The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I painted the heads, all by myself.

Nice work, wil! Love Ringo's mike. :D

Today is John's Birthday!

PS. My Guitar straps are coming this week so my set will be done, except for Paul's Hofner, but I have a stand in. Will post pics.

Last edited:
Alright now. Get those bad boys on there and let's see some more pics! :)

Straps should arrive tomorrow. Will have pics of John and George completed. I do have a standby Hof for Paul but it's a bit big so he may have to wait until our Hofs come in... should be very soon. :D

Anyway, pics coming. :cool:

The Hofners are coming! The Hofners are coming! :yess:

The shipment is coming in next week. After clearance, we will inform you right away.

- unclefat

My Guitar straps came in last week! Thanks so Much to Seb.

I have Ringo, John and George done now and will post pics of my completed set when Paul's Guitar comes in. :D

:rock
I want to see them now, P!

Okay, okay! :lol

The light is horrible out here today, overcast, drizzly. Had to light the right side to avoid deep shadows. Anyway, here's a quick snap. I used ref photos to measure strap lengths as John held his guitar lower, George high to the chest. I still have to position John's chord hand and snip the straps, but this is how they'll look set up, three of of the Fab Four. :cool:

1-abt.jpg

Last edited:
Not a great pic, but here's another from a higher angle with John now Complete!

1-abeata.jpg

PS I'll have some good pics of John and George up soon! :cool:

Last edited:
FAB! The Fab...three anyway.

Wow very cool, Paul. Congrats :clap

Thanks Guys, labor of Love for sure. Can't wait to get Paul done.

Here are pics of George and John Complete. You can see the guitar straps better here. Seb actually put buckles in back so they are adjustable. Little things like that make a Figure IMO. :D
1-abeatg-1.jpg

a-1beatj.jpg

1-abeatj2.jpg

1-abeatj1.jpg

And I'll repost the group shot for anyone who missed it.

Okay, okay! :lol

The light is horrible out here today, overcast, drizzly. Had to light the right side to avoid deep shadows. Anyway, here's a quick snap. I used ref photos to measure strap lengths as John held his guitar lower, George high to the chest. I still have to position John's chord hand and snip the straps, but this is how they'll look set up, three of of the Fab Four. :cool:

1-abt.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I ordered the Black Saturday toys suits for my Beatles set. So that means all I have left (for now) is to get this guitar and whip them together. Looking forward to finally getting my boys playing!

Have a pic, capn? Doing any suit mods? Will the collars work okay?

Nice! Your photography skills don't do them justice. That's ok, my camera/skills couldn't either. Can't wait to see the whole group together :)

Honestly? No idea. :) It depends on how they look once I get them. I haven't seen any in-hand pics yet, but I know people went gaga over their last set, so I figured it was a good bet. I'll let you know.
Yes, they are very well made, I had an earlier version. I was wondering because they had wider lapels. What you may be able to do is this little trick I did. Glueing the jacket closed higher to the chest, that will naturally pull the lapels in and narrow the fold of the lapels. Then you can iron a thinner looking lapel and glue the lapels down with fabri-tac. Anyway, great suits, I'm sure any mods you do will look great. :D

What an epic project.

I hope to some day have the original Guns N' Roses lineup imortalized the same way...

Thanks Bro, there aren't many of us, but the efforts are definitely worth the results. These are just too good to pass up the chance. GNR would be very cool. I'm definitely in for doing a Morrison too. :cool:

Nice! Your photography skills don't do them justice. That's ok, my camera/skills couldn't either. Can't wait to see the whole group together :)

True. They are really incredible in hand. Pics tend to distort the image and project unusually strong reflections on the paint apps,, etc. If these damn Hofners would come in, Paul will be on stage too.

Last edited:
Here's a few more pics of John complete. It's cloudy and rainy again but less glare. You can see the detail better and Les Walker's Masterful paint apps.
1-abeatj3.jpg

Backlit...

1-abeatj4.jpg

From behind. Here you can see the Guitar strap with buckle Seb did for me. :D

1-abeatj5.jpg

Any Better? :)

Last edited:
Looks really good.

For those of you like me still getting the things together, the unclefat and BBICN (on ebay) might be your best bet at getting 1/6th guitars. Store-rooms doesn't list them on their website anymore.

Mike

Much better. You might have the ultimate set up with Steven's suits and Les' paint apps but I am pleasantly surprised to see some others out there with a complete set with their own paintjobs and other suits.

Much better. You might have the ultimate set up with Steven's suits and Les' paint apps but I am pleasantly surprised to see some others out there with a complete set with their own paintjobs and other suits.

;)

I don't have Steven's Mom's suits. They are minibaribie suits I modded, and that took many hours to look half way decent. :D

And I would love to see pics of some other sets. So far I think we've seen 2 other completed sets out of our group. Capn's paintups looked especially great to me IMO.

Can't wait to see more completed sets when the Hofs come in. :cool:

Back