The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone here point me to a site where they do thorough reviews of blu/4k players? I’m looking for a good one, but I don’t need to spend a fortune.

iTunes Australia currently has the Dark Knight Trilogy and Abrams Star Trek trilogy for $A25 apiece, and Ghostbusters 1 & 2 for $A15 the set.

Of these, STID and GB2 are the only ones not in 4K, but they will probably be upgraded in future.

The pro's: Apple is currently upgrading to the next generation of resolution for free, so you should be covered for 8K and above.

The con's: The 4K versions are currently streaming-only, but you can still download 1080p and below.

Hands down BEST live demo the industry has EVER put out to the public no words can describe how awesome, authentic and customer friendly this is.

Hats off to Vizio.

By the way first impressions were that it hit 90% of OLED’s blacks while beating it in the brightness dept with a proposed 2000 nit level at much lower costs than an OLED which is the key.

Only size available for their Quantum line is 65” so that’s something to keep in mind.

Very informative demo

Last edited:
Yup totally nuts.

That will pretty much kill the projector market once the screen gets up to 120 inches.

No need for a projector it will have perfect OLED blacks all in one roll up.

Back