The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm - I'd not heard anything from him regarding pricing even
though he put me on the list for the suits.

Suits are 50 each or 180 for Set of Four. :D

love this thread :D one day I hope to be in a position (and have the time :lol) to build myself a set of Beatles. (and I live in Liverpool, 30 seconds from Penny Lane, used to go to the Cavern Club every Monday night for drinks n dancing (and girls), and my wife went to John Lennon's school......so if anyone should have a set of Beatles figs its me!) :monkey3

Very cool, Darren. I think John was the Only Beatle who actually lived at Penny Lane. He mentioned the street on the anthology DVD but I forget the name of it. And Paul said some of the original Shops which inspired the song may still be there, like the Barber Shop. A friend of mine who went to visit the area told me the Original Cavern Club is no more though. Is there a newer one? Anyway, would love to see some pics of the area today.

Last edited:
Its a great city, I've lived here for nearly 10 years now and you're never without something to do. Yes the original cavern is gone but Mathew Streets Cavern is still pretty good, and you have the Hard Days Night Hotel now which is a great night out, try the Honey Cant Buy Me Love, its great!

On another note I made the left boot of my Cuban heeled Cheleas last night, looking good. I'll post pics soon.

Its a great city, I've lived here for nearly 10 years now and you're never without something to do. Yes the original cavern is gone but Mathew Streets Cavern is still pretty good, and you have the Hard Days Night Hotel now which is a great night out, try the Honey Cant Buy Me Love, its great!

On another note I made the left boot of my Cuban heeled Cheleas last night, looking good. I'll post pics soon.

Wow, smiff, you and darren should meet up for a Honey Can't Buy Me Love. :D Maybe you can visit Darren's workshop, he is an amazing Talent.

So, where's the original Jack 'O Round/Jackoranda Club? I think it's still there. This is the ratty basement dive where the Lads used to hang around in the early early days, waay before Ringo and Pete Best even, and first performed together. And I belive it is where they were first recorded playing live -- that is, John, Paul and George.

Last edited:
UFB.

Store-rooms just sent me me the dread sold-out-please-choose-another email. This time that jackass sent me not one but TWO shipping confirmations.

I just responded letting him know what a rude, incompetent ass I think he is. Not my usual attitude, but being polite last time sure didn't materialise a guitar.

Having this happen once was an unfortunate mistake, twice and it shows a seller that just does not give a f___ (yes, this leaves me in a very profane mood).

UFB.

Store-rooms just sent me me the dread sold-out-please-choose-another email. This time that jackass sent me not one but TWO shipping confirmations.

I just responded letting him know what a rude, incompetent ass I think he is. Not my usual attitude, but being polite last time sure didn't materialise a guitar.

Having this happen once was an unfortunate mistake, twice and it shows a seller that just does not give a f___ (yes, this leaves me in a very profane mood).

I hear you. With me, they sent me the wrong item and then emailed me that the supplier sent them the wrong guitar and that hopefully I understand! Could you believe that SH-T! I think once im done with the Beatles Projecs, Im also done with Storerooms

So sorry, Gang. I had no idea Store-rooms was so messed up. I just ordered a TTL 1.0 body from them for my John --Lord knows what they sent me.

Anyway, we WILL get this sorted out and siq, thanks so much for offering a few spare Hofs to the Gang when you finish modding yours. Should be simple moving a control strip and guardplate :cool:

Wow, smiff, you and darren should meet up for a Honey Can't Buy Me Love. :D Maybe you can visit Darren's workshop, he is an amazing Talent.

So, where's the original Jack 'O Round/Jackoranda Club? I think it's still there. This is the ratty basement dive where the Lads used to hang around in the early early days, waay before Ringo and Pete Best even, and first performed together. And I belive it is where they were first recorded playing live -- that is, John, Paul and George.

