Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate - are you TK-842 over at RS?? Those custom fees sure do sting, that's not great. Your figure's A1 though, so that's the glass half full part. :)

BTW folks - great idea with the coloured gel plates or whatever.. but I couldn't be bothered doing that. :lol

I am indeed TK-842 from RS. Though i still feel the customs bite, taking a look at this wonderful 3PO on my coffee table this morning i have a feeling it won't last much longer.

Pics of my little 9th wonder as promised!!! :rock

406000343.jpg

406000411.jpg

406000414.jpg

As folks who own him already know - this figure is QUALITY. I am so happy I own this beautiful piece!!! As others have also mentioned, the first thing you immediately notice is HOW HEAVY it is - all die-cast except for the hands. SSC will NEVER match this figure.

Mine is A1 - thankfully! :pray: No imperfections, faults or defects that I can tell, so I'm incredibly relieved there. The LEDs in the eyes work wonderfully as well - very bright! The colour isn't amber.. but I'm more than cool with that.

I don't trust the included stand; 1) because it feels as though the plastic clasps won't hold it tight enough, 2) the clasps kinda line up at the torso wires - which ain't good, & 3) they're a hard plastic that may scratch the paint eventually if the figure slips while being held.

You may be able to futz with it enough, so you can get the clasps to grab below the wires, but then you're touching the metal. There's Redeye's tubing idea too, but I just don't like stand - period. Ugly, & impractical. I know others seem to like it fine.. but, ehh.

He can stand fine on his own if you pose him right anyway, but I'm going to try & mod a HT stand with some padding around the grabber to be safe - & for consistency with Luke. If that doesn't work out, there's always fishing line like Lejuan said. Ideally I'd like him to stand freely.. but there is a chance he'll fall so, yeah.

Posing the figure so that the upper & lower torso sections don't dig into the wire area is a bit of a challenge too, because the articulation is great, & the weight of him tends to shift while posing the body sections.

This figure is about as perfect as it's going to get with 3PO in 1:6 scale - it's truly Daniels in the suit shrunk down - I'm in awe of this little engineering marvel!! :thud: :clap

Good times.. :blissy :yess: :cool:

Last edited:
Nice, glad it all worked out, Vintij! I, too, like the eye mod pioneered in this thread but am just not fussed enough to do it on mine, when it arrives.

Man, its like this figure can't even take a bad pic.

Congrats to everyone who got this. :clap

Gotta give a try to that eyes custom. Color is not much of an issue for me but brightness is. This mod definitely makes for a more movie accurate look. At least, dimming the light allow for the eyes details to appear on pics which does not seem to be the case with factory setup.

I'm using a basic/compact digital camera myself but i doubt a reflex would help unless you rework your shots with a software.

Did you put the yellow at the front and orange at the back?

How many pieces of each did you use?

Thanks

Yes, you got it. Two yellows in front and two oranges in back. You might want to poke holes for the black dot. I didn't do that, but might.

I hope I don't feel compelled to do this mod when I finally get this figure. I mean, it's a clear improvement, and an easy mod, but... I just wanna open a box and be 100% satisfied for once, is that too much to ask? Is it? IS IT???!

Back