Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... Best 1/6 figure ever. If it even could be classified as a figure the same way an HT fig is. It is in a different league. Literally looks just like 1:1 threepio. It has set the bar so high for 1/6 realism HT should take notice. I only own one other 1/6 and it is HT Luke. This piece blows it away and Luke is amazing... I am more of a 1:1 prop and Studio Scale modeler. I was interested in this piece because it boasted "perfect" realism. It does what it says and IMHO is worth the price. This will be a day long remembered, Tamashii has changed the 1/6 Star Wars game :)

Mike

Last edited:
I'm building a full sized R2, and while I'm only on the dome work currently, I don't think those rivet holes on the body are on the original prop.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Those rivet holes are on the ANH R2. Check out the Art of Star Wars book, they're quite evident. That's the version I chose to build full scale so I.m happy they're doing "as first seen" versions.

Nathan

I thought someone mentioned his eyes as being wrong? I looked at mine at work and I see that there are indeed three lights in each eye for that distinct triangle pattern.

Either way everyone at the office has been going crazy over this thing.

Well I'll be!

There they are! Rivets!

R2d2.jpg

I just received 3PO today, and I must say this little guy is a shrink ray version of the real deal. Anybody on the fence should hop on over and get this. It is pricey, but just workmanship that is not believed until you have him in hand.

I feel like a stole something for the price, I actually got it off of evil bay for $331 shipped and I had a $75 dollar Ebay gift code, so this dood was $256. Best investment in a long time. Here's some eye candy to fuel the fire on this amazing piece. Definitely need the little white trashcan from Tamashii to round this shelf out! Enjoy!

1_zps5a5cc968.jpg

7_zps9b19f615.jpg

10_zps0572db76.jpg

9_zps6a26ba5a.jpg

11_zps148eb833.jpg

15_zps518064da.jpg

14_zps76d02023.jpg

With a couple of QC issues now out there I feel better about going with SSC and their monstrous price tag. They still have them in stock at the moment, and hopefully will do for a few weeks after release. If I get any dodgy piston action, scratches or other issues I'll know a replacement is only an email away.

I just got my shipping notice email today from HLJ folks! :yess: :blissy

They look to have a pretty on the ball customer service arm - I read through almost every link on their site. :lol Things happen.. but hopefully mine will be flawless. :monkey3

Sorry to hear about the issues you guys have had though; at these prices - QC problems should be at an absolute minimum.

I just got my shipping notice email today from HLJ folks! :yess: :blissy

They look to have a pretty on the ball customer service arm - I read through almost every link on their site. :lol Things happen.. but hopefully mine will be flawless. :monkey3

Sorry to hear about the issues you guys have had though; at these prices - QC problems should be at an absolute minimum.

Me too! I will be picking this bad boy up tomorrow. :panic:

With a couple of QC issues now out there I feel better about going with SSC and their monstrous price tag. They still have them in stock at the moment, and hopefully will do for a few weeks after release. If I get any dodgy piston action, scratches or other issues I'll know a replacement is only an email away.

:exactly: WORD!

Because "he's more machine now than man..."

His helmet is supposed to be made of durasteel and his body is a good deal metal
Yeah.. :lol but it's my understanding that by the very nature of the company's MO - they only do all die-cast stuff. So you want Vader's bodysuit & cape to be metal as well? Droids are the obvious choice for this line - that's the point people are making here.

Let HT take care of Vader.. :wink1:

Back