The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toy Story Trilogy Box-Set :rock

fc5jdz.jpg

And Best Buy has a Sunnyside Daycare Toybox thingy they're selling for $14.99, might be a box to store the 3 movies in if you bought the first two and won't be buying the Trilogy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toy+St...=2148968&skuId=1305955&st=sunnyside&lp=1&cp=1

I was just gonna get Toy Story 3 but now i think i'm also gonna get the Trilogy Box-set :yess:

:drool:drool:drool

this is what i have been waiting for :yess:

Of all the films in the series, the biggest concern with the upcoming "Alien Anthology" Blu-ray set was by far James Cameron's "Aliens", the film I wouldn't call the best ever made but the one I'm proud to call my single favourite film of all time.

Having undergone a re-release in 2003, Ridley Scott's "Alien" got a major restoration job then so its DVD transfer in the best-selling "Alien Quadrilogy" boxset was similarly impressive. Similarly Scott himself has shown strong work with Blu-ray transfers of his catalogue titles like "Kingdom of Heaven," "Black Hawk Down" and "Blade Runner". His involvement in the Blu-ray transfer of "Alien" was a given and thus it comes as no surprise that it'll look great on Blu-ray.

Cameron on the other hand hasn't been so involved in the format, so there was no guarantee of his supervision. "Aliens" was shot on a film type that didn't take off and resulted in a lot of grain and a sickly pale purple lighting motif in various scenes - all of which made it a very soft-looking and muted film visually.

Panic truly set in around July when Fox released the second Blu-ray version of 80's sci-fi action hit "Predator". Slammed for delivering a grainy print the first time around, this new transfer went too extreme the other way - stripping out all the grain and in the process removing much of the fine detail which made many of the faces look waxen.

Hope finally shone forth the other week when Cameron himself revealed in an interview that he'd supervised a remastering of "Aliens" for the Blu-ray release and that the changes and adjustments they made would make it look better than it ever has before, even better than the theatrical release.

Well now the proof has emerged with the first screen caps from the Blu-ray release showing up on AVS Forum and demonstrating a major improvement in color, contrast, fine detail, etc. to the point the film looks almost brand new. Certainly this seems like it will be a reference quality disc in terms of demonstrating how good 80's films can look on the format given the proper time, money and care with a restoration.

:confused: Are you this guy or did you just forget to attribute your quote with a link (or quotation, for that matter)?

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18187/incredible-aliens-restoration-blu-ray-caps

I just swipe the info and pass it along, I dont give a rats rear about quotes or proper credit.(Unless its 1/6th customs or 1/6th beauty shots)
Its the internetz man, its a slackers paradise.
If you really want to think Im sitting at home doing screen caps for side by side comparison on material that isnt available to the general public well I cant help ya...
:wave

Idiot, plain and simple.

Yup, that means alot coming from you.

Dude, I'm sorry, that's really tacky to copy and past an entire article as if you wrote it yourself.

Dude, I'm sorry, that's really tacky to copy and past an entire article as if you wrote it yourself.

:slap
Wow...just wow...
Yes, that was exactly my intention to perceived as a Blu ray industry insider and be admired by all.
Geez, sorry I shared anything at all.
Go save some whales while youre on your high horse.

Last edited:
Just saying that it is soooo easy to just do this:

Of all the films in the series, the biggest concern with the upcoming "Alien Anthology" Blu-ray set was by far James Cameron's "Aliens", the film I wouldn't call the best ever made but the one I'm proud to call my single favourite film of all time.

Having undergone a re-release in 2003, Ridley Scott's "Alien" got a major restoration job then so its DVD transfer in the best-selling "Alien Quadrilogy" boxset was similarly impressive. Similarly Scott himself has shown strong work with Blu-ray transfers of his catalogue titles like "Kingdom of Heaven," "Black Hawk Down" and "Blade Runner". His involvement in the Blu-ray transfer of "Alien" was a given and thus it comes as no surprise that it'll look great on Blu-ray.

Cameron on the other hand hasn't been so involved in the format, so there was no guarantee of his supervision. "Aliens" was shot on a film type that didn't take off and resulted in a lot of grain and a sickly pale purple lighting motif in various scenes - all of which made it a very soft-looking and muted film visually.

