Terminator Salvation - Blu-Ray...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would Connor just arbitrarily hand Kyle a photo of his mother to make Kyle fall in love with her? This actually makes more sense that he discovers it in the pocket of the jacket that Connor gave him. No further explanation is required. The seed is planted.

ok, but that STILL contradicts what kyle said in t1. that the photo was GIVEN to him by john connor, not found in a pocket of a jacket given by connor. surely something as important as the photo that would lead kyle to "idolize" sarah wouldn't be accidentally passed on to him. john knew the importance of the photo. it would only make sense as cameron portrayed it, that john presented sarah's photo to kyle in person. his very existence depended on it.

That WAS how it happened, but since the entire future is rewritten, anything goes. I'm personally more bothered by the new interpretation of the T-600s from Reese's original story than the photo concept.

Actually, as far as the photo, in T1, Reese says he didn't know why Connor gave it to him originally, which actually makes little sense, why would Connor give it to him before the mission, there's no reason, the T:S plot line actually makes more sense, he sees the photo, presumably gives it back eventually, but the image lasts in his mind and the obsession grows.

Why would Connor just arbitrarily hand Kyle a photo of his mother to make Kyle fall in love with her? This actually makes more sense that he discovers it in the pocket of the jacket that Connor gave him. No further explanation is required. The seed is planted.

why? because he's known since he was a kid that the future kyle reese is to be his father. he didn't need to make a big deal out of the handing over of the photo, he could very well have just passed it to kyle casually. but he had to ensure that he gave kyle the picture in person, for 2 reasons: to help kyle identify 1984 sarah during his time-jump mission. and to plant the seed of emotional attachment towards her. like i said, connor knew what kyle's role was. as a kid he already knew the craziness and the inevitability of it all (the car repair scene in the desert in t2).

and changing the timeline doesn't change the fundamentals of the story's throughline: kyle of the future must become the father of john connor. and john of the future was just ensuring what was basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In T1 it was never said specifically that Connor says to Kyle "Kyle, I want you to have this photo of my mother because I'm sending you back to **** her so I will be born. So it is with great honor that you will become a mother ****er." Kyle's story was kind of vague as to how he got it specifically and I think McG interpreted it quite perfectly.

In T1 it was never said specifically that Connor says to Kyle "Kyle, I want you to have this photo of my mother because I'm sending you back to **** her so I will be born. So it is with great honor that you will become a mother ****er." Kyle's story was kind of vague as to how he got it specifically and I think McG interpreted it quite perfectly.

dude, i never said that. don't misinterpret me. read my post above. john could very well have passed the photo over to kyle and told him nothing beyond "this is what sarah connor looked like in 1984." remember, all records were lost in the war. even the machines knew nothing of sarah.

you're right that kyle's story IS vague. but he did very clearly say that john GAVE him the photo. what he DIDN'T say was that he found the photo in a jacket by accident.

Dude, just go watch the bluray and you will understand everything.

At this point, you have to let go of most of what Kyle said in T1. Kyle's description of the T-600 sounds much like the Arnold T-800, only made of rubber instead of the living tissue, the T:S T-600's are beasts, no way they could be an infiltrator or fool people, so that's gone.

Marcus is a new Terminator that never even existed in the previous timeline, so his existence and involvement with Reese changes things. The end result will be the same, Kyle will be the father of the future, but the events leading to that have been altered, nothing has to, nor will follow the old timeline it seems.

Got mine at Best Buy. Will be watching it this weekend!!

100_0926.jpg
[/IMG]

Just finished watching the Blu, I enjoyed it alot more than I did in the theatres...I think I let the negativity surrounding the theatrical release get the best of me. Good movie...actually, GREAT movie.

Just finished watchin the BR and I Couldn't agree MORE!!! I liked it the first time i saw it in the theater and liked it even more the second time around, Great movie!! :D

Unfortunately the rights to the franchise are up for sale by Halcyon in part due to a legal settlement. The future of the franchise at this point is unknown and whether or not Bale or McG will be back remains uncertain. As much as I have grown to respect McG, his idea for T5 going back in time to present day London sounded really lame. If Bale doesn't return to the role of Connor then I won't be back for a sequel.

why? because he's known since he was a kid that the future kyle reese is to be his father. he didn't need to make a big deal out of the handing over of the photo, he could very well have just passed it to kyle casually. but he had to ensure that he gave kyle the picture in person, for 2 reasons: to help kyle identify 1984 sarah during his time-jump mission. and to plant the seed of emotional attachment towards her. like i said, connor knew what kyle's role was. as a kid he already knew the craziness and the inevitability of it all (the car repair scene in the desert in t2).

and changing the timeline doesn't change the fundamentals of the story's throughline: kyle of the future must become the father of john connor. and john of the future was just ensuring what was basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I agree with you 100%.
Giving Kyle the picture makes more sense. Something THIS important shouldn't/wouldn't be left to chance.

If I were in John's position, I'd be like, "Hey kid, wanna see a picture of the person who taught me everything I know? You can keep that."

Later Kyle obsesses over her, then jumps at the chance (like he says in T1, he volunteered) to go back in time to protect her. All the while, John's basically pulling the strings.

Well you DO know that it is only 2018 and he doesn't go back until 2029 so there is plenty of time for John to "fill in" the details before he goes back. Like I said, he planted the seed. If we ever get to see the other films planned for the trilogy those details might be revealed. But as was said before, the timeline was also changed when Miles Dyson was killed and the T-800 CPU was destroyed postponing JD until Kate Brewster's father brings Skynet online in 2003, six years later.

Well you DO know that it is only 2018 and he doesn't go back until 2029 so there is plenty of time for John to "fill in" the details before he goes back. Like I said, he planted the seed. If we ever get to see the other films planned for the trilogy those details might be revealed. But as was said before, the timeline was also changed when Miles Dyson was killed and the T-800 CPU was destroyed postponing JD until Kate Brewsters father brings Skynet online in 2003, six years later.

Maybe I should have clarified that it makes more sense to me this way. :eek:
I'm not claiming to be in the right, or trying to alter your pov.
I just really like the idea that John was in complete control of the situation. :D

As for the time line, that also makes sense to me because Kyle was still a virgin in T1.
Again, either way works, I just like the "John giving him the picture" way better

that's fine but I like the idea that Kyle falling in love with Sarah was not forced upon him, that it happened naturally when Connor gave him the photo he became taken by her beauty and when john sends him back to protect her he has absolutely no idea he is the father until that moment in the Tiki motel when he says to Sarah "I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have."

I don't think Kyle ever knew he was Johns father. How could he know he dies to soon. He tells Sarah "I came across time for you" because he is infatuated with her from the photo and maybe believes he is in love with her when he tells her that in the Tiki Motel. Connor never told Kyle that Kyle is his father that I know of. He makes love to Sarah in the Tiki Motel but he dies later that night so there is no way that he could know Sarah is pregnant and he is indeed John's father.

that's fine but I like the idea that Kyle falling in love with Sarah was not forced upon him, that it happened naturally when Connor gave him the photo he became taken by her beauty and when john sends him back to protect her he has absolutely no idea he is the father until that moment in the Tiki motel when he says to Sarah "I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have."

Oh I think Kyle definitely realizes it when he gets mad at himself for revealing his feelings to Sarah and then says "I shouldn't have said that."

Back