Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threepio is great, but I still think he'd be just as cool if he was made of plastic and was priced cheaper. At least now I can kill a home invader by knocking him in the head with it if it ever comes down to it.

Yeh, this is a lot of scratch for a bare-bones figure. I doubt plastic would've thrown up the surface blemish issues this one has either.

Yeh, this is a lot of scratch for a bare-bones figure. I doubt plastic would've thrown up the surface blemish issues this one has either.

That's a really good point. I have a couple little pits and bumps on my figure. I wasn't too bothered by them, but I figured he'd probably be smoother if made with plastic.

I was lucky and got mine for about $100 off, but it was still a lot of money and I had to really think about it before I placed my order.

I love how some (who don't work in a particular industry) can be so sure of the impossibilities (based on limited info)....;)

..there's a complexity about these businesses and dealings that aren't so obvious to the laymen...certainly news/publicity only paints a surface picture... The general news meant to be told to the public at large.

Die cast artoo is not just a possibility...it's a likelihood... Most licensees who want threepio usually want the more popular artoo...though I can't say the same about the reverse. ( even though gentle giant never created their

really want this C3p0 but holding out for the best possible deal I can find. It's a big chunk of change. maybe after tax return I'll splurge.

really want this C3p0 but holding out for the best possible deal I can find. It's a big chunk of change. maybe after tax return I'll splurge.

Any idea what the edition size will be? I don't know if bandai ever says, but if it's extremely limited, I tend to jump on it...in case the price jumps on the secondary, but with this price point, I think it may be too hard to resell at a higher price unless it's really hot.

think its just generic term limited, haven't seen or heard of any production numbers for these. The price point I think makes people hesitate. HLJ seems to have the best deal atm $325 shipped FedEx to USA, just cannot justify it yet but I'll probably go there unless I find a better deal on the eBay.

think its just generic term limited, haven't seen or heard of any production numbers for these. The price point I think makes people hesitate. HLJ seems to have the best deal atm $325 shipped FedEx to USA, just cannot justify it yet but I'll probably go there unless I find a better deal on the eBay.

HLJ may put these up at a slightly discounted sale price at some point, but $325 shipped is as good as you can reasonably expect at this point I think. With the surface issues some of these have had I'd avoid ebay unless it's a trusted seller.

Yep, I'd agree. $325.00 shipped is a decent deal. I paid $100.00 more from SSC w/shipping and while I regret not shopping around a bit, I'm still happy with the figure and consider it worth the price paid.

081018-love-this-thread.jpg

As long as you get one with a nice finish (though I think they all have minor imperfections), you won't be disappointed. Let us know what you think. Still probably my favourite SW release.

Back