Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 18 SSC Star Wars figures displayed right now. 14 in in storage if I'm counting right. 3 on pre-order.

Most of those did not cost over $100, but considering what they've been producing lately, I see no end in sight. Just too much fun.

Actually.. please allow me to be specific. :monkey3

The Jedi Luke PF kicks @$$.

My notoriety as a SSC basher, has been well documented over at Rebelscum.. :lol

Late to the party for these it seems, but man these look great! Love the boxes and the die sat metal. I'm in need of the droids. If SS does end up carrying these, at least we can look forward to a slightly reduced prices from retailers if these don't end up being exclusive to just SS.

Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

I hear you... I'd rather have plastic versions. They'd probably fit in better with earlier SW figures and be a lot cheaper too! Real metal parts are over the top.

My Hasbro 3PO and R2 look just fine with the SSC Luke and I didn't even weather them yet.

No offense to any die hard SSC fanatics, but I'm kind of getting tired of SSC's promo teasers and the lack of information on products they offer.

If the prices go that high on plastic figures. I'm packing it in. Imagine what the prices on the metal figures will inflate to...:thud:

Yeah, the "tease" thing was fun before every SSC figure was in the $135-$180 range. Budgeting these "surprises" ain't fun. And I get tired of SSC's "we're working on ___" or "big news people - Rebo Band coming!" in 2009 and you start vaguely budgeting and you reach 2012 and still nothing.

I wish they would just announce the name and release quarter well ahead of time - then only tease the visuals of how they nailed the look (or not...) i.e. it would be nice to know SSC was releasing R2 and C3 in third quarter next year.

It would be nice after 7 years of collecting Sideshow Star Wars figures if I could at long last get the two droids that started it all.

I like the idea of real metal -- I think that also helps sell this pair as a stand-alone for people who don't want to collect but want one simple representation on their desk or in their office for fun. Certainly real metal, light-up droids will sell far beyond our little community. Of course, the price could kill it.

But if these came in at $300 or so for the SET, then I think they'd sell a lot more. You really need both to represent. Can't have Laurel without Hardy.

I have a soft spot for the overweight blob of grease, that I do not have for the mindless philosopher.

Actually.. please allow me to be specific. :monkey3

The Jedi Luke PF kicks @$$.

My notoriety as a SSC basher, has been well documented over at Rebelscum.. :lol

picture.php

That makes me miss my days of scrapping at RS. Before the dark times...before the Bantha Skull purge...

I don't even think droids in star wars are made from metal lol, but just being so makes it more authentic because everybody knows droids should be made from metal

Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

These are not going to be cheap... easily between $350.00 and $450.00 each... but they will be gorgeous... :clap!!
My guess is that with these coming, most likely it'll be a while before we see Sideshow's version...

$350-$450??? I hope your wrong. But I think your right about it still being a long time before SSC do the Droids.

SSC have gotten Bandai to do them for them IMO.

DiFabio got banned from Rebelscum more times than he can count.

It was fun. I miss the cantina. It was no Sandbox, but we did good work there.

Last Soul of Chogokin (Daioja) was 23000¥ (appr. 295$) and it's a 12" die cast robot made of three transformable ones. I don't think they can ask for more than 20000¥ (250$) for 3P0 and I'd say 15000¥ (190$) for R2.

Back