The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have missed it, but can anyone give me a link to where I can buy the new Blu-ray transfer of Gladiator?

Regardless of your intentions this is a basic high school concept that gets you kicked out of college, and whatever academic affiliations you might belong to.
Plagiarism

My school is fine with it, perhaps you've heard of it, FU?
:wave

michaeljacksongif.gif

I may have missed it, but can anyone give me a link to where I can buy the new Blu-ray transfer of Gladiator?

Due to what I found on Blu-ray.com, you might be better off finding it from a local store.

Buyers will need to look at the back cover's bottom right-hand corner for a Paramount logo, and if the words "2-DISC SET" are present, that's the old copy; the new versions do not contain the "2-DISC SET" lettering. Also please note that some buyers are reporting that Paramount has changed the UPC code on the back of the box to a yellow color with the latest pressing of the new release.

It bugs me when they release films as a "trilogy" when there are more than 3 movies in a series.

It bugs me when they release films as a "trilogy" when there are more than 3 movies in a series.

Yeah, I agree. That's the one thing I don't like. When I see these boxed sets, I want ALL of the movies in the series. Granted, I know that's not possible with Afterlife still in theaters, but you see my point. I'd rather see a boxed set with ALL installments, rather than just half or 2/3 etc.

But on a more positive note, that's still a really great deal and definitely tempting!!!

I would consider it if all 3 discs come in their own case and I could just toss the 'trilogy' box. But I couldn't buy it if they are all in the same case.

Is there a site that has the information for who/where to send my original disc to?

I think I posted the info in the Gladiator blu ray thread.

Here is the address to send the old disk to. I just printed my name, contact info and address on a piece of paper then folded it in half; stuck the disk in; taped the edges shut and mailed it in a padded envelope. It took a couple weeks to get the new disk.

PHE MKT
c/o Deluxe Media Management
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

Last edited:
Cronos and Videodrome coming from Criterion on December 7th.

From Blu-ray.com:

2762_large.jpg

Cronos
- Two audio commentaries: Guillermo del Toro; Producers Arthur H. Gorson and Bertha Navarro and coproducer Alejandro Springall
- Geometría: an unreleased 1987 short horror film by Del Toro, finished by the director in 2010, plus a new video interview with him
- Welcome to Bleak House: a video tour by Del Toro of his office, featuring his collectibles and personal work
- New video interviews with Del Toro, Navarro, and actor Ron Perlman
- Video interview with actor Federico Luppi
- Stills gallery
- Trailer
- A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Maitland McDonagh and excerpts from Del Toro's notes for the film

11306_large.jpg

Videodrome
- Two audio commentaries: David Cronenberg and director of photography Mark Irwin; Actors James Woods and Deborah Harry
- Camera (2000): a short film starring Videodrome's Les Carlson, written and directed by Cronenberg
- Forging the New Flesh: a new half-hour documentary featurette by filmmaker Michael Lennick about the creation of Videodrome's video and prosthetic makeup effects
- Effects Men: a new audio interview with special makeup effects creator Baker and video effects supervisor Lennick
- Bootleg Video: the complete footage of Samurai Dreams and seven minutes of transmissions from Videodrome, presented in their original, unedited form with filmmaker commentary
- Fear on Film: a 26-minute roundtable discussion from 1982 between filmmakers Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis, and Mick Garris
- Original theatrical trailers and promotional featurette
- Stills galleries featuring hundreds of rare behind-the-scenes production photos, special effects makeup tests, and publicity photos
- A booklet featuring essays by writers Carrie Rickey, Tim Lucas, and Gary Indiana

Back