Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As anyone ordered this from AmiAmi? Has anyone ordered anything from them before? How reliable are they? Do they package items well to protect the contents?

Thanks!!
Khai

I have another PO with amiami at the moment, but it's my first order with them. All I can say is that folks both here and OSW have yet to say anything negative about them. I've said here before that I'm going with SSC for their CS rep and flexpay option. If I knew I could muster the cash in one go when this is set to ship, I'd probably have gone with amiami. I forget the price difference between SSC and amiami... something like eighty freakin' dollars, it's not insignificant.

I have another PO with amiami at the moment, but it's my first order with them. All I can say is that folks both here and OSW have yet to say anything negative about them. I've said here before that I'm going with SSC for their CS rep and flexpay option. If I knew I could muster the cash in one go when this is set to ship, I'd probably have gone with amiami. I forget the price difference between SSC and amiami... something like eighty freakin' dollars, it's not insignificant.

Exactly why I'm considering AmiAmi!! SSC have it for $400 + shipping, and Popcultcha here in Australia have it for $500!!! So AmiAmi is the cheapest by far!!!

Exactly why I'm considering AmiAmi!! SSC have it for $400 + shipping, and Popcultcha here in Australia have it for $500!!! So AmiAmi is the cheapest by far!!!

The gauranteed CS with SSC was important to me too. If you're unsure, try sending amiami an email enquiry or two... how they pack their stuff up, clarify a CS policy etc. That'll give you an indication of how quickly they respond to emails, how good their English is and how they address your questions. I wish I'd thought of doing that when I placed my order. Also, they don't allow cancellations, so be sure you want it to avoid hassle.

I almost ordered through AmiAmi, but I had to sign up with a freight forwarder who charges 15.00 per box, on top of standard shipping, which was estimated to be about 40-60 bucks. So the price came out pretty similar, but I wasn't sure if AmiAmi was selling something slightly different, maybe in the way of packaging and marketing.

Anyway, I found this on Amazon with free shipping for $400.00. I just went the safe route. Should have purchased through AmiAmi, i guess.

Personally, I'd rather lose a bit upfront and buy from SSC or BBTS (assuming one lives in NA), than try and save a bit by using an overseas distributor. Should the figure have any issues, shipping back to them would be brutally expensive (at least through Canada Post... shipping gifts to a friend in HK the shipping is often the same or more than the gift and they're not anywhere near as heavy as this 3PO) and a lot of hassle, plus add in potential language barrier, etc.

Personally, I'd rather lose a bit upfront and buy from SSC or BBTS (assuming one lives in NA), than try and save a bit by using an overseas distributor. Should the figure have any issues, shipping back to them would be brutally expensive (at least through Canada Post... shipping gifts to a friend in HK the shipping is often the same or more than the gift and they're not anywhere near as heavy as this 3PO) and a lot of hassle, plus add in potential language barrier, etc.

What about a Canadian seller, there is toys 2 and urbansamuraihobbies, IF there was any issues....hopefully not.

What about a Canadian seller, there is toys 2 and urbansamuraihobbies, IF there was any issues....hopefully not.
Yeah, just using those two as examples since everyone's familiar with them. Just did use Urban Samurai for the Terminator DX and everything was great (only found out about them from your posts, so thanks for that). I'll definitely be using them again but still find BBTS handy for stuff that Canadian retailers don't seem to stock (like Marvel Universe) plus their Bag of Loot shipping system (it's actually less to order a bunch of stuff through them, even with shipping and duty, than buy locally through a comic book store) while SSC I'll use for exclusives and sometimes for Flexpay.

The issue is that it doesn't need to be made out of metal... it's certainly a cool idea, but sitting on a shelf no one will really care if the item is metal or vacu-formed plastic... and usually the pastic holds up better.

I predict a steep value drop after this is released, like Medicom the retail price is just too damn high for most people to pay. And those that do may end up regretting it and selling at a loss.

I highly doubt that will be the case, most Tamashii releases go up in price actually... this figure is in a whole different league than most plastic ones. Real metal figures are highly sought after. This one is geared more towards Chogokin collecting folk...

Wow, looks awesome. Still a bit more of a matte finish than I'd would've liked in some pics but it looks awesome.

Sideshow won't get close to the quality of this one, this is the Droid I've been waiting for.:lol

Yep, I agree with this... but way over my budget unfortunately... I'll stay with my Medi droids for the time being

As anyone ordered this from AmiAmi? Has anyone ordered anything from them before? How reliable are they? Do they package items well to protect the contents?

Thanks!!
Khai

I've ordered stuff from them in the past and they are great! highly reliable and pack everything nicely.

Not sure if Francsicoliger can tell us about how well this can stand, as those pics are from Tamashii's fb page. There are a few pics out there that have the figure standing on its own... though how long it was able to do this... the 'scholar' said he paid a lot of attention to the balance of the costume, but I'm not sure whether he's referring specifically to visual balance or physical balance.

ep3_img04.jpg

I like that pic a lot... man... this has been quite the journey since it was shown during SDCC...
*sigh*

I'm liking these recent shots of 3PO.

They definitely improved the finish.
The finish of the proto appeared to have a sheen to it, but this one is closer to chrome. Still not enough, but better than before.

if i find this for in the 275-290 range...............BOUGHT!!!!!!!

i could knock a **** ton of it off with reward points but that's not quite the same......:(

where the hell is galactiboy when i need him.........:tap

Not sure if Francsicoliger can tell us about how well this can stand, as those pics are from Tamashii's fb page. There are a few pics out there that have the figure standing on its own... though how long it was able to do this... the 'scholar' said he paid a lot of attention to the balance of the costume, but I'm not sure whether he's referring specifically to visual balance or physical balance.

ep3_img04.jpg

Damn! Gotta have this!

The more pics I see of this the more I want it but I have to see some one review there in hand figure before I go nuts and buy a tumblers worth of C-3PO.

I really love the idea of this, but every time I look at the pics I just see the inaccuracies rather than the positives? The neck is too long, the head is slightly bobbled, the gizmos on the arms are too blocky, the reflectiveness of the gold etc etc..

But you know what? It's beautiful. I really want one, only things stoping me is the price and I'm worried about the metal deteriorating after a year.

Back