Panic truly set in around July when Fox released the second Blu-ray version of 80's sci-fi action hit "Predator". Slammed for delivering a grainy print the first time around, this new transfer went too extreme the other way - stripping out all the grain and in the process removing much of the fine detail which made many of the faces look waxen.

Hope finally shone forth the other week when Cameron himself revealed in an interview that he'd supervised a remastering of "Aliens" for the Blu-ray release and that the changes and adjustments they made would make it look better than it ever has before, even better than the theatrical release.

Well now the proof has emerged with the first screen caps from the Blu-ray release showing up on AVS Forum and demonstrating a major improvement in color, contrast, fine detail, etc. to the point the film looks almost brand new. Certainly this seems like it will be a reference quality disc in terms of demonstrating how good 80's films can look on the format given the proper time, money and care with a restoration.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18187/incredible-aliens-restoration-blu-ray-caps

Honestly. That took me 10 seconds.

I think Fox should now go back and fix Predator with the Lowry restoration process like they did with Aliens, and then offer an exchange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowry_Digital

I know it's FOX, silly me

:lecture :lecture I've watched the Ultimate Hunter Edition of Predator 3x now, and I still can't get over how it was released without any of the people responsible being fired. :slap

From Blu-ray.com:
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5124

Spider-Man 1 and 2 Get Separate Blu-ray Releases

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 for Blu-ray release on November 16. Until now, the first two Spidey movies were only available as part of the box set Spider-Man: The High Definition Trilogy, released in October 2007. Spider-Man (and probably Spider-Man 2 as well) will include extensive bonus features which were lacking in the Trilogy release.

Special features for Spider-Man include:

- Commentaries: Filmmakers and cast, Visual effects designer and crew, Tobey Maguire and JK Simmons
- Spider Sense Trivia Challenge: Test your Spider-Man movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game (BD-exclusive)
- Historical Documentary - Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century
- HBO Making of Spider-Man
- "Spider-Mania" an E! Entertainment Special
- Director Profile: Sam Raimi
- Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
- Behind the Scenes of Spider-Man: documentaries, featurettes, filmmaker profiles and more
- Screen rests
- Gag/outtake reel
- Webisodes
- Music videos: Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott: "Hero", Sum 41: "What We're All About"
- BD-Live: The Spider-man Cutting Room: Create your own video using clips and music from the movie and share it via BD-Live, movieIQ: connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie

Special features for Spider-Man 2 haven't been listed yet.

From Blu-ray.com:
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5124

Spider-Man 1 and 2 Get Separate Blu-ray Releases

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 for Blu-ray release on November 16. Until now, the first two Spidey movies were only available as part of the box set Spider-Man: The High Definition Trilogy, released in October 2007. Spider-Man (and probably Spider-Man 2 as well) will include extensive bonus features which were lacking in the Trilogy release.

Special features for Spider-Man include:

- Commentaries: Filmmakers and cast, Visual effects designer and crew, Tobey Maguire and JK Simmons
- Spider Sense Trivia Challenge: Test your Spider-Man movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game (BD-exclusive)
- Historical Documentary - Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century
- HBO Making of Spider-Man
- "Spider-Mania" an E! Entertainment Special
- Director Profile: Sam Raimi
- Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
- Behind the Scenes of Spider-Man: documentaries, featurettes, filmmaker profiles and more
- Screen rests
- Gag/outtake reel
- Webisodes
- Music videos: Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott: "Hero", Sum 41: "What We're All About"
- BD-Live: The Spider-man Cutting Room: Create your own video using clips and music from the movie and share it via BD-Live, movieIQ: connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie

Special features for Spider-Man 2 haven't been listed yet.

Read this on the HDD site. Looks like Fox is trying to get rid of their boxed set overstock by breaking them up individually. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the exact specs as the boxed set.

:slap
Wow...just wow...
Yes, that was exactly my intention to perceived as a Blu ray industry insider and be admired by all.
Geez, sorry I shared anything at all.
Go save some whales while youre on your high horse.

Regardless of your intentions this is a basic high school concept that gets you kicked out of college, and whatever academic affiliations you might belong to.
Plagiarism

Back