Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did the same. Won't be seeing it until June, though. Could've paid it off quicker, but just find the price a little easier to tolerate portioned out over 5 months. Coincidentally it'll be shipping the same day as my battle-damaged T-800, so that'll be pretty sweet getting these two together.

Just took the leap of faith and went ahead with the PO.

Looking forward to it within the next couple of months!

Congrats! I did as well....this is one that I have said I would never buy, but now it's the one I look forward to most....weird, but awesome.

Congrats to you both.
I'm still waiting until we can get more in-hand pics.

But I am getting closer and closer to a PO myself. :D

Im also getting close to ordering one I dont think any other C-3P0 will compare to this one.He is unique.

I have the medicom one. I paid $250 for it. At the time I thought it was a lot. I wish this would be the same price. Still I will probably buy it.

I have the medicom one. I paid $250 for it. At the time I thought it was a lot. I wish this would be the same price. Still I will probably buy it.

I paid $200.00 for mine loose and love it but now I am starting to covet those who have and will have it. Panic!!!

The talking medi versions of the droids have been available for under $200 shipped from a few Asian sellers for a few months now. I could have got the pair brand new for around $350 shipped, but thought, "why get two when I can spend $100 more and get one?"

Yeah, price is brutal, no doubt. But the quality... *drools* This is a piece where if I sell off most of everything else will sit on my desk, alone if necessary but hopefully with R2. Really hope they fix R2's scale and dome.

The talking medi versions of the droids have been available for under $200 shipped from a few Asian sellers for a few months now. I could have got the pair brand new for around $350 shipped, but thought, "why get two when I can spend $100 more and get one?"

LOL! :lol

Sounds like fuzzy logic to me. :D

Yeah, price is brutal, no doubt. But the quality... *drools* This is a piece where if I sell off most of everything else will sit on my desk, alone if necessary but hopefully with R2. Really hope they fix R2's scale and dome.

C-3PO's finish was off, but Tamashii nailed the proportions. Thankfully the finish improved.

R2 seems to be too small and the dome is way off it's not even funny.

I hope it's addressed.

Welllll, actually with amiami, even with shipping thrown in, the Tamashii 3PO will not be much more than the pair of Medi droids. I have the "non-talking" set of the Medicom droids, and as nice as they are and as much as I really do love 'em, this Tamashii C-3PO will blow the Medi version out of the water - ka-boom! I have no doubt whatsoever that will be the case, and the fact that it's metal will make it feel like a pop-culture museum piece. I just wish we knew more precisely when this thing is coming out...

I really love the idea of this, but every time I look at the pics I just see the inaccuracies rather than the positives? The neck is too long, the head is slightly bobbled, the gizmos on the arms are too blocky, the reflectiveness of the gold etc etc..

But you know what? It's beautiful. I really want one, only things stoping me is the price and I'm worried about the metal deteriorating after a year.

Why would the metal deteriorate in such a short time??

Centurion: Yep, prepared to live without R2 if they don't address the issues, as much as it would suck to have 3PO on his own.

Khonsu70: Totally agree. The Medi 3PO has a nice body but the atrocious painted-on wiring (really, really hate that mid-section whenever I look at the figure :lol) and to a lesser extent, scale, brings the whole piece down. The price of the Tamashii is hard to swallow but there isn't any doubt in my mind that this is likely the best 1:6 3PO that will ever be released. I kinda like to support a company going all out on something like this, too.

Cheap die-cast can start to disintegrate after a short time. This isn't cheap. :lol

Bandai have a had I bit of practice in this field, so I don't think that's a valid concern.

I hope that the release of this will be when Tamashii sees fit to throw out some more info about R2
Tapping%20Foot.gif

Cheap die-cast can start to disintegrate after a short time. This isn't cheap. :lol

Bandai have a had I bit of practice in this field, so I don't think that's a valid concern.

Very good point.
I've got metallic Bandai robots from the 80's that are mint.
I don't know if their process/materials are the same today, but they've got a lot of experience with metal toys.

Back