The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine as well, and orange is about the right way to describe it. It's got more red in it than it should. Other than that, mine is pinstriped and looks pretty great! I'll (hopefully) put together a strap tonight and showcase some pics of my group shot in the next few days.

Very exciting news, capn! :cool: Seems like those who got their Hofs are pretty happy. I'll get mine today!

Did you do additional pinstriping? Curious...

For those detailing their Hofs, you may find these pics helpful. :D

https://www.thebeatalls.com/Beatalls Web Pics/1964 Hofner 2002 restoration page.htm

Last edited:
My Hof came in. Right size and scale! You Guys are going to be happy! Mine will need to be pinstriped, but little else, just minor detail work, strings, etc. I also bought the Rick from minimusicinstruments ( same seller, unclefat) and I like it better than mine, but it belongs to my Brother now. :D

I'll post a shot of the Hof in a little while. :cool:

News pics of the Hof and a Mock Up of Paul with it!

It's a happy day for pjam. :D Just wanted to thank Star Puffs, Mike and the whole gang here for making this possible. Yes, it will need detailing, but here is the Hofner bass we ALL needed and a Mock Up pic of Paul with his Bass. :cool:

1-ahof2.jpg

1-ahof1.jpg

1-ahof.jpg

1-abeatph.jpg

I love the animated poses. It really brings them to life! Maybe Paul's head should be tilted slightly to further add to the display? He wobbled his head when he sang just like John bounced when he played (which you have done so that looks good!).

This is speechless.
It should be cool to have the Rolling Stone too.
My ultimate dream ? Metallica or Slayer !

Wil,
Your set looks awesome. So cool to see others realize this amazing project!

How are you others coming along with your sets?
Please check in and let us know. :cool:

I detailed Paul's Hof, nearly done, even gold pinstriped the head. Pretty happy with it. Now my set is done and I will work on sourcing and gathering parts for my brother.

Finally finished my Paul. Detailed the Hof as follows: pinstriped edges all around front and back, painted the strings silver, painted bottom string holder thing silver, edged the head metallic gold. The only thing I didn't do was paint the pick up plates black, I like them silver they should be black. Added the leather strap today, length based on ref pics.

Anyway, done! Sorry, it's so dark, sundown here.

1-abtlpm.jpg

Will take better pics soon but for now, he's joining his Lads On Stage. To the top of the most to the Pop of the most!

Whew! Can't believe this DREAM project is done. :D :cool:

Last edited:
Go for it Wil. Little touches make a big difference. :D

Here's my Final Paul in better lighting. Very happy with it.
Or he could be singing "I Love Her" in A Hard Day's Night...

You're right, it does looks like he's singing "And I Love Her"!
1-abtlp2.jpg

Different Light...

1-abtlp3.jpg

Thanks again Gang, can't wait to see yours!
I'll take a few complete set pics later in the week. :cool:

Last edited:
Lennon-McCartney

Together again. Finally...

Did some tweaking on this pic so it's a little "Colorful". :lol

1-abtlpj-1.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't checked into this thread in a loooong while, as I backburnered this project. All I can say is, Pjam, you got me running "It's Only Love" through my mind. I miss John. You've captured the way he held his axe perfectly.

Haven't checked into this thread in a loooong while, as I backburnered this project. All I can say is, Pjam, you got me running "It's Only Love" through my mind. I miss John. You've captured the way he held his axe perfectly.

:lecture

Incredible stuff guys!

Thanks Bro, I miss him too. ;)

Hi people,

Here I am again, with some other pics. Now I have detailed the Hofner and regroup the figures.

Wilfredo

75609_1610692581420_1059402212_1730224_4993085_n.jpg

76005_1610692821426_1059402212_1730226_4405476_n.jpg

150038_1610692981430_1059402212_1730228_6107389_n.jpg

40734_1610693141434_1059402212_1730229_3481402_n.jpg

149200_1610693701448_1059402212_1730235_2572480_n.jpg

75683_1610694181460_1059402212_1730239_6739905_n.jpg

I'd suggest putting up a backdrop for pics. A sheet or posterboard or something. The rest of your collection takes away from the awesomeness of it all :)

Lennon-McCartney

Together again. Finally...

Did some tweaking on this pic so it's a little "Colorful". :lol

1-abtlpj-1.jpg

OMG!

Pjam -- after 5 years -- you've changed your background from the Navaho white wall to this! Much better!

Figures look good too. :D Nice trim on Paul's guitar!

Back