The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready Player One Zavvi 3D steelbook is up for pre-order.

Yup, place holder art:

11738215-2034572460663536.jpg

11738215-8024572460552368.jpg

11738215-5904572460419234.jpg

How has Zavvi been recently with shipping?

I've never been charged more than 2.99£, but they occasionally do free shipping on steelbooks.

What about the packaging?

I've ordered 37 SteelBooks from Zavvi (and a few other items such as ZBoxes and art books) and only one SteelBook has been delivered damaged, Thor: Ragnarock.

In that case, since the Zavvi Steel had the same art as the Best Buy steel, and I merely ordered for the 3D, I was okay with it, and just accepted a 10% credit.

As Doc mentioned, they charge £2.99 for shipping, but here's a tip: if you order multiple items, they ONLY charge £2.99 TOTAL! So try to combine orders when you can. Your credit card company/bank will also charge a foreign transaction fee, but it's always been less than $1.

The only thing is that it can take up to a month to get your orders.

As far as SteelBooks, Zavvi ships in a cardboard shipper.

As far as I'm aware of, they don't charge VAT. There's no line item for VAT in the online invoice. Since the conversion rate is variable, the final amount usually differs by a few cents.

For example, my order of The Last Jedi 3D SteelBook:

Price: £24.99

Delivery: £2.33

Total Cost: £27.32

Based on today's conversion rate, the total is $38.31. However, when it shipped on 4/9/2018, I was charged $38.77.

Hands down BEST live demo the industry has EVER put out to the public no words can describe how awesome, authentic and customer friendly this is.

Hats off to Vizio.

By the way first impressions were that it hit 90% of OLED’s blacks while beating it in the brightness dept with a proposed 2000 nit level at much lower costs than an OLED which is the key.

Only size available for their Quantum line is 65” so that’s something to keep in mind.

Very informative demo

Great demo indeed. Thank you for sharing.

As far as I'm aware of, they don't charge VAT. There's no line item for VAT in the online invoice. Since the conversion rate is variable, the final amount usually differs by a few cents.

For example, my order of The Last Jedi 3D SteelBook:

Price: £24.99

Delivery: £2.33

Total Cost: £27.32

Based on today's conversion rate, the total is $38.31. However, when it shipped on 4/9/2018, I was charged $38.77.

This does not mean they do not charge it.

Amazon has it in their prices.
When they see it is shipping to the US it is removed.

For example RPO 3D is listed at £19.99

But my invoice shows:

Item(s) Subtotal: £16.66
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total: £19.74
Grand Total: £19.74

Hence, “as far as I’m aware of”. :wink1: You’re correct, VAT could just be added to the final price.

Unfortunately, ordering from overseas is fast becoming the only way to get a 3D release of something, and I’ve found Zavvi to be the easiest to deal with. HMV gets some exclusive SteelBooks as well, but they don’t ship to the US.

Hence, “as far as I’m aware of”. :wink1: You’re correct, VAT could just be added to the final price.

Unfortunately, ordering from overseas is fast becoming the only way to get a 3D release of something, and I’ve found Zavvi to be the easiest to deal with. HMV gets some exclusive SteelBooks as well, but they don’t ship to the US.

Yeah. If they steel had both 4k and 3D I would have gotten.

Nah, Novamedia is a legit company out of Korea. I don’t have any of their releases, but there are a bunch of forum members over at www.blu-ray.com that collect Novamedia’s releases.

I just mention it cause it's feeling like this is not new news. And they still have them in stock. I think its about $40 shipped.

Back