Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics from NYCC

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-001_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-002_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-003_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-004_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-005_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-006_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-007_1349980675.jpg

Allow me to dissent. I think 3PO looks fantastic here. I'm more tempted, not less. R2? Damn, that's a shiny helmet....

If just need to see the exact size and know about leg flexibility.

Not a fan of the flat hands on 3PO - looks like he is going to do the Macarena or something.

What? A Chrome, Shiny finish on R2's dome and a Matte finish on Threepio????

WTF! :nono :gah:

Wth the much ballyhooed attention to detail on the figures, and the insanely high price, you would think something like the finish, which really should be the EASIEST part to get right on these two would be a non issue. But it just seems like no figure can be done quite right by any company. I can forgive Threepio's shallow eye's,and I suppose the finish would be okay, since he was both shiny and dull in the movies, but R2? Come on, he never had a chrome dome. If they could have just gotten R2's dome right, I might have been scrambling to figure out how I could afford these figures, but now it is just money saved.

Edit ~ I take it back, I cant forgive the finish on threepio. The more I look at it the more wrong it looks. Even KENNER got the finish right.

The folks at Bluefin/Tamashii Nations allowed me to handle the 12"PM Chogokin C-3PO prototype at NYCC! This thing is HEAVY. I collect a lot of diecast robot figures, and I have to say Threepio may be the heaviest toy I've ever held. It really is a work of art, and very ambitious. I still think the price is bonkers, though. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgYNDvZq_M&sns=em[/ame]

I might have to pick up the medi c-3po too, having cancelled it. Then I can place the two close together, side by side and, by turning my head rapidly back and forth side to side, achieve a stereoscopic effect that delivers the visual perception of a figure with good height and great finish.

Or at least I hope that image dominates over a short-ass figure that's dull as a lead pipe.

The folks at Bluefin/Tamashii Nations allowed me to handle the 12"PM Chogokin C-3PO prototype at NYCC! This thing is HEAVY. I collect a lot of diecast robot figures, and I have to say Threepio may be the heaviest toy I've ever held. It really is a work of art, and very ambitious. I still think the price is bonkers, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgYNDvZq_M&sns=em

:lecture That actually looks very cool! :D

Thanks for sharing.

Man, after seeing that vid I'd love to own that Prototype. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll buy it but they need to get a shinier finish on Threepio.

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-003_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-006_1349980675.jpg

I've been following this thread for at least 6-8 weeks now very interested in getting these two droids, even knowing the pricetag of $400+ EACH. But after these photos of the product, forget it. I'll be going with Medicom versions or perhaps Sideshow will make a decision to make their own versions after seeing these disappointing figures (Still really nice though, but not accurate enough for most 1/6 collectors imo).

I really wouldn't even buy these figures for $250 for the pair on sale in 6 months when nobody buys these, they just don't look right, C3PO's head looks like a cartoon version of him! Besides, drop that delicate diecast C3PO once and he becomes "Battle Damage" C3PO and pretty much have no value to it.

Back