Terminator Salvation - Blu-Ray...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BacktotheFutureDocBrown-full.jpg

I just think he felt he overstepped the boundaries of his mission that's all. You can believe what you like that's fine. This is what I believe.

And it certainly can be interpreted both ways. Kyle was simply carrying out his mission to protect Sarah, but then having the sudden realization that the most important duty is to plant the seed of humanity's future I think is a stroke of narrative brilliance.

And that seed probably wouldn't have even gotten planted if Sarah didn't jump Kyles bones in the motel room. Kyle was just sitting there scared like a little kid:lol

And it certainly can be interpreted both ways. Kyle was simply carrying out his mission to protect Sarah, but then having the sudden realization that the most important duty is to plant the seed of humanity's future I think is a stroke of narrative brilliance.

I'd say he was probably feeling pretty overwhelmed. It's not everyday that you find out that the future of the human race depends upon you getting laid.

I liked this better on video than in theaters. It's good for what it is, but it's not quite what it could have been. On Blu-ray, though--nice sights and sounds.

I have to agree man. I snagged mine at Best Buy earlier. The Blu Ray was $20 and it had the same features as the "Endoskull Case" version. That "Endoskull Case" is not worth the $15.00 price hike IMO.

WTF was up with that?! I picked up Star Trek at Best Buy looking for a cool exclusive and wound up seeing it at Target who's Trek came with a model of the Enterprise. Now BB gets the standard Target Exclusive of the ugly molded Target cases? WTF?!

Last edited:
I hate those plastic face bluray cases. I just don't see why a grown man would rather have a lame folding cartoon Batman or Iron Man head hold his discs rather than a real case with the actual poster artwork. Not only that, but paying extra for it as well.

I hate those plastic face bluray cases. I just don't see why a grown man would rather have a lame folding cartoon Batman or Iron Man head hold his discs rather than a real case with the actual poster artwork. Not only that, but paying extra for it as well.

Who wants a plastic case that doesn't even fit in with the other DVDs/Blu-rays on the shelf? Give me a mini bust/model I can stick in the corner of the shelf any day over that crap. They look like those cheap Hasbro kiddie discmans. :lol

Probably the same reason why a grown man like yourself still collects dolls. :monkey1

that's fine but I like the idea that Kyle falling in love with Sarah was not forced upon him, that it happened naturally when Connor gave him the photo he became taken by her beauty and when john sends him back to protect her he has absolutely no idea he is the father until that moment in the Tiki motel when he says to Sarah "I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have."

Are you female?!
:lol

There has got to another version of this movie that going to be released in the future. While watching the special features on bluray . I noticed many parts that were not in the film. I mean there is realy no t-600 in the movie except some short parts .

Okay, there's been lots of dsicussion about the photo and Kyle's intentions with Sarah. Let me add my two cents here.

Regardless of McG's bull???? take on everything Cameron set up, what really happened according to Kyle in T1 is this:

At some point in the future John finds Kyle. I don't like McG's version of those events, but we're past that. As for the picture, it should have been given to Kyle after Kyle has known John for a while and proven to John that he is a reliable soldier. John already knows he will be, but Kyle will have to discover that for himself, otherwise he'd never believe John would okay him for the most important mission of all 'time' (like the pun there?).

Kyle is under the command of Perry, not John, so John and Kyle could become pretty close friends, and if I were John, I'd probably make sure that happened, after all Kyle is daddy even though the roles are somewhat reversed.

During the course of their friendship, John would most definitely talk about how great his mother was. "I volunteered. It was a chance to meet the legend," Kyle said. At some point in John's story telling of how awesome his mother was he would have shown Kyle the picture. Kyle would have revered Sarah by that point, and John would have handed the picture over with some kind of line like, "She always brought me luck. Why don't you hang onto that. Keep it." Having no romantic contact with any woman before, Kyle would start to feel something for her after staring at her picture so much, but would have kept that a very guarded secret. Kyle told Sarah how he memorized every detail of her face, not because of the mission he didn't even know about until he volunteered for it, but because she was the one who made the man, John, he admired most in life. "I would die for John Connor," Kyle said. And to Kyle, women were good fighters. John would have respected Sarah, even '84 Sarah, knowing what John had told him about her.

As for being a mother????er, Kyle did confess to his feelings for Sarah, but he also felt it was somehow a betrayal of John's trust as well, not knowing that John knew it before Kyle even existed. And he would have felt it complicated the mission. "I shouldn't have said that" would have been the end of it if Sarah hadn't fallen in love with this hero that came across time to save her. He practically worshipped her, certainly enough to die for her as well, and who better to give herself, the most valuable reward she had to offer, to than a man of that character.

