Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I think I got it! After cutting up a dozen or so different gels from that swatch book and comparing them to movie footage, this is the closest shade of amber for Threepio's eyes I got:

Eyes07_zps0d2db2d3.jpg

While my photo doesn't capture the exact color seen with the naked eye, I think it compares favorably to this particular screen shot here:

C3po_bild.png

And for Darth Magnus and whoever else is interested to know, I used #321 Soft Golden Amber from that Roscolux book. What do y'all think?

That looks gorgeous Phil :rock

Finally got mine delivered from customs today. Love the weight to it and didn't have any cut wires. Thanks to all your pictures for making me buy this.:). Will def use hlj again

Yeah, man. Looks awesome. Thanks for the mod idea, Phil.

Thanks for the kind words, S.B. Although I gotta admit, I can't believe I was the first person here to address this inaccuracy! Even Medicom got the eye color right on their Threepio figure.

I know, it was a bit of a shocker considering.

Anyway, I notice my mod tends to look different in different light. Here it is towards the end of the day....while I'm still working on my 3PO dio. (I know, I've got to dust the other side of that shelf)

77E41B13-FF23-4981-8F77-83A33B5C0BFB-1217-00000139008ECB2D_zps0ac5ac01.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, S.B. Although I gotta admit, I can't believe I was the first person here to address this inaccuracy! Even Medicom got the eye color right on their Threepio figure.

Somewhere in Japan, a Star Wars scholar quietly weeps.

Just a quick update: I'm all outta gels to give away. Wow, those went fast! Thank you for your interest.

Again, if there are any others who want to do this particular mod, find yourself a theater supply store and try to score a free Roscolux swatch book of lighting gels. I found #321 Soft Golden Amber to be the perfect color for Threepio's eyes, but I imagine there are plenty of other ways to go.

In the latest Hottoycast, Brant Bridges said that R2-D2 is coming soon. The comment was that Sideshow has been working on The Droids for a long time now, and R2-D2 would be "the most equipped version done in 1/6".

The topic of the Chogokin 3PO was thrown out there, but the relationship between Sideshow and Tamashii Nations was not elaborated upon, just mostly the comment that it was "a beautiful piece".

Sounds to me like the Chogokin 3PO is it's own beast.

In the latest Hottoycast, Brant Bridges said that R2-D2 is coming soon. The comment was that Sideshow has been working on The Droids for a long time now, and R2-D2 would be "the most equipped version done in 1/6".

Maybe we'll have GG, SSC and Tama's R2 come up for PO all at once :horror

But nah, my guess is that both GG's and SSC's will be stuck in limbo years after we've wrapped up talking about how awesome Tamashii's is.

Well with SS, I'll believe it when I see it! If it is badass, then I'll get it, but that's still not gonna change my mind about the Bandai r2 unless they completely flub it and produce that shorty one!

Last edited:
Awesome news, you'll get it soon and shipping is an awesome price!

^ That's interesting - their shipping quotes seem to jump around wildy.

The thing is heavy, & it's coming from the US.. $25?

Well done. :hi5:

Thanks, pretty amped for this figure :) The shipping is a lot less than I was anticipating, but it's ended up $1.56 cheaper than Tusken Raider was
th_Scratch-head1.gif

Back