Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plausible deniability, i'll have to use some bribing tactics on my son. Loose lips sink ships.

How old is your son? I'd hide it from him as well. You can't trust children with secrets, especially when it's a big enough one that gets them a bribe. 'Cause then that's two secrets, the dolly and the bribe. Threats is the way to go, threats all the way :lecture

Then back to the cage with him he goes, diet of murky water, moldy bread and fish heads he gets if he tells! Priorities, priorities... might have to sell the family on eBay to start paying for these high-end collectibles?! I wonder what the going rate for a briefly displayed attractive middle aged woman and 9 yr old child in used but like new condition goes for these days? I jest, but seriously though... I think all will be well in the end, Threepio is shiny!

Plastic would have been cheaper but in my opinion the extra cost to use Diecast was worth it, it suited the character and feels less like a toy and more like something I would keep forever.

Hi. I am new in this forum. I bought this C3P0 from Amazon.com recently at a price of US$306 in December, they charged me an import fee of US$23 which I do not know why. Anyway, Amazon.com provides free shipping to my country so I was fine with it.

When I received this item in end December, I was disappointed as the piece that I got had some defects on it. There were a few permanent stain on the forehead of C3P0, and the pistons on the righ arm were loose. I got back to Amazon.com about these defects and they sent a new piece to me immediately, I had to return the defective one to them but Amazon.com refunded me the shipping charges that I had to pay, so I was satisfied with how Amazon.com handled the case.

Anyway, I received the new piece last week and I am lucky to receive one without any surface finishing issues on C3P0 now, however the pistons on the right arm are still loose. I am not sure if loose pistons on the arm is a common problem that many people have, but I am lazy to ask for a replacement again as I am able to live through the loose pistons issue. I really love this C3P0 and I never regret getting it, though the price is really exorbitant! Now i just hope that R2D2 will be made and be released (if they ever gonna make it), can't wait to display them side-by-side.

By the way, does anyone know how to solve the loose pistons issue? Any way to tighten it?

Congrats wolverine, and welcome :wave

What do you mean exactly by loose pistons? Do you mean that the rod is loose within the cylinder sleeve? I wouldn't be concerned if the part looks fine and the assembly is unaffected. It's not a functional piston, it's only there for looks really.

It's good to know that Amazon is across the customer service too in providing a clean replacement with a shipping refund.

Congrats wolverine, and welcome :wave

What do you mean exactly by loose pistons? Do you mean that the rod is loose within the cylinder sleeve? I wouldn't be concerned if the part looks fine and the assembly is unaffected. It's not a functional piston, it's only there for looks really.

It's good to know that Amazon is across the customer service too in providing a clean replacement with a shipping refund.

Hi Lejuan, this is what I am referring to (circled in red). The pistons look great and functional but it is loose. Those on the left arm are perfectly fine. I am still able to live through it so I guess it will not be a big issue to me.
c3p0.JPG

Oh I see, you're expecting the rod to remain aligned with the cylinder sleeve but you're getting some play... when you've dropped over 300 bucks on a figure it's difficult not to want and expect that everything will be perfect, but I think this is one of those details that will cease to bother you after a few weeks. Mine is packed away for a move at the moment, so unfortunately I can't check it and tell you whether the pistons are the same. I do remember them being a little loose. I'd be interested to know what others here think, but I honestly wouldn't worry based on what I see in that pic :)

Pretty sure mine are loose, I think it's to allow for them to be inserted when it's assembled? One of mine was out when it shipped but they connect back together easily/gently.

Mine is exactly like that. It does come loose at the pistons on one of the arms, but I can pose it however I want without it falling out as it happens only when I move the arm.

I would like a perfect one too, but AmiAmi doesn't do returns. Or they do, but they don't pay for return freight, and while it's a bit disapointing I guess it's a flaw I can live with since it doesn't show unless you play around with it, which lets face it you aren't supposed to do anyway. It's supposed to stand there looking as perfect as possible.

The packaging is to blame here so it's just a matter of luck if it happens to you or not.

Pretty sure mine are loose, I think it's to allow for them to be inserted when it's assembled? One of mine was out when it shipped but they connect back together easily/gently.

Yep . Had the same issue. I was a bit scared but the reconnect easily .

Hi. I am new in this forum. I bought this C3P0 from Amazon.com recently at a price of US$306 in December, they charged me an import fee of US$23 which I do not know why. Anyway, Amazon.com provides free shipping to my country so I was fine with it.

When I received this item in end December, I was disappointed as the piece that I got had some defects on it. There were a few permanent stain on the forehead of C3P0, and the pistons on the righ arm were loose. I got back to Amazon.com about these defects and they sent a new piece to me immediately, I had to return the defective one to them but Amazon.com refunded me the shipping charges that I had to pay, so I was satisfied with how Amazon.com handled the case.

Anyway, I received the new piece last week and I am lucky to receive one without any surface finishing issues on C3P0 now, however the pistons on the right arm are still loose. I am not sure if loose pistons on the arm is a common problem that many people have, but I am lazy to ask for a replacement again as I am able to live through the loose pistons issue. I really love this C3P0 and I never regret getting it, though the price is really exorbitant! Now i just hope that R2D2 will be made and be released (if they ever gonna make it), can't wait to display them side-by-side.

By the way, does anyone know how to solve the loose pistons issue? Any way to tighten it?

Congrats.
I think all the pistons are loose to some degree.
Don't let that bother you too much and enjoy the awesome figure.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!

Yeah, you probably shouldn't do that then. :lol

Movie 3PO always had that bend at the elbow.

That's how you get the little ball joint in and out of the piston. It's not a QC issue.

I know that. :wink1:
On the other arm it can't happen since the pistons restrict it just like they are supposed to. This one was this way when I opened the box. But as I said since no one can tell when the figure is posed and it doesn't pop out by itself it's not much of a problem.

Back