The Jackarandas still there, just off Bold Street in the city centre. And its still ratty:)

Nice work there Darren, just been checking your stuff out:)

I'm still waiting on Artstudio... But, I also asked this guy about getting a 7 inch Hofner:

https://musicandgift.com/

I asked him about getting this:

https://www.chinatopsupplier.com/d-..._Beatles_Set_left_Handed_Hoffner_Bass_Guitar/

He wrote back:

Thank you for asking. As you know we only have this style in 4 inches now. We might expend our range to 6.75" - 7" in the future. Please keep checking with our website for that.

Best regards,

Michael Wong

He sells on ebay.

I posted some of his guitars and his online store in a previous post. He's got a nice RIC and Tele:

https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=6.75&_kw=guitar

https://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guita...tem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c07ca1138

https://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guita...tem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c07ca116d

I ordered a 6.25" acoustic guitar from him yesterday and I'll see how that goes (acoustic guitars varied from 24- child size- to 42 inches --- Dreadnought size). That guitar would be about the right size for the acoustic that George played on AND I LOVE HER and TIL THERE WAS YOU.

Anyway, if enough of us ask him to get the lefty Hofner, he might be inclined to order it.

His email is: [email protected] or [email protected]

BTW, I did some research on the Hofner bass and the one from the chinatopseupplier is more accurate than store-rooms. It turns out, that in the 60s Gibson/Epiphone sold a "viola" bass as opposed to the Hofner violin bass (supposedly Hofner's was the knock-off). The difference between them was pretty minor... mostly the headstock was different. Here it is:

https://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=115&CollectionID=12

Here's the Hofner 5001:

https://www.hofner.com/gab/en/phpshop/43/page,shop.category/category_id,10/

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks, as always, Mike. And smiff and Darren, I hope one day, as a Former Nightclub Owner, to visit you guys at Penny Lane, enjoy a Honey Can't Buy Me Love and check out Jackarandas. :cool:

How much longer until there are final product pics?! :)

Sorry to hear your guys' trouble with Store-Rooms and the guitars. Hope everyone get's it straightened out and has an awesome set of these guys. I know I'm gonna be jealous when the final pics are revealed!

Hey,
To everyone who wanted a suit set…
My mom is under some pressure right now and after fighting with the first set with all the experimenting and sewing and re- sewing to get it right, that is to say she had to sew different jackets altering the pattern along the way to nail it down wore her out to the point she said it wasn’t worth the money.
But that was the stress talking, so I’m going to hit her up for the others sets next week, I know she’ll do them I just have to ask at the right time. So hold on.

Thanks for the update, Spenser. Pls check in with smiff re: his heads order. :D

Just won an auction for a 1/6 microphone on ebay after 6 tries. Same ****** sniped me everytime, but I beat his ass tonight. :D

Anyway, it's not great, but it'll do, and the mic tilts up and down. I think it's from the Elvis 68 Barbie, one with blue box. Will post pics when it comes in but here's a pic from the listing.

aaamic.jpg

Another Mic I resourced is a Disney Camp Rock Mitchie. Doesn't look bad, may need a little detailing but it's correct height. This can be picked up pretty cheap. If I can't score another Elvis Mic, I'll prolly get one and paint it chrome as I want to have two mics. :cool:

Hey,
To everyone who wanted a suit set…
My mom is under some pressure right now and after fighting with the first set with all the experimenting and sewing and re- sewing to get it right, that is to say she had to sew different jackets altering the pattern along the way to nail it down wore her out to the point she said it wasn’t worth the money.
But that was the stress talking, so I’m going to hit her up for the others sets next week, I know she’ll do them I just have to ask at the right time. So hold on.

fingers crossed here

How much longer until there are final product pics?! :)

Sorry to hear your guys' trouble with Store-Rooms and the guitars. Hope everyone get's it straightened out and has an awesome set of these guys. I know I'm gonna be jealous when the final pics are revealed!

Well, a few are almost there, just missing a piece (guitar) or two, or are waiting for suit sets. My Set is now Complete except for painted heads and guitar straps which Seb is making as a favor. Les Walker has the heads and I have to wait in line. I have a mic coming in so I will post a "Sound Check" Pic very soon!:cool:

And congrats siq, that's a nice Rick, if only that guy would make Paul's bass in 6th scale!

Last edited:
Back