Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin got both Medicom R2 & 3PO for $125 from a fellow member on here.

I collected them for him and I really, really didn't want to hand them over.

He got an amazing deal.

The git!!!

Apart from being 1/7, the Medi Threepio's head just doesn't look quite right - almost in the same way the SSC PF one is a little off. Not angular enough, too rounded. The Tamashii one looks pretty spot on, which is rare.

Both on eBay?

yep! I know people complain about Ebay a lot, but you can still find some amazing stuff out there!!

My cousin got both Medicom R2 & 3PO for $125 from a fellow member on here.

I collected them for him and I really, really didn't want to hand them over.

He got an amazing deal.

The git!!!

Wow!! And I thought I got a great deal!!! :panic:

Im as big of a fan of C-3PO and R2-D2 and the 12" Hasbro ones suffice. :lol

Apples an oranges really...

DSC06925.jpg
DSC06967.jpg

Does the Medi R2 do something besides light up?

mine does my laundry every now and then... but most of the time he just drinks beer and makes funny noises... :dunno

SSC should have got into doing the Droids earlier. So iconic and yet nothing from them.

The price of these just makes me more annoyed at SSC. I've bought nearly all off SSC's figures but to not have the Droids by now is wrong.

:impatient:

SSC should have got into doing the Droids earlier. So iconic and yet nothing from them.

The price of these just makes me more annoyed at SSC. I've bought nearly all off SSC's figures but to not have the Droids by now is wrong.

:impatient:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Hopefully I can find them for a good price. These will be top quality no doubt.

If I get these, SSC wont get my money if they ever do the Droids, won't need them.

Great representation of these iconic droids, but wow that price. :horror

I'll just stick with my Medicom 3PO and R2 for now.

Hopefully I can find them for a good price. These will be top quality no doubt.

If I get these, SSC wont get my money if they ever do the Droids, won't need them.
Yeah, that's maybe partly how I'll justify the cost for these guys (as well as dropping some stuff from my 'must have' list to also take a bit of the hit). Basically, they look to me to be the definitive set in 1:6 scale and it's hard to see them being equaled, let alone surpassed. The other thing I'm thinking is that even if I sold off all my SW stuff some time in the future, these two would be the one thing I'd keep to represent the movies.

Only flaw at the moment is that R2's dome, as noted by a few here and RS, needs to be brushed aluminum and not so polished as on the prototype. In terms of scale, I checked on the site and 3PO's listed as being 300mm, so that should be about right.

I'm not in love with the price but I did expect them to be in this range. Still decided about getting them, though. I only need these guys once in 1/6 so I'm taking the plunge.

for future reference only............but anyone who gets these please let me know when they arrive & where you live................just want to be sure they are safe from anyone who may want to steal them from you..........:lecture

:monkey3

There'll be more at the retailers when these get released. Most of them already post their addy online for all to see too. lol

Not yet. 3PO is listed at 300 mm, so not exactly sure how many mm R2 should be to be properly in scale (guessing about two-thirds but would like to know what I should be looking for once height is posted...). I don't think there have been any pictures of 3PO and R2 together, side-by-side, and R2 does not yet have his own page, so no measurements available at the moment. Looking forward to getting that confirmed, though.

3PO really is a work of art, with a lot of impressive bells and whistles - I think the most impressive being the working cylinders that allow for elbow articulation and the wires at the abdomen. Magnetic restraining bolt is a nice touch also. That price is right off the charts, though. The Medi droids work just fine for me!

Basically, they look to me to be the definitive set in 1:6 scale and it's hard to see them being equaled, let alone surpassed. The other thing I'm thinking is that even if I sold off all my SW stuff some time in the future, these two would be the one thing I'd keep to represent the movies.

This exactly, great post.

Back