8CAC-56520EF39521-9239-000006BFB15B822E_zpsa4c5f098.jpg

Retro gold there Solo_Bones. :rock

If I could get my hands on a Grievous that laid an OT character every week I'd be all over it like a seagull onto a hot chip. Just imagine, the first week it'd be clenching its butt cheeks trying to squeeze a Chewbacca out. The following week it'd be straining at the jaw pushing out a Scout trooper... and then *gnnnnnrrrrrnunggh *pop* woot woot, Landspeeder! And all MISB.
:lol

Now that's what I call roughage.. :dump :monkey4

I actually think it's pretty 100% obvious that the next Chogokin would be Grievous. That fig was announced by SSC, reconfirmed in updates then disappeared from the radar... just like a certain gold droid.

Like figuring out Threepio, Grevious turned out to be beyond SSC's capabilities, and with those thin arms and precision mechanisms, seems like a better fit for metal.

:exactly: I reckon you're 100% right on this.:clap

Any other character at $400 other than Grievous and R2 isn't going to sell well. It's already a ridiculous price.

What a depressing pic. Awful to see that you and Lu had something broken. I really need to go over mine now just to check - Lu's only showed up on a macro photo.:pray:

You'll be okay though - this is a warranty issue on a product that has just come out a couple of weeks ago. This is Bandai/Tama you'll be dealing with, through Amiami, so it's not about Amiami being sold out. The product is brand new, Bandai/Tama will have a ton of these at their disposal.:hi5:

Well I got my reply from Amiami this morning, and as i feared, they cant replace him, or the arm, because they're completely sold out, and Bandai wont provide support for international shipments:(
On the plus side, the inner arm piston did just go back together like Mad Old Lu said, I'll just have to live with the outer piston not travelling in and out, it doesn't hinder movement TOO much. And at least Amiami were kind enough to give me a few bucks refund.

I just hope that no one gets one thats REALLY damaged.

Well I got my reply from Amiami this morning, and as i feared, they cant replace him, or the arm, because they're completely sold out, and Bandai wont provide support for international shipments:(
On the plus side, the inner arm piston did just go back together like Mad Old Lu said, I'll just have to live with the outer piston not travelling in and out, it doesn't hinder movement TOO much. And at least Amiami were kind enough to give me a few bucks refund.

I just hope that no one gets one thats REALLY damaged.

Sorry to hear that. I just sent my email and photos to AmiAmi this morning about that. I figured getting a replacement might be a long shot for me, given all the reasons they gave you (they're out of stock, huge shipping costs, etc.) I'll be happy if they offer me a few bucks for compensation as well.

And I think your Threepio will be fine. You saw those other posters write about the exact same thing yours had too.

Back