The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a TTL 1.0...I bought it because they're pretty cheap and the articulation is pretty good. This last set I got had some wobbly ankle joints, nothing a little superglue can't fix, but YMMV.

Thanks capn, like the way the head sits and the hands work fine. I'm a bit concerned these heads will sit a bit short with dragon neck joints, but Les said they should be fine. Anyway I may replace my Dragon Neo for John with a TTL 1.0 if needed. Btw Guys you can get this from store-rooms for 20 shipped. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice to know that Smiff,

The papercraft guitars are a bit over-sized except for George's Gretsch (you'll need the body from the Gretsch White Falcon and head and neck from the 6128T and then color it a dark brown circa 1964-65 or black circa 1965 onward). The RIC needs to be shrunk down and so does the Hofner.

If worse comes to worse, I'm going to use them as templates to build the guitars out of wood. There are any number of ways to do it. The simplest is to print them out and use a copier to shrink the RIC 325 and Hofner down by 82%: those will get you an accurate 1/6 scale guitar (John's RIC would be 5.75" and Paul's Hofner would be about 6.5").

If you want to print out the shrunken versions, you'd have to do the Print Screen trick from the PDF file, shrink it, and import that into a graphics program and then print that out on card stock.

People shouldn't dismiss Papercraft. I've seen some pretty amazing things with it and the VOX sets I made using it aren't too bad. If I could figure a way to post it, you could see for yourself...

Mike

Reposting the Capn's Fine WIP for those who missed it. Great work mate! :clap

Here's some pics of my progress. You'll see the straps I made up for my John Rickenbacker and George's Gretsch, plus drumsticks (I think they're undersized, but they look good in Ringo's hands), and my custom microphone and stand. I'm waiting on some cord I bought online for the "wires" from the mics and guitars, and have my VOX amps order on the way. Not shown is my Ringo drum set, since it's the same as everyone else's. What do you guys think of my paint jobs on the heads?

DSCN0554.JPG

DSCN0556.JPG

That's a really nice custom so far. I also like the way you made the mic.

More and more, I'm thinking about building my own guitar... at least the Hofner. I found that on my computer to print the right size I had to print the paperguitar version at 90% from Adobe Reader. That was strange but it gives a near perfect 1/6th version of the Hofner likewise with the RIC 325. So, if you decide to roll your own, try printing those guitars out at 90%. The body of the Hofner should measure about 2.75 inches long by 1.75 inches wide while the RIC is about 2 inches long by 2 inches wide from the top of the first pickup to the end of the tailpiece.

And, maybe I'm thinking too much of paper craft lately but with that size Kleenex box... If you had the right photo editing software, you could fit this to it:

www.zzounds.com/item--VOXV412

And, you'd have a background for a dio...

Mike

What's with the "Enterprise" article? A bit dated, no? Haha.

Awesome custom. Can't wait to see more of everyone's.

Pics Please!

BTW, My VOX amps CAME IN today! Thanks Mark. Here are a few pics. I got 3 of Set 1 and they were well packed by Mark and sent quickly. Because you've already seen upright pics I took a few from a higher angle so you could see the amp controls.

Back
aavoxset1b.jpg

Front
aavoxset1f.jpg

The only mod I did was paint the emblems silver. Here's a pic of one Speaker Set I did. I don't think it makes that much of a difference really, but I wanted some contrast to the black and white, either way, white or silver looks fine IMO.

aavoxset1m.jpg

I didn't do any cross hatch detail on the covers because there isn't any to do really. The covers are made of a nice patterned foam material as you can see and look nice as they are. :D

Unfortunately one of the Speaker's VOX emblems came flawed but Mark will take care of that and I may pick up a couple amps down the road. :cool:

Last edited:
those figures look awesome, but wtf is with the elf-like pointy shoes? were they like that back then?

also, which guitars are for who? (hofner is paul, and the white gibson is lennon, but idk about the others.)

those figures look awesome, but wtf is with the elf-like pointy shoes? were they like that back then?

also, which guitars are for who? (hofner is paul, and the white gibson is lennon, but idk about the others.)

:lol They're called Beatle Boots and they were that big as you can see in the pic below. As the story goes, the Lads were in a Ballet Type Shop and saw these Cuban heeled boots, prolly some kind of Tango Dancing Shoes with elastic tussets on the sides and fell in love with them. Within a few months they were all the Rage in Mod England. And still are very cool. I have a pair of my own, made in the UK. I believe Loken made them.

841-455_Beatles__1WEB.jpg

As for the Guitars, well John used diifferent BLACK Ricks, the store-rooms Rickenbacker 325 is pretty damn close. the Brown store-rooms "Gibson" is also very close to George's. You can see mine with a comp pic of George's here :D

aageo.jpg

nicegent2.jpg

Great suits there siquisiri. Awesome, your set will rock. :rock

Capn, anything I can do. I hope Star Puffs grabs one too as well as anyone else who hesitated putting together a Set because they thought the Guitars were unavailable. Make sure to detail your Hofner, I used a white sharpie to pinstripe George's Gretsch as well as Paul's Bass. Makes a big difference. ;)

Last edited:
Hey pjam, are you using those minibarbie shoes? How about you siquisiri? The more I look at them, the more they're bugging me with just how oversized they are...

:lol They're called Beatle Boots and they were that big as you can see in the pic below. As the story goes, the Lads were in a Ballet Type Shop and saw these Cuban heeled boots, prolly some kind of Tango Dancing Shoes with elastic tussets on the sides and fell in love with them. Within a few months they were all the Rage in Mod England. And still are very cool. I have a pair of my own, made in the UK. I believe Loken made them.
wow. i never knew that before. thanks. (then again, i dont pay attention to people's shoes...:rolleyes::lol)

Hey pjam, are you using those minibarbie shoes? How about you siquisiri? The more I look at them, the more they're bugging me with just how oversized they are...

Yep, absolutely. Here's a pic I posted earlier w Boots on bodies with modded minibarbie suits. I'm keeping them because they're uniquely similar, they don't bug me and most of the time they won't be all that noticeable when the complete set is on display. Also I think it depends a bit on what kind of pants you use, meaning, the wider the pant bottoms the less they'll show. The minibarbie pants seem like an acceptable width IMO.

aaabeatsts.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Pjam for the heads up on the Storerooms restock!

My pleasure, trebor. Go for it. :rock I hope Star Puffs got word, she needs Paul's Bass pretty bad too.

BTW, I'll post a pic of my Guitar Mods when the straps are done. Basically, you'll need to pinstripe both outside edges of the Hofner and Gretsch. Then use a silver sharpie to paint the strings. I cut a piece of paper and layed it under the strings when doing mine to avoid messing things up.

Back