Did either of them know Kyle would be John's father that night? No way. It was a moment of pure love and passion. Kyle died never knowing, and so he should. "John never said much about him (John's father). I know he dies before the war." That's it. And I'm sure Sarah discovering she was pregnant came as quite a shock, but also an amazing final gift. Kyle's life would live on through her in John.

"You were young like you are now, but also a little sad. I always wondered what you were thinking at that moment," Kyle told Sarah, never knowing that the whole time he stared at that picture, the legendary woman in that photo was thinking of how much she loved him.

???? McG and that stupid leaving the picture in the pocket bull????. McG is an ass.

Okay, there's been lots of dsicussion about the photo and Kyle's intentions with Sarah. Let me add my two cents here.

Regardless of McG's bull???? take on everything Cameron set up, what really happened according to Kyle in T1 is this:

At some point in the future John finds Kyle. I don't like McG's version of those events, but we're past that. As for the picture, it should have been given to Kyle after Kyle has known John for a while and proven to John that he is a reliable soldier. John already knows he will be, but Kyle will have to discover that for himself, otherwise he'd never believe John would okay him for the most important mission of all 'time' (like the pun there?).

Kyle is under the command of Perry, not John, so John and Kyle could become pretty close friends, and if I were John, I'd probably make sure that happened, after all Kyle is daddy even though the roles are somewhat reversed.

During the course of their friendship, John would most definitely talk about how great his mother was. "I volunteered. It was a chance to meet the legend," Kyle said. At some point in John's story telling of how awesome his mother was he would have shown Kyle the picture. Kyle would have revered Sarah by that point, and John would have handed the picture over with some kind of line like, "She always brought me luck. Why don't you hang onto that. Keep it." Having no romantic contact with any woman before, Kyle would start to feel something for her after staring at her picture so much, but would have kept that a very guarded secret. Kyle told Sarah how he memorized every detail of her face, not because of the mission he didn't even know about until he volunteered for it, but because she was the one who made the man, John, he admired most in life. "I would die for John Connor," Kyle said. And to Kyle, women were good fighters. John would have respected Sarah, even '84 Sarah, knowing what John had told him about her.

As for being a mother????er, Kyle did confess to his feelings for Sarah, but he also felt it was somehow a betrayal of John's trust as well, not knowing that John knew it before Kyle even existed. And he would have felt it complicated the mission. "I shouldn't have said that" would have been the end of it if Sarah hadn't fallen in love with this hero that came across time to save her. He practically worshipped her, certainly enough to die for her as well, and who better to give herself, the most valuable reward she had to offer, to than a man of that character.

Did either of them know Kyle would be John's father that night? No way. It was a moment of pure love and passion. Kyle died never knowing, and so he should. "John never said much about him (John's father). I know he dies before the war." That's it. And I'm sure Sarah discovering she was pregnant came as quite a shock, but also an amazing final gift. Kyle's life would live on through her in John.

"You were young like you are now, but also a little sad. I always wondered what you were thinking at that moment," Kyle told Sarah, never knowing that the whole time he stared at that picture, the legendary woman in that photo was thinking of how much she loved him.

???? McG and that stupid leaving the picture in the pocket bull????. McG is an ass.

Perhaps since that scene was cut anyway we shouldn't mind it. All very well said, otherwise.

well, surfer, that was pretty much my point as well, as expressed earlier in the thread.

i don't buy the whole "the timeline has been altered so things can turn out different" rationale. sure, slight alterations are possible and they're fine if they make sense*. but i don't like it when significant narrative elements from previous films are disregarded because the new director feels something just looks cool. it's lazy, and it's totally counter-intuitive for anyone who understands and accepts the pre-existing mythology established by cameron.

however, i can respect other people's take on this if they feel the new films are playing in a fresh creative territory (narrative-wise). to each his own.

*and yes, i have watched the t4 director's cut. the scene about kyle finding sarah's photo in the jacket still doesn't make sense. thank goodness it was cut.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I agree 110% with everything this buttsniffer just said!!!

While MCG and the T:S writers can be blamed for departures from the T1-T2 storyline, the blame really falls upon T3. If they hadn't needed some way to justify a T3 that made sense with T2 basically stopping Judgement Day, then T:S never would have had the freedom to rewrite history.

As far as what takes place in future Terminator films, I am sadly accepting that it is most likely we'll get very little of Cameron's future, but I hope to be proven wrong.

I do think that the new Reese scene can add more to the Reese-Sarah story and could be handled in such a way to not entirely depart from the original story and just add to it. Whether the writers actually do that, who knows.

I do have a question about the BR, is it only the director's cut or do you have an option of which version you want to watch?

Back